• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Champions League Round of 16: FC Porto 1 - 0 Arsenal | Wednesday 21st February | KO: 20:00 GMT | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

8cb3f4fd0930bb567ecd054213d05ccc.png

Screenshot-20240217-225720.png

lineup-1.png

Screenshot-20240217-230431.png

Prediction

Porto 0-2 Arsenal

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Ok first half. Should be 1 down. I take the draw and try to beat them at home. You can see our clear weakness as a team. Fullbacks are average and Martinelli is not good enough

They didnt deserve to score anything, even that moment of luck where they ball missed the goals.

They are doing nothing here but sitting tight in their midblock and waiting for mistakes. That and going long for aerial duels and second balls is basically their gameplan .

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

First half went as I expected, we seem pretty content just to control the ball and take the crowd out, I would have liked us to be a bit more adventurous but that's okay, it's a two-leg tie and we don't need to win it in the first half.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

looking like a side who's not used to this stage, these types of opponents, how games are officiated in Europe.

That said Porto have absolutely nothing and their entire game plan is based on keeping us out so we'll go through easily.
But @A_G told me that Arteta started the season slow on purpose so we could win this 5-0?

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
@db10_therza come and back your boy!

lol he’s not a had a good game but we’re also not even trying to find him with the early ball. It seems tactical - Arteta really doesn’t want to concede here I feel.

We did it once and he put a great cross in that predictably no one bothered to attack.

Trossard and Saliba have been the worst players, closely followed by Havertz and Martinelli

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

They didnt deserve to score anything, even that moment of luck where they ball missed the goals.

They are doing nothing here but sitting tight in their midblock and waiting for mistakes. That and going long for aerial duels is basically it.
We are doing even less.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Was hoping we’d just come in and blow them away but I guess that was wishful thinking.

Even if they’re weaker than us on paper they’re still big fishes in Portugal. They have the experience and confidence, no rolling over like West Ham or Burnley.

We are afraid sort off or its tactics.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
As expected, a Fulham like opponent and a physical game.

Porto arent interested in anything but second balls and misplaced passes. They hold their central block well and force us wide where they can safely swarm on us.

We need to be sharper in possession and need something more behind their tight block in the middle. Ødegaard is finding space there, and we need to make those moments count more.

We must score first here, and that will force them to open up and take risks.
Looks like they are pressing hard when they are in their shape. I do expect them to tire and some gaps to open up as a result.

We just need to move the ball a bit quicker and not do anything silly

Vibra

Established Member
Jorginho needs to come on asap, Havertz' runs aren't much good if we can't play it out from the back, I'd take off him or Trossard/Martinelli who've been mostly useless

We could really do with having Jesus in there tonight, can't have just two players out there capable of a one two under a bit of pressure

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
If we lose this game, I wouldn't put it past us to go out at the Emirates. We get desperate when chasing a lead and leave massive gaps in behind. Exactly what Porto are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 3

Marco Silva is pushing the Fulham board to spend as Arsenal prepare to listen to offers for Emile Smith Rowe, among other fringe players [Evening Standard]

New Fenerbache manager Jose Mourinho is determined to stop Arsenal from signing LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [TBR Football]

Mikayil Faye ‘has in his mind’ to leave Barcelona this summer. Liverpool, Manchester United, Inter Milan & Bayern Munich are all showing a lot of interest in the player, however, Arsenal have ‘burst strongly’ onto the case in recent hours [Mundo Deportivo]

Latest posts

Top Bottom