• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Raya: Throw Your Hands In The Air If Yous A True Raya

Malky

Established Member
I still can't believe Ramsdale said that in front of cameras ffs. Like a guy at work saying in passing that he shoots up for relaxation
I honestly don't know what was worse from Ramsdale, that one or the one he did with Stones where he admitted he didn't like the pressure of the title challenge last season, while Stones is saying how he relishes it as it forces you to up your game, give 100% all the time, etc.
It was embarrasing from Ramsdale, came across as a proper loser.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I honestly don't know what was worse from Ramsdale, that one or the one he did with Stones where he admitted he didn't like the pressure of the title challenge last season, while Stones is saying how he relishes it as it forces you to up your game, give 100% all the time, etc.
It was embarrasing from Ramsdale, came across as a proper loser.
Consider that Ramsdale celebrated the Havertz goal and cupped his ears like he'd done something after nearly giving the game away more than Raya celebrated his performance yesterday.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Brilliant penalty stopper.

Still not convinced by Raya though, he lets in far too many soft goals (disaster shows against Luton and Fulham, soft goal against West Ham etc just off the top my head but made many more).

Reactions: BBF

Farzad

Stormy's Lifetime Fan and Subscriber #1 🫶🏽

Player:Havertz
Carragher is like 185cm tall, so here you can see how unnaturally big Raya's hands are. Raya is like 183cm tall.

It's no wonder that Raya is so good at claiming crosses. His hands are like basketball player's hands. Those fingers give him more reach also.

Of course Carragher might have very small hands for his size, but so might a tall goalkeeper.

These things are often missed when only looking at goalkeeper height. Same as jumping power. Or how being smaller can give other advantages.

I think these are big reasons why there have been goalkeeper greats who have been Raya's size. While of course mental matters are one of the most important qualities.
I love it bro this passes your shadow analysis to determines Kai’s true height. But big hands are a big plus for keepers.

GeorgeGrahamPR

Player:Saka
To win trophies you need a better gk raya has proven himself already some of our fans should give him credit and stop the ramsdale talk

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Okonkwo needs extending too tbf. Contract is up at the end of the season. We're also letting a few other goalies go. Hillson likely leaving, as is Noah Cooper (rather surprisingly. I liked Cooper, very calm and a good passer but my guess is the club is all in on Khari Ranson and Jack Porter). The academy is overloaded with goalkeepers at the moment, it's arguably our strongest (or at least our most populated) position. Last ones left are Ejeheri and Grazcyk and I'm not sure what's happened to the latter so think Ejeheri will end up being the last one standing. Fitting, as he's the one with the highest ceiling IMO.
Thoughts on Alexi Rojas?

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Ally McCoist...a British pundit of course, fancy foreigner keeper couldn't possibly be better than an English one at penalties 🙄
Tbf, McCoist is usually pretty decent about Arsenal, but last night he sounded like he'd been on the piss all day...came out with all kinds of mad stuff

Farzad

Stormy's Lifetime Fan and Subscriber #1 🫶🏽

Player:Havertz
Tbf, McCoist is usually pretty decent about Arsenal, but last night he sounded like he'd been on the piss all day...came out with all kinds of mad stuff
How freaking old was that guy he was voice of Fifa video game when i was a freshman in college? Feck me these old broadcasters really can’t let go of the limelight. It is easiest and best gig in football. Fame, money and absolutely zero responsibility for winning anything

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Thoughts on Alexi Rojas?
Think he's a decent prospect, seems to have a good attitude aswell. He was usurped by Noah Cooper for most of last season though and Cooper is being released now. Think he's a good shot stopper but probably isn't as good with his feet as Ranson for example. Still time to show what he's capable of though, and given Cooper is being released, he'll probably be the main U23 keeper next season depending on loans and departures.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Say Ramsdale leaves this Summer - who backs up Raya next season for you guys?
Hein and Okonkwo seem about level. Okonkwo may be slightly ahead given he's now playing regularly. Ejeheri hot a lot of hype from his loan club and seemed to come out of nowhere. There are also rumours around Patrick Shulte of Columbus Crew so my guess his him-for a season.

BBF

I've internally (and externally) called this man a dwarf in a derogatory way but respect where it's due. His reactions, and commanding of the box have been elite. If we're being honest, they were also elite at Brentford.

I do think back to what mad Jens said about height. But for now, he's doing the business. More to come - hopefully.

Sungod

Raya just got substituted at half time for spain..Hoping it's not an injury.
Just read that they wanted to use today’s friendly as an opportunity to give a debut to Remiro (the keeper who was subbed on) and it wasn’t injury related or anything. Hopefully that’s true!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Why was David Raya pre-nose break Santino Marella...

skysports-raya-southport_6076281.jpg

Santino_Marella_bio.jpg

...we needs answers here @A_G 😅

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I think his first half issues were down to his studs because they didn't occur again in the 2nd half and I could notice that he actively changed his kicking gait slightly to maintain balance in the 2nd half. He's been really good for a couple of months now. He's also excellent on high balls in the area in spite of his short frame. Whereas you'd routinely see Ramsdale bullied on corners he never really is. More importantly than anything, particularly against teams that can press like City, he inspires calm in his teammates and doesn't compound the opposition press with unsettling the rest of the back line. He just may prove to be a very good number 1 for a team that wins things.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 2

Fulham have made Emile Smith Rowe a priority this summer and are ready to bid for him [Mike McGrath - The Telegraph]

Arsenal have scouted Las Palmas goalkeeper Alvaro Valles as they prepare to part company with Aaron Ramsdale [Ryan Taylor - The Mirror]

Arsenal have set a deadline of two weeks to complete the signing of Benjamin Šeško [Sky Germany]

Napoli striker Victor Osimhen is expecting an offer from Arsenal [Gazzetta]

Latest posts

Top Bottom