• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Champions League Round of 16: FC Porto 1 - 0 Arsenal | Wednesday 21st February | KO: 20:00 GMT | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

8cb3f4fd0930bb567ecd054213d05ccc.png

Screenshot-20240217-225720.png

lineup-1.png

Screenshot-20240217-230431.png

Prediction

Porto 0-2 Arsenal

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
We are not highest in chance creation from open play we are 4th or 5th and you know that so i won’t belabor the point. We are flattered by a ton of set piece goals.

How is Havertz destroying the build up? Ok. Ode has two dozen through balls in the same position on the same team. Havertz has zero. Ode averages about 40 to 50 percent more touches as well.

Here is the funny thing. The outfield position that Havertz is least suited to is attacking midfield. As woeful as he is at finishing he is even worse at passing. And Mik played that position.

Yeah great we score 6 and 5 against luton or Burnley. A decent side on their day, executes a very simple gameplan of doubling Saka and playing a low block; and Mik has no answers. His answer is the worst one possible. Hoof crosses and try to get it to Saka earlier. That isn’t a plan but a hope

He is a vey limited manager who is screaming i am out of my depth. The reason we do poorly in head to head ties is elite managers get a chance to gameplan us and time. Meanwhile Mik is telling the players to have more moments with their families to improve finishing. Wtf do the two have to do with each other?

Bro, you spend a huuuuuge amount of CPU time with detailed rants on one of the best backed managers by a club in the league. It could be a long few years for your mental health, unless you find this outpouring therapeutic which is also a possibility I guess :)

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
I love Saka but he was garbage today. Couldn’t trap a bag of cement. Martinelli received a misplaced pass from their CB and had he played it first time Havertz would’ve been through but he took like 8 touches. Havertz too, but he played it too close to their defender when it was 3 on 3. Having zero shots on target doesn’t tell the story.

Ødegaard and Rice were the only players who turned up. Havertz was ok, but the rest were miles off it.

Trossard volleyed over the bar when he was unmarked from 8 yards out and I lost count of how many long diagonals we put straight into touch.

If you check my history I’ve called Arteta out on many occasions for his decisions but this wasn’t on him.

I agreed think our players looked very arrogant on the pitch to from the first minutes instead of playing into their qualities. Hopefully we can still find a way to go through but its not gonna be easy at all we all know how hard it is to break down low blocks.

And just a few weeks back we beated Liverpool in a very convincing way this kind of performance cant just disappear.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
We didn’t play that well.

But I had long forgotten the play acting aspect of European football which, combined with that referee made for a nasty shock. It was absolute bedlam at the corners in particular, in terms of defensive mischief they had the equivalent of 5 Ben Whites in the box.

It was like bumping into an unpleasant old schoolmate.

SupersoakerArsene

No one told me they had a Mourinho regen..... Man it could be long at the Emirates.
He actually did great with his bang average team.
A 40 year old Pepe still going strong.

His son, Conceicao on the right, had 1 job: go to the ground as much as possible, since he weights 10 kilogram ffs.
Besides that: why did Havertz even get a yellow card? Because Pepe from 1.50m walked against his arm? Lol.

Cant stand Raya anymore. Gets 3 shots on goal, one on the post, one he saves & one he goes underneath. Little Spanish dwarf ffs.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Na we didn’t. We slowed down our attacks and didn’t commit bodies to potential situations similar to what we were doing towards the start of the season. It was the suffocate and smother tactics, not the hell for leather tactics we’ve seen more recently.

I don’t mind that we have these different strings to our bow and it’s credit to Arteta that he’s worked on instilling these different styles into the team. But the application is wrong. I just feel like we should switch them up in game. Hell for leather to start, get a goal then control and suffocate.
I think we put like 4-5 men forward the problem was there absolutely zero movement. Porto done absolutely nothing to win the game they were playing for draw too but we should give credit to them they manage to stop our attack

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
I think we put like 4-5 men forward the problem was there absolutely zero movement. Porto done absolutely nothing to win the game they were playing for draw too but we should give credit to them they manage to stop our attack

I still think our attitude was not good enough to win the game to.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Really hard to see how we go deep in this competition even if we win the return leg.

Think we need some next level jam with the draws.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I still think our attitude was not good enough to win the game to.
If their attitude was issue in thier first ever knockout CL game then we have big problem. I don't think that the reason we just played badly and most of our players had off day and you can't have off day in CL

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

It's not our players attitude. We were collectively poor today. Why? We were out tactic by Sergio Conceicao, simple as. It happens.

We literally fell into the same trap by Ruben Amorim 2 years ago and we still don't learn. 2nd leg we better be prepared to play a different way

Shamrockian_gooner

Well that was a crock of rather nasty brown stuff wasn't it? They brought back the team that actually never went to Dubai tonight and left the New Years team at home. A parallel team as it were. Just a sluggish poor performance with poor individual displays. Havertz, I'm afraid is pants. His control and distribution is terrible. How often did he misplace a pass or lose the ball? Saka was poor, never got into the game at all. Our set pieces, we tried one variation on the corners, and that was it, awful. Raya should probably have saved the goal shot. Overall, let's forget it, get concentrating on Newcastle quickly because with City and Liverpool winning, we're under pressure again. But four of our next five games are at home, and there's always a game coming up to erase a poor performance. We should, if we put the after burners on, beat this lot at home. One last thing, I thought the pitch was very slick, bouncy, difficult for our game, did anyone notice? I know Wenger would have definitely mentioned it.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Porto had the only chances of the game. We did **** all ourselves some flaccid possession and zero shots on target.

Our squad cost like 10x as much as theirs, of course they're not going to try go toe to toe with us. We deserved **** all from this

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Porto had the only chances of the game. We did **** all ourselves some flaccid possession and zero shots on target.

Our squad cost like 10x as much as theirs, of course they're not going to try go toe to toe with us. We deserved **** all from this
That true most of our players looked not themselves there can't even control the ball. Our fans were confident before the game I was afraid that inexperience will cost us and that what happened

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
So much Raya criticism when it was only last season that Ramsdale got caught off his line beat by a ball from the halfway line against Sporting.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
First time in ages that I was properly excited for a CL knockout match. Ignored my wife the entire evening, she went to bed early.

Now I have to make it up to her and Arsenal lost to a crap team. Thanks a lot ****s.
In the heat of so many posts, this one didn't get the required attention.

Hope you woke up happier this morning :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Anyway not end of world here only one goal down and no away goals rule just try be better in 2nd leg with right attitude right approach and of course not get frustrated by thier dark arts Knockout is like this and Arteta have to try not to play similar what he do in league it's totally different

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom