• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What would they be worth today?

Topside

Transfer fees are like inflation, anything quality any club will be paying big money for in this current market and slightly over the odds.

This is not just Arsenal related but players of any era, generation if they were playing today and in contract and on the market what valuation if you were a club owner would you either be happy to buy or sell for?

I

Topside

Apparently Santi cost us the football inflation figure of £45,814,285 in today's fees...would certainly have a higher value.
Lucky enough to have seen some brilliant players in our shirt, Cazorla off both feet as good as I have seen, super player.

Henry today's market 150m would be a decent bid.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I'll just list what I think some of my favorites would cost:
Pre Injury R9- 300m minimum. Would easily be the most expensive transfer ever.
Henry-220m
Ronaldinho-200m
Zidane-200m
Vieira-170m

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I see some midfielders being quoted for 100m+ in this market. Even someone like Enzo Fernández moving for 106m which makes me wonder how much Xabi Alonso would be worth 🤔

Topside

Pires 100m

Ljungberg 90m

Pires was unplayable,Freddie workrate unreal out to in runs and finishing when it mattered.

That 2001/2 double season xmas time at Liverpool down to 10 GVB sent off very harshly early, what a win. Pires what he did to Gerrard, stood him up and put manners on him.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

We bought Sol Campbell for £0 back in 2001.

God, I wonder how much that would be in today's money?

Topside

Drogba be around 100m mark easy, top player in big games a real top no 9, absolute beast of a forward.

Topside

Maradona 175m add ons 200m (200m euro) just a genius, 86 Argentina total talisman, England gane I was gutted as a young man.

The second goal a thing of sheer class, people forget the Belgium semi final, two totally top class goals first outside foot, sublime.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
You look at our early 2000's title sides and the lads in their prime ages like Vieira, Cole, Campbell, Pires and Henry you'd have to be looking at 250-300m each in today's money.

Although I don't think we sold any of our superstars for what they where really worth, even back then. Granted we did really well on Anelka and Overmars, Adebayor as well later on.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
My 3 favourites...

Charlie George, £150m.

Liam Brady, £200m.

Steve Williams, £100m.
Imagine how much that crop of 80s kids would be worth (particularly before Rocky's knee injury & Thomas falling out with Gorgeous George).

Adams, Keown, Rocastle, Thomas, Davis, Merson, Campbell, Quinn, Hayes & could even throw in Stewart Robson. In current transfer fees that's well over £500m even if not selling at peak value.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Imagine how much that crop of 80s kids would be worth (particularly before Rocky's knee injury & Thomas falling out with Gorgeous George).

Adams, Keown, Rocastle, Thomas, Davis, Merson, Campbell, Quinn, Hayes & could even throw in Stewart Robson. In current transfer fees that's well over £500m even if not selling at peak value.

giphy.gif

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Top Bottom