• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Pure Profit Targets for Thinnest Squad FC: January 2024

Which position would you prioritise in January?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonger

And even then managers say a lot of stuff and excuses to protect their own interests. No need to read a lot into it.

What is most important is the main theme from Arteta this month is that he is not goimg to just buy player for sake of it and he will work with what he has now. So we will hopefully be well set up for 1-2 top quality signings next summer.

We are doing well. Manage through difficult injuries. Are chasing the top team. Creating and deny chances at good rate.

Can't win. Half the forum are saying don't give him more money, he's squandered what he has spent, he's a chequebook manager, make do with what you have etc.

Now half the forum are saying the squad is weak, can't believe they wont spend etc.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Is it possible that Arteta was referring to the squad in its "current state" - we're quite short at the back w/o Timber and Tomi.
Timber is injured and he decided to send Tierney on loan. So he thought he had enough end of last window. He must have assumed he would not have another player missing a minute and the Tomi going to the Asia cup most have come as huge su. I mean who knew that competition was gonna be played in January?

He chose to renew el neny and Nelson and rarely uses them. He refused to use any young player even in meaningless games. Truth is he will always hide behind thin squad cause he sucks at fully utilising his squad

HattoriHanzo

I remember him doing a full season and some change at Spezia might be wrong though. He defo however successfully kept them in the league when they had no business in Serie A, now he's gone and they're about to get relegated from Serie B.

Bologna have a **** squad and they're couple points behind 4th. Arteta had 800m and is at 1.92ppg with us if you want to argue using yank stats, removing that first half season last year which is looking more and more like a fluke and his average isn't far off Mottas.

I'd not just pick Motta to replace Arteta, I'd pay Barcelona to cover the latters wages and send him there immediately. Would normally give him the rest of the season but after his recent comments he can **** off right now.
I watched their match against AC Milan at San Siro 3 days ago and they look really good.
This Zirkzee guy is really good, he carries them.

HattoriHanzo

Timber is injured and he decided to send Tierney on loan. So he thought he had enough end of last window. He must have assumed he would not have another player missing a minute and the Tomi going to the Asia cup most have come as huge su. I mean who knew that competition was gonna be played in January?

He chose to renew el neny and Nelson and rarely uses them. He refused to use any young player even in meaningless games. Truth is he will always hide behind thin squad cause he sucks at fully utilising his squad
I attacked Arteta about that since August.
But Tierney is Tierney, injured again.
He already lost 2 months this season, due to hamstring.
And he was injured again 10 days ago.
So, he wouldn't help a lot.

Can't win. Half the forum are saying don't give him more money, he's squandered what he has spent, he's a chequebook manager, make do with what you have etc.

Now half the forum are saying the squad is weak, can't believe they wont spend etc.

Yeah its hard to understand why people are not more supportive and positive when we are in title challenge for second year in row and performing well according to most metrics.

I guess people just dont like Arteta or thry invested so much in he was bad after first two seasons and cant back out now on it and its just echoinf through the forum.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I attacked Arteta about that since August.
But Tierney is Tierney, injured again.
He already lost 2 months this season, due to hamstring.
And he was injured again 10 days ago.
So, he wouldn't help a lot.
But he was our player and if you send him away, then who replaced him? He still made 13 appearance for his team and the alternative who was nobody made none for us. Still left us short. He is paying for his poor usage of funds. 170 million for rice and Havertz and we have gone backwards

HattoriHanzo

But he was our player and if you send him away, then who replaced him? He still made 13 appearance for his team and the alternative who was nobody made none for us. Still left us short. He is paying for his poor usage of funds. 170 million for rice and Havertz and we have gone backwards
I agree with you and I think that this was stupid thing to send him to San Sebastian knowing that Timber is lost 7-8 months.

But who knows how many matches Tierney would play in Arsenal this season, had he stayed?
And would he be fit?

Money used for Havertz could have been used in January for defender.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I'm not sure tets can moan about the squad too much. However I will say that it's all relative. We are still a few quality players away from Man City & Liverpool depth wise. You could make a case for Chelsea having a better squad
Don’t we have the 2nd fewest missed games due to injuries amongst the top 8 and less than the average of the whole league?
We are doing better than most sure but I read a table the other day that still put us
worse off than Man City & similar to Liverpool.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

I'm not sure tets can moan about the squad too much. However I will say that it's all relative. We are still a few quality players away from Man City & Liverpool depth wise. You could make a case for Chelsea having a better squad

We are doing better than most sure but I read a table the other day that still put us
worse off than Man City & similar to Liverpool.

He shouldn't but, as he's a man devoid of any honour or common decency, he will.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
I agree with you and I think that this was stupid thing to send him to San Sebastian knowing that Timber is lost 7-8 months.

But who knows how many matches Tierney would play in Arsenal this season, had he stayed?
And would he be fit?

Money used for Havertz could have been used in January for defender.

Could have also been used for UN efforts or a new BBQ pit for Edu.

Sulosky

Hey Mikel!

gollum-leave-now.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom