• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

TriniGunner

Nothing wrong with the tactics today from Arteta. We had 18 shots and they weren't converted. We MUST be ruthless at this stage of the season as Man City will not let up. We must convert our chances as we have been recently from here onwards. View attachment 23481
Exactly. Too many people are trying to analyze our loss today to death. Our defeat today was as simple as us not taking our chances in the first half and a squad looking really tired in the 2nd. Villa were winning all the 2nd balls and duels which as we all know wasn't happening a lot this season. The players looked like they were just waiting for something special after 70 mins and it never came. These are the games that Wenger always said that you just have to rely on the quality of certain players to get you over the line and lift the team and that is where players like Henry, Bergkamp and Sánchez would just decide to come up with some brilliance. I don't care what anyone says about the how much football has changed. Every top class team needs a player or players who can lift them out of a tough game with a magical moment. Unfortunately, we don't have many or any players like that in the team. It's sequential the way we attack and sometimes as a coach, you just need to trust the players.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
You actually dont know what you are talking about, because you cant even answer my question on removing Arteta and whether that's the answer.

Here's what you should do, go and do something to take your mind of football. When you come back in a few days, you'll see a clearer picture.
I am available; if Mik listened to me we would already be champions of England. I told him not to play Holding, not to play zinny, i told him not to buy Kai and buy Kudus. Farzad has that 1000 yard stare; i see beyond like a Marine who has been in some bad bush. Old Farzad would direct this comment to certain typing monkey in momma’s basement. But i am working on myself

• Funny
Reactions: Kav

glitchform

I am available; if Mik listened to me we would already be champions of England. I told him not to play Holding, not to play zinny, i told him not to buy Kai and buy Kudus. Farzad has that 1000 yard stare; i see beyond like a Marine who has been in some bad bush. Old Farzad would direct this comment to certain typing monkey in momma’s basement. But i am working on myself

don't be a pahlavite bro, kai's bumb boy got drones stuck up their arse by the mullahs and he was crying and crying before the match. He couldn't surrender to sodomy! That's what happens when you don't get the mullahs integrated into the Arsenal empire.

Farzad Stoned

don't be a pahlavite bro, kai's bumb boy got drones stuck up their arse by the mullahs and he was crying and crying before the match. He couldn't surrender to sodomy! That's what happens when you don't get the mullahs integrated into the Arsenal empire.
Who would support that weak arse family all Persian expats twerk to. Arteta would have made a great Ayatollah, football tactics and rating players is not his thing. Zinny and Kai prove Mik is just bad at rating players. Like Willian and Holding before them

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

I see the hyenas were out in full force after this defeat yesterday.

I fear for some of you in your personal lives if you fall off the wagon like this after one loss with 6 games to go. Where’s the composure?

Yes it was a horrible loss, but it isn’t done. 18 points to play for.

Maximum each team can finish on -

City - 91
Arsenal - 89
Liverpool - 89

None of these teams are winning 6/6. I believe the title gets won at 87 points. So we need 5 wins and a draw MINIMUM.

LookingForEric

Who would support that weak arse family all Persian expats twerk to. Arteta would have made a great Ayatollah, football tactics and rating players is not his thing. Zinny and Kai prove Mik is just bad at rating players. Like Willian and Holding before them

Come on dude you’ve left your cave for the first time in 2024 and you’re acting like this? Have a little bit of self respect. You can’t be a real person with this lack of emotional intelligence.

Farzad Stoned

Come on dude you’ve left your cave for the first time in 2024 and you’re acting like this? Have a little bit of self respect. You can’t be a real person with this lack of emotional intelligence.
There is no such thing as emotional intelligence; it’s an oxymoron; didn’t we have this discussion? Why does your generation have the memory of goldfish

LookingForEric

There is no such thing as emotional intelligence; it’s an oxymoron; didn’t we have this discussion? Why does your generation have the memory of goldfish

Social awareness, emotional intelligence. These are indeed real things.

You walk into a room full of homeless people, you start spouting off about how much money you made last month, this is what you call a lack of self awareness and emotional intelligence. Because if you were emotionally intelligent in any way you wouldn’t do such a thing.

You come in here after disappearing for 4 months during Arsenal’s excellent run, with SIX games remaining, and start saying Arteta out again?

Complete lack of everything tbh.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
I see the hyenas were out in full force after this defeat yesterday.

I fear for some of you in your personal lives if you fall off the wagon like this after one loss with 6 games to go. Where’s the composure?

Yes it was a horrible loss, but it isn’t done. 18 points to play for.

Maximum each team can finish on -

City - 91
Arsenal - 89
Liverpool - 89

None of these teams are winning 6/6. I believe the title gets won at 87 points. So we need 5 wins and a draw MINIMUM.
I'm struggling to find 2 games in which city drop points. My only hope is they drop in 1 game and we are just perfect from here on which will end up in city - 88 or 89 and us - 89 which should be enough. I don't see them overtaking our GD in this scenario.

Feel Liverpool are gonna end up around 84-86 max and not as big a threat.

LookingForEric

I'm struggling to find 2 games in which city drop points. My only hope is they drop in 1 game and we are just perfect from here on which will end up in city - 88 or 89 and us - 89 which should be enough. I don't see them overtaking our GD in this scenario.

Feel Liverpool are gonna end up around 84-86 max and not as big a threat.

Brighton and Sp**s away. With the FA cup, CL games etc etc they will drop points somewhere. Just depends if that’s a loss or a draw.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Brighton and Sp**s away. With the FA cup, CL games etc etc they will drop points somewhere. Just depends if that’s a loss or a draw.
Have you seen Brighton lately? They were pathetic against even Burnley. I know they have a great home record but like how steamrolled past them, I expect city to do the same as well

Sp**s usually trouble city, yes but that's when they park and counter (which they did with conte and poch vs city). I don't expect Ange to do the same with his only plan being high line. He just doesn't adapt.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I tend to agree with Boon. I'm quietly confident that City will slip once, between Brighton, Fulham and Sp*rs away I think there could be a draw somewhere. Not a loss though.

That means we have to be perfect. It's possible.

I'm pinning my hopes on a bounce back performance at the Allianz to galvanise us, we do not have to go through so long as we play well, but if we did go through I think the boost to our confidence would be massive.

Then a convincing win at Wolves and I'd be confident that the ship has steadied.

Big week for sure.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I tend to agree with Boon. I'm quietly confident that City will slip once, between Brighton, Fulham and Sp*rs away I think there could be a draw somewhere. Not a loss though.

That means we have to be perfect. It's possible.

I'm pinning my hopes on a bounce back performance at the Allianz to galvanise us, we do not have to go through so long as we play well, but if we did go through I think the boost to our confidence would be massive.

Then a convincing win at Wolves and I'd be confident that the ship has steadied.

Big week for sure.

Yeah it's not over yet, it's definitely not the City of last season or before.

I don't want to hear about 115 charges when Liverpool are in the same spot.

Bradpiff

We're on track for 84 points for the second season in a row. Wenger beat those numbers twice in 22 years and Ferguson 9 times in 27 years. You can say the league is easier, but Manchester City is just freakish. That team is exceptionally well run, well managed, and has an unfair advantage on the money front. They can pay the biggest wages, take chances on big money young players, cultivate huge commercial revenue, build the best facilities, own several satellite clubs, and scout the biggest talents.

Those advantages have cultivated in a significant squad advantage over everyone else. Their rotation players include Julian Alvarez, Jack Grealish, Mateo Kovacic, Rico Lewis. Those players are half a tier, minimum, above our equivalent rotation options. Rodri, Walker, Stones, Ruben Dias, De Bruyne, Bernardo Silva, Foden, and Haaland would all be starting options at Bayern/Barcelona/Real Madrid/PSG. And they hired the best manager in the world.

It'l take time to build a squad capable of competing with them. Two summers ago, we were signing their rejects to go up a level (Zinchenko and Jesus). Last summer was the first time we could compete with them on a head-to-head basis for a player like Declan Rice. Now we need to sign more players in that tier and we also need to get lucky that our signings land or exceed expectations the way Liverpool got lucky in signing players like Salah, Mane, and Firmino who all popped.

Did Arteta make some mistakes? I'm sure. But in a 38 game season, everyone will make mistakes. The margin for error now is close to zero such that he'll look like a bottler when/if we lose the title. But even the great Wenger and Ferguson teams lost games in the 30th or 31st or 32nd round or whatever before winning the title. That's because you could win the league with 75-83 points back then.

City could win back to back trebles for crying out aloud! They have scientifically engineered the best club side in recent memory. There's nobility in fighting as the underdog against them and sometimes we can come out on top, but let's not be trigger happy. This is modern soccer and until the rules fundamentally change, there will be some clubs that'll never win anything, some clubs that win a league title every 5-10 years if everything goes right, and some clubs that'll win the league 6-8 times a decade. We are in the middle category and I hope we can get a few titles out of this cycle but all we can do as fans is hope and appreciate the ups and downs of the ride.

1 out of 6 point from Fulham

0 from 6 against villa

Ljonin

Sp**s will do everything they can to make sure we don’t win the title. It would take away a lot of the feel good vibes around them if we win it first time in 20 years. Also they won’t have anything to play for besides that. We know how pity they are.

They’ll fold.

It’s down to Brighton but as we saw last weekend, they’re not a very good side right now.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom