• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

English Football 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braydz

Ade is past it now (which is what i'm sure Stevo meant). He has been a complete liability at times in the past couple seasons. No doubting that 07\08 form though.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

They've also signed Gestede and Veretout today. I think they'll be just fine. I think Gooner Tim will get something out of Ade, like @Taylor Gang Gunners. Very interested to see how all the new signings affect Villa, have some sort of affinity with them as my cousins live in Birmingham.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Yeah,

Yeah he is.

Did you happen to see Ade's penultimate season for us? Absolute machine, 30+ goals, neck and neck with Ronaldo for the golden boot. His attitude has always been questioned but his ability hasn't.

Benteke hasn't had a season close to Ade in 07/08.

Adebayor wouldn't have banged in 30 goals playing up front for Villa. Fabregas had arguably his best ever season in 07/08 as well, providing 20 assists in the league alone and and 27 in total.

I clearly remember Adebayor missing loads of chances, which just underlines how many chances he actually got. It was to the point where a clear-cut chance missed on FIFA was called an "Adebayor moment" by my mates.

It's unfair to judge a striker for Villa and a striker for Arsenal on the same terms. Adebayor was handed countless chances that season while Benteke looks at the players behind him and wonders if he's actually playing in the PL or not.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Adebayor wouldn't have banged in 30 goals playing up front for Villa. Fabregas had arguably his best ever season in 07/08 as well, providing 20 assists in the league alone and and 27 in total.

I clearly remember Adebayor missing loads of chances, which just underlines how many chances he actually got. It was to the point where a clear-cut chance missed on FIFA was called an "Adebayor moment" by my mates.

It's unfair to judge a striker for Villa and a striker for Arsenal on the same terms. Adebayor was handed countless chances that season while Benteke looks at the players behind him and wonders if he's actually playing in the PL or not.
Adebayor at times could be totally unplayable, very much a form player. At the top of their games he's easily above Benteke. I do think though Benteke would probably even this out by scoring more goals when he's playing bad or average.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
That Gedeste lad was awful when he played against us, and the commentators made him out to be some sort of championship Messi. I'd be amazed if he scores more than 5 league goals this season.

spartandre217

Established Member
Yeah,

Yeah he is.

Did you happen to see Ade's penultimate season for us? Absolute machine, 30+ goals, neck and neck with Ronaldo for the golden boot. His attitude has always been questioned but his ability hasn't.

Some people just don't have the level of intrinsic motivation (also read: Obsession) to keep that sort of play alive for a long period of time. It takes a love of what you do along with physical and psychological makeup that just doesn't come around often. Benteke admittedly plays in a much worse team than Ade did so there is that.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
Yeah,

Yeah he is.

One season? Seven years ago?

Even Marlon Harewood managed a great season.

Adebayor is a great player, but Benteke is better.

Benteke is world class. I hate that he's gone to Liverpool because he's quality.

This time next year he'll be moving to one of the elite clubs (amid Liverpool fans claiming they made him that good)

Bould14

I think a lot of clubs in the league are blowing a lot of their new fortune. Sometimes it takes greater strength to keep the money in the bank.

Adebayor is a great player, but Benteke is better.

Benteke is world class. I hate that he's gone to Liverpool because he's quality.

This time next year he'll be moving to one of the elite clubs (amid Liverpool fans claiming they made him that good)

Can't see this happening. I would have never predicted he could reach the level he is playing at the moment. Let alone having another evolution at Liverpool next year.

I've seen Benteke playing for Kortrijk, Standard de Liege, Genk and the national team and nothing really suggested he is (going to be) a worldie. In potential, I think Origi (who is also at Liverpool) is the better one.

Bakka

****ing hell, benteke world class??

With all the hate Giroud get, he surely would be considered world class too. On current ability, Giroud is better than Benteke. With that being said, noone of them is world class, but G is definetely closer to WC than Benteke -.-

He might become WC one day, but right now?? FFS

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
Can't see this happening. I would have never predicted he could reach the level he is playing at the moment. Let alone having another evolution at Liverpool next year.

I've seen Benteke playing for Kortrijk, Standard de Liege, Genk and the national team and nothing really suggested he is (going to be) a worldie. In potential, I think Origi (who is also at Liverpool) is the better one.
You'll see.

He's a wonderful player. Over three seasons he's averaged a 1 in 2 scoring ratio, for a quite frankly abysmal Aston Villa team. He'll run riot when he's playing in a team that can actually support him.

Plus there's the Euros next summer. He's going to be playing out of his skin this season.
Again, I hate the fact that it is for Liverpool ,but he'll tear it up this season.

Oh, and you're talking about Origi who got picked in the Ligue 1 worst 11 last season? Ok ;)

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
I think Giroud probably performs better when he gets laid.

He got a brace last year after valentines day. Very cool goals as well. My theory definitely has weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom