• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw Champions League Quarter Finals 1st Leg: Arsenal 2 - 2 Bayern Munich | Tuesday 9th April | KO: 20:00 BST | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_arsenal.jpg

Screenshot-20240407-212037-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240407-211957-Chrome.jpg

Prediction

Arsenal 2-0 Bayern

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
I think they have a set of elite forwards of the level that we haven’t faced this season yet. Liverpool and city’s attack is a level or two below. Kane Gnabry and Sane are all extremely clinical, I was amazed by how sharp their passing was, they just need one error and they capitalize on it straight away.

HattoriHanzo

You know this is nonsense.

Bayern have been pathetic by their standards all season, have you actually watched them in the Bundesliga? They are not even in a title race this year.

You want to compare them to Liverpool, and say they are better. That’s great. But don’t lie to us by saying this team is better than Liverpool this season. An actual title challenging Liverpool.
I have watched them in Bundesliga. They don't care about Bundesliga title since they lost match to Leverkusen 2 months ago. Before that match they had more-less same number of points as usual.
Leverkusen has their best season ever, that's the difference.

But Bayern care more about CL, since this is their only chance of trophy this year.

Regarding comparison to Liverpool, I already said my opinion.
I think they are slight favourites against us at their ground.
You don't share may opinion, that's ok.

elemoo

It doesn’t matter who was in that opening goal situation @elemoo, when you put pressure and mistakes are made, goals are scored. Both goals for Bayern were as a result of putting pressure, being direct and our mistakes.

Do you remember how Brentford scored at the Emirates? Yes that’s right, they put pressure on our defense.

Why am I not as convinced we will make the same mistakes again? Well because we have shown that we are in great form. And before you throw in your ifs and buts, consider the performances against the best in the PL (Liverpool) and best in Europe (City).

Anything can happen on the night. But please don’t speak as though you have facts, when you are just throwing hypotheticals.

Firstly please don't insinuate that I stated things as facts when I clearly stated as opinion based on how I saw the first match. We can disagree on the topic without being disingenuous towards a fellow fan and poster.

Secondly, I agree that mistakes were made due to Bayern pressure and stated that in a previous post. I am suggesting that away from home and at a more hostile ground, mistakes are likely to be made due to their attacking pressure seeing as Bayern have to take the game to us.

The only difference it seems, is that you believe we will bring our PL form into the CL, I however have not seen any evidence vs Porto or Bayern that we will and imo evidence suggests that we have not been able to. Yes anything can happen on the night - I was simply giving my opinion based on what I have seen thus far.

Tom Mix

I'd say we are 60/40 to Bayern at the moment, We were, rightly, favourites for the home game and the tie but no longer. Partly on the result, partly on the performance.

I do think though that it will suit us to be the underdogs. It takes some pressure off and it also puts pressure on Bayern to win, especially in front of their fans.

I still think we can win it because all that we saw from Bayern is that they will punish you if you make big mistakes. At no point did I feel they were close to overwhelming us or being the better team. If we improve our performance and keep our concentration we have a chance. It may even go to penalties.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
Tel
Coman
Gnabry
Kane
Musiala
Sane

That attacking option is better than ours, I thought we'd win the midfield battle but Goretzka had his best away game in a Bayern shirt in years and Laimer who was shocking lately in the bundesliga stifled us.

They still got Pavlovic who is better than both returning from fitness.

The balance is 55/45 to Bayern.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Our fans do make me laugh, can't lie...

...I have seen Suarez celebrate v Liverpool, Welbeck against Man United, Gudjohnsen v Chelsea, etc...relax lads, he only spent like a year in our first team ffs 😅

Unless you are an out and our legend, I don't mind a bit of a cele...players can still like clubs but still enjoy the scoring moment.

Gooner505

Pretty sure the ref wasn’t going to give Saka the pen in any case because he knew he let Gabriel off the hook for the handball.

Reactions: A_G

outlawz

Not batter them, but be able to compete with them on the day.

I dont think anyone underestimates Bayern and their pedigree, we all know that they are great historical side in the Champions League and they deserve respect. And you can be sure that the mood in the camp is exactly that, respect for a great side. It doesnt matter what supporters think in this regard.

We are talking about this contest next week, and where the teams are. The only difference really is the occasion and the experience in these occasions. We saw in our last game, how the players made uncharacteristic mistakes, so that is a problem yes. But, if we are able to compose ourselves and deliver the level of performances we've seen in the Premier League, then we are in with a good chance.

How do you know they are uncharacteristic mistakes if our players have never been tested at this level or at this stage of the competition?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
How do you know they are uncharacteristic mistakes if our players have never been tested at this level or at this stage of the competition?

Because Im basing it on what I've seen from them this season, particularly 2024.

We've faced elite opposition in Liverpool and City, and defensively we rose to the occasion, hence my belief that the performances were uncharacteristic.

outlawz

Because Im basing it on what I've seen from them this season, particularly 2024.

We've faced elite opposition in Liverpool and City, and defensively we rose to the occasion, hence my belief that the performances were uncharacteristic.

But that's a different competition and we've played Liverpool and City each 5/6 times in the last two seasons, whilst this is the first ever game against Munchen and first time ever in a CL quarter, so it's not quite the same, is it?

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Just realized that I'm gonna be on a long flight during the return, they better have wifi or I'm going to be a nervous wreck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom