• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Looks more and more like the board we’re getting desperate because no one would come here. Even Arteta was holding out on backroom staff.

Emery put himself forward and he got it as the only willing candidate. Even though he wasn’t on their list. :lol:

Saves embarrassment.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
It's funny how most of the fans from our rivals are saying we have the worst manager out of the top 6.

Do they realise how much that ****bag Mourinho has declined and the fans have turned on him?

Do they realise that Mauricio Botller(ttino) is all hype but no trophies?

Do they realise that Antonio "nutcase" Conte has lost the plot and is on edge?

That leaves Pep & Klopp who are currently in the limelight.

It's easy for our rivals to look down at Emery as they're just basing it on his stint at PSG. I hope he does well so he kicks them all in the nuts.
Although I agree about Mou, Poch has elevated a struggling Sp**s and only improved them since joining. Trophies or not. Conte won them the BPL amazingly and then won an FA cup. His issues are clearly with the board/ownership he would strive at another club imo

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Looks more and more like the board we’re getting desperate because no one would come here. Even Arteta was holding out on backroom staff.

Emery put himself forward and he got it as the only willing candidate. Even though he wasn’t on their list. :lol:

Telegraph hasnt seen the list so they are probably guessing.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
How do you guys think we will lineup with Emery and who he will bring in?

Jae

Most top coaches and top footballers are all unanimous in Ramsey being a top player. It's only in the world of social media and fan forums where he's considered a mediocre midfielder with poor control who just wants to score goals. I think people have invented an idea of Ramsey purely because of how Wenger used him tbh, Wenger used him in a midfield pivot but still wanted him to get forward as a the late runner. For some reason many are convinced that Ramsey always took it upon himself and ignore that strict instruction from Wenger to sit and stay alongside Xhaka the whole time when in reality he was in reality deployed as an attacking midfielder who started from a deep position. If it was a case that Ramsey was ignoring Wengers instructions then surely Wenger could have just dropped him? I mean I know Wenger is criticised for being two nice to his players but he's dropped plenty of players for below par performances in the past.

Heck, if people bothered to listen to Wenger they'd realise that Ramsey was following his instructions all along and his constant praise for Ramsey reflects that.

Maybe Emery will give Ramsey some freedom with a pivot behind him sort of similar to the role he has for Wales, or perhaps Ramsey will be told to just not get forward as much an leaving Xhaka isolated, which he's done successful when tasked with doing so in many big games for us. When he's instructed to play deeper he does so successfully. Chelsea FA Cup final and NLD at home are two examples off the top of my head.

I don't reckon Wenger gave anyone any instructions to be honest mate. He certainly didn't whilst he was glued to the bench every game.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Although I agree about Mou, Poch has elevated a struggling Sp**s and only improved them since joining. Trophies or not. Conte won them the BPL amazingly and then won an FA cup. His issues are clearly with the board/ownership he would strive at another club imo

Pochettino is not a winner, Emery is.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric

Saves embarrassment.

Emery has been pushing for the Arsenal job since leaving PSG and met club officials earlier this month to hold preliminary talks about the possibility of taking over at the Emirates

The Independent disagree

carlito'sway

Established Member
Beautiful place bro, been there a few times.

You happy or underwhelmed?

Bordeaux is a fantastic city. Enjoy it.

Underwhelmed. As mentioned before, I would have been more excited by the Emeri from Seville. He is a decent guy and good manager but his experience at PSG was a bust and that is cause for concerns.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
The Wenger loyalists will damage this club until he retires.
It's kind of gross that some have their knives out for the guy before he's even been unveiled. For example the chief Wenger sycophant's brilliant logic:
Emery not winning the league over a once in a generation group of talent at Monaco so special that a handful of them fetched nearly 300 million in transfer fees in a single summer=failure.
BUT
Wenger failing to win the title in a year when Leicester were the only competition because he couldn't beat Man United's children or Ronald Koeman's Shane Long led Southampton= rousing success we should have followed to the ends of the earth because "squad cost". All this mind you while ignoring Leicester's squad cost, Tottenham's squad cost and the manager wasting 80m in a single summer on Xhaka, Mustafi and Perez who never played.

It's fine to be apprehensive about Emery but it seems to me that a person unwilling to give a fair shot to the new manager out of some kind of perverse loyalty to the old manager is not a supporter of this club at all and should probably bugger off with Wenger to his next job(if/when he gets one).

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Pochettino is not a winner, Emery is.
Football is not either-or man I know Poch hasnt won things but he's done a great job for a crap club. He needs to start pushing on soon but remember they were always struggling to get into the top4-5 and now Poch has delivered it. One step at a time bro.. wenger took us backwards in his final years

AVENTUS

Saves embarrassment.

Who else could we of approached tho. Jardim, Allegri, didn’t want to move on. Rogers or Carlo probably wasn’t up for the challenge. Conte May remain at Chelsea and Arteta, Henry or Pat V was a huge risk..

Don’t think there was much candidates in the first place to approach. So don’t think it’s a case of nobody wanted the job those who the board probably really wanted are already at clubs and comfortable..

AVENTUS

Apparently he blew the board away with his interview was able to give in depth analysis of our first 11, previous injury history and what he plans to do for the future.

Says he wants to build the team around Ramsey and Aubamyeang

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Football is not either-or man I know Poch hasnt won things but he's done a great job for a crap club. He needs to start pushing on soon but remember they were always struggling to get into the top4-5 and now Poch has delivered it. One step at a time bro.. wenger took us backwards in his final years

I guess you didnt say this when Wenger took us to CL with Denilson in the starting eleven. Actually, all we heard during that time was that football is about winning and absolutely nothing else.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Most top coaches and top footballers are all unanimous in Ramsey being a top player. It's only in the world of social media and fan forums where he's considered a mediocre midfielder with poor control who just wants to score goals. I think people have invented an idea of Ramsey purely because of how Wenger used him tbh, Wenger used him in a midfield pivot but still wanted him to get forward as a the late runner. For some reason many are convinced that Ramsey always took it upon himself and ignore that strict instruction from Wenger to sit and stay alongside Xhaka the whole time when in reality he was in reality deployed as an attacking midfielder who started from a deep position. If it was a case that Ramsey was ignoring Wengers instructions then surely Wenger could have just dropped him? I mean I know Wenger is criticised for being two nice to his players but he's dropped plenty of players for below par performances in the past.

Heck, if people bothered to listen to Wenger they'd realise that Ramsey was following his instructions all along and his constant praise for Ramsey reflects that.

Maybe Emery will give Ramsey some freedom with a pivot behind him sort of similar to the role he has for Wales, or perhaps Ramsey will be told to just not get forward as much an leaving Xhaka isolated, which he's done successful when tasked with doing so in many big games for us. When he's instructed to play deeper he does so successfully. Chelsea FA Cup final and NLD at home are two examples off the top of my head.

Bro, seriously? Most top coaches? Any quote to support this?...Would love to hear Pep, Zidane or other top managers about Ramsey....:)
A top player.. how many top clubs are chasing him? The dude had a great season years ago and had a decent one in 18. We really tend to overate our players!

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I guess you didnt say this when Wenger took us to CL with Denilson in the starting eleven. Actually, all we heard during that time was that football is about winning and absolutely nothing else.
Firstly im not taking anything away from Wenger... I just think his last period as an Arsenal manager was quite poor. And secondly you're copletely taking the discussion and teleporting it somewhere else with than Denilson point.. it was a different league back then. Sp**s and Liverpool were jokes in the league back then. Wenger getting top4 for so long is great and all... but we're a top club no? You think we should have the same aspirations as Sp**s..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 2

Fulham have made Emile Smith Rowe a priority this summer and are ready to bid for him [Mike McGrath - The Telegraph]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom