• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

We aren’t that team anymore nor are we entertaining or trophy winning. Is Mik’s accomplishment for a king’s ransom that we are slightly less mediocre to the lows only he brought us to? For a fortune? This like a drunk hitting you with his car then bragging about driving you successfully to the Emergency room for needed medical attention his gross negligence caused

If Mikel goes and someone else comes in would you expect them to win the league after a £200M window with the current squad?

I’d expect them to come close/win it. That’s because Arteta has got us to this point.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I personally thjnk it's unfair to use Arteta's first two seasons as a stick to beat him with. He managed to get silverware in his first season along with the massive task of refreshing the club philosophy, ethos, coaching, style of play from top to bottom. THAT TAKES TIME.

It was always going to be a long term project. You're comparing him to two highly experienced managers who have endured high stakes title challenges across different leagues and know what's required. Based on the experience Arteta has had so far he's done extremely well and is COMPETING with these managers now...

HattoriHanzo

Yay let’s w.nk ourselves over a home win against a bottom half side right after we bomb out of both trophies we had the best chance to win. I will be a happy fan as far as Arsenal goes when we either win league or get a real manager or both; not this streaming reality phony
This bottom half side (Palace) drew at Etihad, against City, 5 weeks ago, 2:2. Palace was 2:0 down at 75th minute.
Doesn’t seem to bother Madrid today when they were down 2 goals. People have done the same thing against us since the Wenger days. What you are witnessing is why Mik has been so effective at conning Arsenal fans for so long. Arsenal fans want to believe Mik is a prodigy, that his project is doing well, and that Mik will make us great again. The good conman shows his mark what they want to see. This is why the first people who deny they have been conned; and who defend the conman who injured them even when the fraud is finally exposed; are the victims who are often the last to believe it
So, you hail Real for win against mighty Almeria (0 wins, 6 draws, 15 defeats this seson), last squad in La Liga, and they needed help from referee to win.
At same time you consider Arsenal’s win 2 days ago meaningless.
Where is consistency?

I actually agreed with calls. Regardless of the calls Madrid peppered them with chances look at the Xg you guys like to trumpet. Vini’s goal was a goal but it was bizarre. The pk was 50/50 could go either way. Almeria was phenomenally clinical.
I’m one person and I speak for myself, so why do you use expression you guys?

MA08

We only languished in 8th because of this conman. Do you remember Wenger ever finishing 8th? Regardless of how starved we were for money? He is the most well financed flop in Arsenal history
Where was Arsenal when Arteta took over? They were 11th when he joined Arsenal. The season before we finished 5th and then went downhill...and we were in free fall when he took over.

As for Wenger, he did not leave us at the Top did he?

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Where was Arsenal when Arteta took over? They were 11th when he joined Arsenal. The season before we finished 5th and then went downhill...and we were in free fall when he took over.

Arsenal was 10th when he joined, but only 5 points off 4th place, and finished 8th and 10 points off 4th place.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Arsenal was 10th when he joined, but only 5 points off 4th place, and finished 8th and 10 points off 4th place.

I still remember there at the time people were still talking about us having an outside chance of top 4 if we sorted things out quickly. The spell under Freddie was a low point which sucked the life out of the club but you'd swear we were near the relegation zone the way people talk about what Mik took over. The spell we had with Mik a year after in 2020 was far worse than what we saw under Emery prior to his sacking.

Even into the new year CL football wasn't completely inconceivable through the league if we didn't drop silly points. We only really solidified our mid-table status post lockdown with our heavy defeat vs City and loss to Brighton, two games which we desperately needed to points from. There was only 5 points between 5th and 9th during lockdown, it's not like we were cut adrift in 8th spot and had no chance to do anything.

Serious amount of revisionism over where we were when Mik first took the job. The only thing you can say is that it was his first job so maybe you can excuse some of his failures initially.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

What's even crazier is going into lockdown Chelsea had lost 9 games and Untied had lost 8, we had only lost 6 games at the time which isn't anywhere near as bad as you'd have thought. Just a lot of silly draws, I'm thinking that run where we drew vs Sheffield, Burnley and Palace where we could've kept ourselves in contention.

Actually I've worked it out we dropped 30 points under Emery/Freddie prior to Arteta and 27 points under his management to finish the season. None of this means anything but I'm bored so....

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Are we the only team that faces a deep block? Didn't we see teams sitting deeper against last season? Didn't United park the bus against at Emirates in that thrilling 3-2 match? This is not directed at you, but I don't buy the whole “teams sit deep so we can't create chances” talk.
Of course we aren't. The main difference is that teams didn't sit deep against us the first half of last season when we were flying. Its to not excuse the team or management, merely explain part of the change. We have a team that excelled as a transition team but became super vulnerable on the counter against deeper opposition. Arteta has tried to address this by pursuing more control and solidity, but has skewed the balance slighty too far the other way. And our most of best players aren't really tight space wizards like City with their penalty box behemoth up top.

Pep has made the same mistake in the past, but has been helped by having super elite talents in key areas. Partey's absence has slowed our early transition play, and tactically we've given less licence to go full Klopp style red arrows AND at the same time more teams have shown us more respect tactically. As the weekend showed, if we get a 2 goal lead and teams come on to us, we still have the potential to kill them in transition, but we aren't leaning into that enough early enough.

Speaking of Klopp - his team is all about transitions - they don't prioritise control because they want to suck you on, win it back quickly and catch you in transition - so their play is careless at times, but their pace and forward depth always give them a chance. It does leave them more open, but this year so far they have been very fortunate with the wastefulness of other teams - according to xG they have conceded almost 8 goals less than they should - this is of course helped by their world class keeper, but also, they have just been a bit lucky (only Utd and Luton more so). Also Liverpool are interesting because they shoot from EVERYWHERE, but have just enough long range shooters to make this a viable option.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
So the issue is not just the worse finishing of the front 5 but also the decline in final ball decision making and execution. Whether this due to differing instructions, differing opposition tactics or decline in player performance, and to what proportion in each area is the big question.
EXACTLY this. It's the decision making in the final 3rd. Sometimes Jesus shoots when the angle is too tight or someone is in a better position. Martinelli shoots "off balance" and blasts it over. Ødegaard blasting wide, Saka mis-hitting or under-powering his shot. I've seen it lots this season whereas last season we were clinical in attack.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
If Mikel goes and someone else comes in would you expect them to win the league after a £200M window with the current squad?

I’d expect them to come close/win it. That’s because Arteta has got us to this point.
No, why if Mik doesn’t win a trophy i would like him fired end of year. He won’t be fired but should be. He is a terrible football coach gravy training Arsenal and Stan’s money

Farzad Stoned

When Mik took over we were terrible for a couole of months under Emery. If Arsenal was such cr.p and had no talent and Mik constructed Arsenal, why were we in a European final with Emery finishing 1 point off Cl? How come he won his only trophy with Wenger’s players. You don’t even know history of club. If Wenger doesn’t suffer money shortages for a decade while getting Cl every year Mik has no matchday revenues and stadium to keep making 100 million buys. So yes Mik’s greatest success comes with Wengers players . And Mik can spend today because Arsène spent nothing for a decade while getting us Cl group stage every time.

Arteta is reason we aren’t a serious threat to Klopp or City and he is gravy training Stan’s money and the matchday revenues Wenger sacrificed for. He is so obviously incompetent one day he will become the joke he deserves to be

Farzad Stoned

This bottom half side (Palace) drew at Etihad, against City, 5 weeks ago, 2:2. Palace was 2:0 down at 75th minute.

So, you hail Real for win against mighty Almeria (0 wins, 6 draws, 15 defeats this seson), last squad in La Liga, and they needed help from referee to win.
At same time you consider Arsenal’s win 2 days ago meaningless.
Where is consistency?

I’m one person and I speak for myself, so why do you use expression you guys?
Ok, look Mik is a bad coach. No one who understands football and isn’t a complete arrogant neophyte would 4 years into a job make the Havertz buy. Mik ignored 100 percent of data and now we can’t spend in january and have to sell a better player ESR to fund purchases. Mik put us in a financial bind to buy a player everyone in football knew was expensive sh.t. Because his ego said he is smarter than the data and experts.

Real Madrid has lost one match since September, how long did it take Carlo to rebuild from Benzema, Kroos, Modric? I am being consistent.

Let me put it this way; Mik is by a large margin the stupidest manager i have ever had enough information to rate. No one but a blithering ***** chooses and he chose to start Holding at Etihad and Anfield in a title run. And he choses Holding, he had other options but he kept Holding and started the season with zero defensive bench. He cost us a league title singlehandedly, then rewarded us with Kai who Fs our entire attack

Farzad Stoned

I picture @Farzad calling every manager in the world pretending to be Edu, pleading with all of them to just come to the Emirates in the hopes it somehow results in Arteta getting replaced.
No joke Mik is stupidest coach in any sport i have enough info on to rate. Do you read some of the off the wall gibberish he says to the media to justify how he made us worse for 250 million

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom