• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Simone Zaza

GDeep™

League is very weak
I think next season we're more likely to see a Zaza type arrive here than an elite WC striker.

Someone in the 20-30M bracket who Wenger thinks can come here and grow into a top player. Another Giroud basically.

Good luck getting Benzema when PSG/Utd etc will be looking to replace their old strikers.

I think next season we're more likely to see a Zaza type arrive here than an elite WC striker.

Someone in the 20-30M bracket who Wenger thinks can come here and grow into a top player. Another Giroud basically.

Good luck getting Benzema when PSG/Utd etc will be looking to replace their old strikers.

Don't want Benzema anymore. A player who should be a leader in a top club with WC potential who is happy to either sit on the bench or play 3rd or 4th fiddle shows he has a beta mentality.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Don't want Benzema anymore. A player who should be a leader in a top club with WC potential who is happy to either sit on the bench or play 3rd or 4th fiddle shows he has a beta mentality.

Not sure about that as he will be starting this season with Bale behind him and Ronaldo on the left.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Don't really blame the club for waiting till deadline day. For a team that three better striking options I would of expected them to sell.

If we turned Bemzema down because of wage demands though then this is the only bracket of strikers obtainable to us. Have to pay a premium on wages as the market is so dry.

Malky

Established Member

Think it was this summer or never for Benz, wont happen now. Best option would see us going for Griezmann next summer, which I would love us to do.
Still surprised so many turned there noses up at PEA earlier in the summer, would of been an outstanding signing, in my opinion.

1983Gunner

Chelsea will grab Griezmann and Ibrahimovich to warm the bench, PSG will take Benzema, Real will take Reus, and Man United will take Cavani as a replacement for Rooney.

So sick of Arsenal not putting up a fight against this lot in the transfer windows!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Shouldn't we have done that two years ago?

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What does he have over someone like Austin? If we were going for a mid table striker why not someone with PL experience.

GDeep™

League is very weak
What does he have over someone like Austin? If we were going for a mid table striker why not someone with PL experience.

What does it tell you that no club has touched Austin for 15M?

If Wenger wanted Zaza, then he must have rated his current ability level as well as his future potential.

Maybe not Zaza, but I think we'll sign someone like him next summer.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Shouldn't we have done that two years ago?
Last 2 years Wenger has tried to sign elite strikers and it hasn't worked out.

We'll go back to basics next summer and sign someone who can perform now and also has the potential to kick on, rather than wait the whole summer for Benz to become available or something.

Lewa won't be available, PEA is a 50-60M player now, rest are too old to be spending 40M plus on, time to find and develop our own striker.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Last 2 years Wenger has tried to sign elite strikers and it hasn't worked out.

We'll go back to basics next summer and sign someone who can perform now and also has the potential to kick on, rather than wait the whole summer for Benz to become available or something.

Lewa won't be available, PEA is a 50-60M player now, rest are too old to be spending 40M plus on, time to find and develop our own striker.
I think we should have purchased a young striker with potential after Giroud's first season. It's always been clear to me he wasn't Arsenal quality.

I can't remember us trying for a striker last summer but we did sign Alexis. Going back to basics next summer requires selling one of Giroud/Walcott/Welbeck. It could be any of the three although I think Theo is the safest of the three.

Anfield 1884

AM's Resident Liverpool Fan
I think we should have purchased a young striker with potential after Giroud's first season. It's always been clear to me he wasn't Arsenal quality.

I can't remember us trying for a striker last summer but we did sign Alexis. Going back to basics next summer requires selling one of Giroud/Walcott/Welbeck. It could be any of the three although I think Theo is the safest of the three.

That would have been the best thing to do. A young Spanish/Brazilian striker perhaps.

Fekir/Munir/Barbosa

benjamin86

Established Member
That would have been the best thing to do. A young Spanish/Brazilian striker perhaps.

Fekir/Munir/Barbosa
Like what i've seen of Fekir, reminds me of Aguero shame about the knee injury was looking forward to following him this season, but it might make it more likely to happen as the way he's started this season one of the billionaire clubs or MUFC would just bid something silly and pay 200K+ a week wages.

Latest posts

Top Bottom