• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Lionelson

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

One hopes Nelson's performance gives us a bit more perspective and humility. Knowing that it is not correct to write off our rotation players, because we dont like what they are doing when we see them play.

We all have no idea of what's going on behind the scenes, yet we want to confidently speak about players and whether they are finished or not.

A lot of you look like fools today after being completely dogwalked by Xhaka, these streets never forgot you. Have opinions by all means, but dont make yourselves look stupid by boldly "speaking facts".
It was one game. You don’t prove doubters wrong in one game. He has to prove himself

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
The thing about

Nuno T watching on.
I bet Reiss rinses people in training. He seems like the sort that everyone at the club knows has sauce but for whatever reason he hasn't been able to get a good run here and show it in games that count. I'm so happy for him today and while I hope of course that Saka recovers quickly, I think Reiss has a chance in Cup matches and the EL at the very least to build some more confidence and establish himself as someone who can be a real option.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Thought it was an excellent game from him.

For me though Nelson is in the last chance saloon. It's not about potential or natural ability any more, he's got to start consistently putting in good performances when he gets a chance, this season.

I still have some question marks but I really hope he can kick on.

DasBootist

Where are all the posters saying 'sell' not too long ago? I always knew Nelson would step up and it feels good being proved correct.

Onwards and upwards...

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
The thing about

I bet Reiss rinses people in training. He seems like the sort that everyone at the club knows has sauce but for whatever reason he hasn't been able to get a good run here and show it in games that count. I'm so happy for him today and while I hope of course that Saka recovers quickly, I think Reiss has a chance in Cup matches and the EL at the very least to build some more confidence and establish himself as someone who can be a real option.
Reiss looks amazing in all the training videos so this is believable. Gotta do it on the pitch though otherwise it means nothing!

Reiss needs to make sure this isn't an isolated moment. He will probably start this Thursday and he needs to deliver again.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Reiss looks amazing in all the training videos so this is believable. Gotta do it on the pitch though otherwise it means nothing!

Reiss needs to make sure this isn't an isolated moment. He will probably start this Thursday and he needs to deliver again.
Bloke needs to stop playing it safe, get out there, take risks, sauce people up. Then, when he makes a huge **** up and everyone's pissed at him he needs to keep doing it.

That Guardiola line about learning to play football with courage is so important imo, and particularly pertinent with this player

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Yeah loved to see the confidence after. Before the goals it was all sideways and backwards afterwards he was taking them on, trying things forwards. Very good.
Casting my mind back when he was just on the cusp of going from the academy to the full team. We all had such high hopes for him. It’s just a mentality thing with him and we know they can change. The talent has always been there. Come on reiss. You got this.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Pleased for the boy, lets see how he plays the next outing. Still skeptical, but a good days work is worth its credit

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

I think he also needs to know that it's not all about goals and assists but making a difference to the team. It's what Saka, Jesus and Martinelli do during "dry patches". He has a chance now and I hope he can take it and add another real option to our front line.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

"Arteta doesn't play youth". Hahah, biggest joke there ever has been!

Arteta went into the season with Nelson & Marquinhos as squad players to depend on. He trusted them enough for it, rather than paying over the top (like over 50 million or even more for Mudryk). People here didn't trust own youth, but mostly complained about the lack of depth.

So it's bad when Arteta trusts own youth like this, but still somehow he doesn't trust or play youth in the view of many. 🤷‍♂️

AM is a weird place, keeps you on your toes guessing what the heck is going on, and what's the next development. That's part of why we all love it!

I hope Nelson keeps trying things more bravely, but intelligently. He has contract until 2023, but looks like a true gunner, so no worries there. It's a nice situation for him to play for a contract, wherever that is. Even at Arsenal if he fires it up like he can.

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom