• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw Premier League: Arsenal 0 - 0 Newcastle | Tuesday 3rd, January | KO: 19:45 BST Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_Arsenal-Newcastle.jpg

This is arguably the most difficult fixture in the league atm so we have to be at our very best. But they're essentially beatable. We're not the same team they slapped 3-0 at the backend of last season. We've taken giant strides since then. Thankfully, this fixture is at home.

Newcastle are a good team but with all due respect, were levels above them.

Their tactics have always been to suck teams in, force them to make mistakes am and then break break forward with pace. But we're a very technically secure team. I back us not to lose possession in dangerous areas tbh.

Screenshot-20230101-082637.png

Screenshot-20230101-082656.png

Screenshot-20230101-082715.png

Screenshot-20230101-082735.png

2ae4475e-bc7d-40f7-9ec4-826abe9943f4.png

Prediction

Arsenal 2-0 Newcastle

Last edited by a moderator:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

United don't need this game for a blueprint. They've played this game since the Fergie days

Indeed, they have and ETH will probably do the same since he got a result against us at OT doing that. Had the result been different tonight then I’m sure they would have had to think twice before doing so.

I mean… it’s not like that’s some crazy strategy.

Well it’s a tactic that is our kryptonite it seems. The teams we’ve dropped points to this season have all adopted a similar strategy and luckily got something from us.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I didn’t realise our next 2 games are Sp**s away where we always lose and utd 😭😭😭
Yeah I said before the game this was the worst game to drop points cause of the pressure it builds on the other two. I had NLD pegged as a nailed on L. Even if we get a point there, United at home becomes a cup final.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Man they didn't look to attack once outside of corners and free kicks. Haven't seen anything like that for a long time. We have teams scared.
this is the conclusion we all should arrive at after this game.

We are the scariest team in the league, they 1000% play for the tie, and we had plenty of chances to get a result. We didn't, it happens, we are still the strongest team in the league.

it is only positive.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Man they didn't look to attack once outside of corners and free kicks. Haven't seen anything like that for a long time. We have teams scared.
Exactly. I don't understand any of the doom and gloom. They were petrified of us and couldn't wait to waste time. Even though they looked like they could maybe get some joy on set pieces, they had zero interest in attacking for the last half hour.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Do what exactly? That’s easy to say. You’d have to bring up every example and ask if there’s a clear option or run being made.
He was in good positions between the lines in space with the ball delivered to him several times, one good chance doesnt seem a great return to me.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Right, maybe re-read what I said. He had a decent match (including that chance) BUT Zinny delivered the ball to him several times in space between the lines which is very very fkin hard to do. If you get the ball in that position in that space you should be doing more with it.

That’s the thing though - because martinelli and saka were getting tag teamed, there was space for Xhaka and Ødegaard to undercut and get in the box. Xhaka saw this and that’s why he was “receiving the balls” like you say, but for some reason Ødegaard didn’t. It’s ok, like I said it’s an acceptable result and Mikel and the boys will analyse and learn.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I think there is some credit to Newcastle. They executed their game plan and it worked. Their midfield was very hard for us to penetrate.

Our attack (without Jesus) is very young, we just lacked a little experience in the crucial moments, sometimes you get that with younger players.

Newcastle did defend very well, but we still had enough chances to win.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Lol they got their point but that was absolutely embarrassing by Newcastle. So much ****house today.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
That’s the thing though - because martinelli and saka were getting tag teamed, there was space for Xhaka and Ødegaard to undercut and get in the box. Xhaka saw this and that’s why he was “receiving the balls” like you say, but for some reason Ødegaard didn’t. It’s ok, like I said it’s an acceptable result and Mikel and the boys will analyse and learn.
Its almost as If Zinchenko was delivering the ball to him in that area which is really difficult to do and why I think Zinny was motm and not Xhaka.... Naaaaahhhhh Zinny was making simple passes that only a handful of players in the league seem able to do.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
What can you say. Newcastle defended like rabid infected devils. They were disrupting the play from very early on, best example was when we were piling on the pressure at one stage in the second half and one of their defenders suddenly fell to his knees.

Handball pen was 50/50 IMO. Not nailed on but you’ve most definitely seen them given. Gabriel pull back actually seemed a clearer pen but you rarely get those.

Obviously would have been good to bring on an attacking player to change it up. Anyway, well done the toon, fair play you can see why they have broken a 40 year clean sheet record. Can’t win ‘em all.

blaze_of_glory

We are the scariest team in the league, they 1000% play for the tie, and we had plenty of chances to get a result. We didn't, it happens, we are still the strongest team in the league.

it is only positive.
Yes. The players will be frustrated but also know that they just dominated the third place team in the league. There's no gut punch of a shock loss, should just make them hungrier.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

it is only positive.

Yes, 100%

What's also beautiful is how this team has shown themselves to put setbacks behind them, and move forward.

This team will study what happened tonight, and be fired up for the next game.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Shame Liverpool are **** now, would prefer them to get Champions League over Oil-castle United.

Man United too, tbf...not Sp**s though, **** those bellends.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Exactly. I don't understand any of the doom and gloom. They were petrified of us and couldn't wait to waste time. Even though they looked like they could maybe get some joy on set pieces, they had zero interest in attacking for the last half hour.
All that is fine but I'd have rather taken 3 points here and a draw against United. NLD is a coin toss for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not arrogant and I'm not frightened to say it.. Arsenal can go through whole season unbeaten

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom