• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal v Stoke City - 12/09/15, 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
Cech
Debuchy Gab Kos Monreal
Cazorla Coquelin
Campbell Özil Chamberlain
Alexis

Its tough leaving Ramsey out but I really want to see a front 3 of Joel-Alexs&Chamberlain as I think they have everything.

BobP

Memri Fan
We often do well against Stoke at home.

Think we need to come up with creative solutions to our forward problem.

Something like this:

-------Sanchez
---------------------------Walcott
-----------------Özil
Ramsey
--------- Coquelin---Santi
-------------------------------Bellerin
Nacho-----CB1-----CB2

Very flexible, very creative, very balanced.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

What I don't want to see is, predictable, boring static passing with no movement and then crossing it in hoping for the best. I want someone to do a Wilshere job, zip around passes while turning defenders quickly, making some nice one twos, not this boring pass it around the box then cross it in or lose possession. One thing Wilshere really does bring to the table is becoming a threat from deep, he passes runs, passes runs and it gives all defenders something to think about and creates lots of gaps in there defence. We need Özil, Ramsey, Alexis and Cazorla to do that instead of the predictable passing we normally do, keep there defence moving and constantly thinking. I want to see Giroud hold the ball up with his back to the defence, make a pass and quickly turn to make a run. However, I doubt he can do that. Anyway we need to quicken up our attack and start having a lot more movement.

OG J0E

1-0 or 2-0 probably.

Want

Cech
Bellerin-Gabriel-Koscielny-Monreal
Ramsey-Coquelin
Özil
Walcott-Giroud-Sanchez

but it will be

Cech
Bellerin-Gabriel-Koscielny-Monreal
Cazorla-Coquelin
Ramsey-Özil-Sanchez
Giroud

Aevi

Hale End FC
Does someone want to go ahead and post the most likely Stoke lineup too? It would be interesting to have a look at it and devise a team to counter it, instead of just building a nice looking one. (Who will replace the red-carded, what are their strengths and weaknesses in their areas)

Although, I do fancy a try with Ramsey over Cazorla despite people bashing him at that role, just to see how he performs there.

Proof

Established Member
Does someone want to go ahead and post the most likely Stoke lineup too?
---------------Butland-------------------
Johnson--Cameron--Muniesa--Pieters
----------Whelan--Van Ginkel-----------
--Shaqiri-------Ireland--------Arnautovic---
----------------Diouf---------------------

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Thanks for setting of the matchthread Proof.

Feel comfortable about this one, because Stoke try to play football nowadays and even more because Stoke have 2 Dutch players, who can't even make their ***** national team.

3-ish nil to the Arsenal!

Still have to show up, the proof will be in the pudding.

Jaywood Mac

Hate the way the international break is already disrupting the flow of things but if we don't get any injuries it might be good for us and we come back sharper and better. Anyone know if Chile will be playing? Alexis needs a break.

--------------Cech
Bellerin Gab Kos Monreal
------------Coq Caz
-Ramsey----Özil--------Ox
-------------Alexis

This team wont happen but there you go.

Axel_Gunner

First of all just survive the international break..... hope no Arsenal player picks up an injury in match, test-game or training... if we have the same injury-luck as usual we will miss at least one player of start-XI.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
A dominant display with a convincing 3-0 win please, to get us some confidence before the Chelski game. I'd like to see

Cech
Bellerin - Gabriel - Koscielny - Monreal
Coquelin - Cazorla
Chamberlain - Özil - Alexis
Giroud

What we'll get:

Cech
Bellerin - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Monreal
Coquelin - Cazorla
Ramsey - Özil - Alexis
Giroud

And for once, if it's still 0-0 at the 70th minute, don't bring on Walcott for Giroud please..

RandyMarsh

Established Member
A dominant display with a convincing 3-0 win please, to get us some confidence before the Chelski game. I'd like to see

Cech
Bellerin - Gabriel - Koscielny - Monreal
Coquelin - Cazorla
Chamberlain - Özil - Alexis
Giroud

What we'll get:

Cech
Bellerin - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Monreal
Coquelin - Cazorla
Ramsey - Özil - Alexis
Giroud

And for once, if it's still 0-0 at the 70th minute, don't bring on Walcott for Giroud please..
Yep Wenger will no doubt continue with the line up that has been failing us at home, in the hope that it finally repeats the Liverpool performance.

Think everyone is calling for Alexis-Giroud- Ox/Theo though.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I cant see us play all 3 strikers at once Alexis Girod Theo.

No way se should

We need to look at the next 3 games in a week and a 4th in League cup against ****, where we should mix a lot

Stoke is probably made for Walcott up top, even Dinamo away, but Giroud will probably play at Chelski cause of set pieces

Rest Alexis against Dinamo is what I want btw

Stoke;

Alexis Theo Ramsey
Özil
Santi Coq
Nacho Boss Gabi Belle

With front 3 changing places

Marmaduke

One thing Wilshere really does bring to the table is becoming a threat from deep, he passes runs, passes runs and it gives all defenders something to think about and creates lots of gaps in there defence.

When Wilsh is on form with a run of games he is pretty effective. I notice that when he runs from deep he usually gets by a player with ease and then his decision making can be awful. Either a sideway pass or he attempts too many dribbles.

If he could get a 20 min cameo just to start easing in...

Gervais

Established Member
Giroud
Alexis ------- Özil ------- Walcott
Coquelin ---- Ramsey
Monreal - Kos -- Gabs - Bellerin
Cech​
imo.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Giroud
Alexis ------- Özil ------- Walcott
Coquelin ---- Ramsey
Monreal - Kos -- Gabs - Bellerin
Cech​
imo.

For best or most likely squad? Because that looks sick as hell but I don't know if Wenger would drop Caz... Seeing as we are home, Stoke will probably sit back a bit so it won't be too strong a game for Theo to start, it looks nice.

Of course we don't know what will happen in game so it is hard to say, but would like Ox and Wilshere (if fit) to be subbed on with some good time left to go so they both get game time in which they hopefully have some nice impact.

Last edited:

Gervais

Established Member
For best or most likely squad? Because that looks sick as hell but I don't know if Wenger would drop Caz... Seeing as we are home, Stoke will probably sit back a bit so it won't be too strong a game for Theo to start, it looks nice.

Of course we don't know what will happen in game so it is hard to say, but would like Ox and Wilshere (if fit) to be subbed on with some good time left to go so they both get game time in which they hopefully have some nice impact.
Best.

No way will it happen, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom