• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Gibbs: The Backup Backup Backup Captain

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Yes it makes perfect sense. Gibbs is fantastic on the ball for a full back, integrates with midfield and the forwards well has great ball retention, makes himself available out wide.

No, he isn't. Put a bit of pressure on him, and he'll hoof the ball or pass it back. He's dreadful.

You basically described Monreal there.

Thehulk

Gibbs is far from being dreadful, and im more than confident on his ability, he's probably been our best English player over recent years.

Emibury

No, he isn't. Put a bit of pressure on him, and he'll hoof the ball or pass it back. He's dreadful.

You basically described Monreal there.

That is the other extreme to the post you are replying to. The truth is that Gibbs lies somewhere inbetween the two. He is good but not great. It's interesting that other than Chelsea and Everton, there are no teams in the Premier League who have a particularly outstanding leftback. Gibbs is not far behind the rest of the left backs in the league, if at all.

Furious

That is the other extreme to the post you are replying to. The truth is that Gibbs lies somewhere inbetween the two. He is good but not great. It's interesting that other than Chelsea and Everton, there are no teams in the Premier League who have a particularly outstanding leftback. Gibbs is not far behind the rest of the left backs in the league, if at all.

He may not be "dreadful", but he's certainly more that than he's "fantastic on the ball, with great technique and passing" - that's how you describe someone like Marcelo, ffs.

He's undeniably the dullest player we have, and number 1 on my list over players we should sell.

Emibury

He may not be "dreadful", but he's certainly more that than he's "fantastic on the ball, with great technique and passing" - that's how you describe someone like Marcelo, ffs.

He's undeniably the dullest player we have, and number 1 on my list over players we should sell.

Ahead of Flamini, Arteta, and Diaby?

I think there are several positions that are clearly more important to strengthen before left back - keeper, central/holding midfield, centre forward and probably wing.

Furious

Ahead of Flamini, Arteta, and Diaby?

I think there are several positions that are clearly more important to strengthen before left back - keeper, central/holding midfield, centre forward and probably wing.

Ahead of Arteta, absolutely. Flamini is Özil's mate. Diaby at least isn't a problem on the pitch.

Probably. But, I'd still ship Gibbs out as the first one, followed by Chesney, and maybe Walcott. These 3 symbolize hundreds of Arsenal appearancrs with little to no improvement to show. Out.

The_Roadrunner

Burned Out

I'd say Gibbs is well below the best LBs in the league. Monreal is all around better than Gibbs. Bertrand and Rose are definitely better than Gibbs. Blind at LB has been better than Gibbs and Shaw was better last year and could be better next year. Clichy was better than Gibbs earlier but suffers in the last month as all City have been poor. Cresswell is probably better than Gibbs at this point. Andrew Robertson is at least on Gibbs' level and can surpass it soon.

Gibbs is just bang average which combined with being a bit injury prone makes him one of our weakest links.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I saw Mings in two games, thought he looked excellent but he's not rated by others on here.

Gibbs is even worse than Eboue, at least Eboue could thrust forward if do nothing else.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Azpilicueta
Felipe Luis
Monreal
Shaw
Clichy
Rose
Bertrand
Cresswell
Baines

They're all better than Gibbs now I reckon, the following are about the same level.

Moreno
Kolarov
Davies
Taylor
Robertson

Thehulk

Lol every one was saying Monreal was **** and we should get rid of him last season, Gibbs will show his quality he has time on his hands.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I was a Gibbs fan, but how long do you wait for a guy to deliver?

Not that I think he's going anywhere anyway, him and Monreal will be LB next season.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Lol every one was saying Monreal was **** and we should get rid of him last season, Gibbs will show his quality he has time on his hands.
Monreal has actually done something to change some views of him, Gibbs has hardly improved since his debut.

Furious

Time on his hands? He has had that for 8 years, he's still ****. God forbid us to waste another minute on him. He's actually older than Cashley was when he left us, and he should be the benchmark to go by.

The_Roadrunner

Burned Out
Time on his hands? He has had that for 8 years, he's still ****. God forbid us to waste another minute on him. He's actually older than Cashley was when he left us, and he should be the benchmark to go by.

We'd be better off if we got rid of Gibbs and got a younger LB like Bertrand, Davies or Robertson.

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom