• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze_of_glory

Two managers at Arsenal with completely different styles have had him as the one mainstay in the midfield despite plenty of other options. Says a lot more than anything else imo.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I almost wish this would happen and Watchmen is plummet down to double digits position!

Would that make you wankers happy?
FFS It’s Xhaka not Pirlo. I’m willing to bet you £190 that if we sold Xhaka tomorrow morning we would finish 3rd. I’m that confident that losing Xhaka would actually push us top 3rd. No Arsenal player in recent years has been more detrimental to us than Xhaka. We were a top 4 club before he messed us up.

RunTheTrap

Two managers at Arsenal with completely different styles have had him as the one mainstay in the midfield despite plenty of other options. Says a lot more than anything else imo.
Yeah and the previous manager of 22 years lost his job because he trusted Xhaka way longer than he should have. Emery will follow Wenger if he doesn’t try and solve the Xhaka problem

say yes

forum master baiter
FFS It’s Xhaka not Pirlo. I’m willing to bet you £190 that if we sold Xhaka tomorrow morning we would finish 3rd. I’m that confident that losing Xhaka would actually push us top 3rd. No Arsenal player in recent years has been more detrimental to us than Xhaka. We were a top 4 club before he messed us up.
Utter nonsense.

The more I read this post the more bizarre it becomes. Why £190? :lol:

blaze_of_glory

Yeah and the previous manager of 22 years lost his job because he trusted Xhaka way longer than he should have. Emery will follow Wenger if he doesn’t try and solve the Xhaka problem
Very reductive take. Wenger was let go for a confluence of reasons and context, and Emery has many other things he needs to sort out first.

RunTheTrap

Utter nonsense.

The more I read this post the more bizarre it becomes. Why £190? :lol:
Mate, I got a bit carried away. I was meant to say £100 but I mistyped. But my point still stands, we were a top 4 team before this clown came in. People love to criticise the likes of Mustafi, Cech, Elneny or whoever but forget Xhaka cos he’s a “leader”. He’s lead us to mediocrity. Since we’ve out of the top 4 no player has had more minutes in the first team than Xhaka. If Xhaka didn’t foul that Brighton guy, we’d be in the top 4. My agenda won’t stop till he’s gone.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
"Despite plenty of other options" Can you list them out? We have other options only this season.
Wenger didn't have another option. The biggest mistake he made was trusting Xhaka.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Mate, I got a bit carried away. I was meant to say £100 but I mistyped. But my point still stands, we were a top 4 team before this clown came in. People love to criticise the likes of Mustafi, Cech, Elneny or whoever but forget Xhaka cos he’s a “leader”. He’s lead us to mediocrity. Since we’ve out of the top 4 no player has had more minutes in the first team than Xhaka. If Xhaka didn’t foul that Brighton guy, we’d be in the top 4. My agenda won’t stop till he’s gone.
According to people, if someone is a body builder and acts arrogantly, he is a good leader, even if he has pieces of turd for brain.

blaze_of_glory

"Despite plenty of other options" Can you list them out? We have other options only this season.
Wenger didn't have another option. The biggest mistake he made was trusting Xhaka.
Yes that’s what I mean, we now have more options and Xhaka still gets the nod. He has qualities that the manager wants, clearly. I don’t even think he’s amazing, he’s just no where near as bad as made out. Also our most experienced and physical CM, with a better passing range than the others as well.

I think he stays a starter until we have another experienced CM, either one that comes in or through our younger guys just gaining that experience. For now we have bigger issues, like implementing an entirely new attacking style.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Yes that’s what I mean, we now have more options and Xhaka still gets the nod. He has qualities that the manager wants, clearly. I don’t even think he’s amazing, he’s just no where near as bad as made out. Also our most experienced and physical CM, with a better passing range than the others as well.

I think he stays a starter until we have another experienced CM, either one that comes in or through our younger guys just gaining that experience. For now we have bigger issues, like implementing an entirely new attacking style.

Bit soon to be saying he still gets the nod, no? 10-15 games and you may have point there as we like to hope we'll see a settled team by then.

RacingPhoton

Established Member

You meant that both Wenger and Emery played Xhaka despite having plenty of options, which is not the case. The next option Wenger had was ****ing Elneny. And the season has just started. New players will take time to settle down.

I don't understand this. People hate Mustafi but love Xhaka while numbers show that Xhaka has committed more mistakes than Mustafi. Again, people just using the word "qualities" randomly to support him. He is physical? How? He cannot even take on a player one on one which is the reason why he is committing those errors?

When was the last time since we bought Xhaka that we scored a good counter attacking goal? Counter attacks have to be fast. With Xhaka, the entire team slows down. His only strength is playing those long balls and it is of no use to us.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Always seems like there’s one player that just needs to go and we’ll suddenly see massive improvements. First it was Giroud, then Ramsey, now Xhaka, etc. But it never really works out like that.
Don't think Ramsey had the same level of hatred that Xhaka has. With Ramsey, the bigger problem was injuries. Whenever he starts looking good, he gets injured. Fans just didn't want to have a player like that on high salary. Many here were willing to have him on a lower salary.

blaze_of_glory

You meant that both Wenger and Emery played Xhaka despite having plenty of options, which is not the case. The next option Wenger had was ****ing Elneny. And the season has just started. New players will take time to settle down.

I don't understand this. People hate Mustafi but love Xhaka while numbers show that Xhaka has committed more mistakes than Mustafi. Again, people just using the word "qualities" randomly to support him. He is physical? How? He cannot even take on a player one on one which is the reason why he is committing those errors?

When was the last time since we bought Xhaka that we scored a good counter attacking goal? Counter attacks have to be fast. With Xhaka, the entire team slows down. His only strength is playing those long balls and it is of no use to us.
I should have worded it better. Xhaka has remained first choice despite increasing CM options under two different managers. And I don’t think there’s much sign of that changing in the near future for the reasons I stated before.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Think Xhaka is better than Henderson and if Liverpool could build a world class midfield consisting of Henderson, so should we.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
So everyone else is wrong and you are right? If many people are repeating it and you are the only one saying he's good enough then maybe your judgment should be called into question

Plenty of visionaries have been questioned and belittled only for history proving them right...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom