• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Amrabad

And then you talk about West Ham having a small club mentality ffs. We need to beat Olympiacos by 2 and get on with our CL campaign.

Are you kidding me? FFS mate. I was standing alone, battling a few posters who wanted us out of CL in Zagreb thread. Many wants us out of Europe for some imaginary dream about the league, I was saying in that thread that we should be in 16 finals. You are just trolling me now arent you.

Of course I was talking about if that scenario would happen, United and Arsenal in Europa league. Would be good final. Good test!

Bould14

Arsenal is a top club that needs to want to win every single match. Our board, manager, and fans sometimes forget that.

On United I've grown accustomed to them scoring late fluke winners that when it doesn't happen I am in shock. United look poor at the moment but they are grinding out draws.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Arsenal is a top club that needs to want to win every single match. Our board, manager, and fans sometimes forget that.

On United I've grown accustomed to them scoring late fluke winners that when it doesn't happen I am in shock. United look poor at the moment but they are grinding out draws.
Chances are they'll have to grind out more than that on match day 6.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Luke Shaw didn't die for this.
LOL.

You guys keep clean sheets very well, if you ever managed to fix your scoring problems it'd be the same old United from old.

But it's LVG, and he seems content on destroying his attacking minded players confidence.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I know United get nightmares just at the mention of Moyes, but I bet as boring and unproductive his tenure was, his team did not play as drab football as LVG. They passed their group stage fairly easy and beat Leverkusen 5-0 away.

What's interesting is that with a single act LVG completely destroys their match flow. It seems like @clockwork orange prediction that there are two types of LVG, with United getting the wrong one, is so true. Just as he did last night with bringing on Fellaini for his revered Plan B, I remember he completely killed their match on our FA Cup win back in March.

At HT, he took off Shaw and Herrera for Jones and Carrick. The first half was relatively even just as scoreline, but once those substitutions were made, it was all us on second half and United did not have a sniff on the game.

Malky

Established Member
Are you kidding me? FFS mate. I was standing alone, battling a few posters who wanted us out of CL in Zagreb thread. Many wants us out of Europe for some imaginary dream about the league, I was saying in that thread that we should be in 16 finals. You are just trolling me now arent you.

Of course I was talking about if that scenario would happen, United and Arsenal in Europa league. Would be good final. Good test!
FFS, even the United fans want no part of the Europa League, its a 2nd rate trophy, we don't sign Cech, Sanchez and Özil with the intent of winning it at some point. I would take no Europe at all over this and concentrate on the " imaginary dream about the league" :rolleyes: even though we've already smashed the current leaders, a 2nd place United and City hardly look unbeatable.

ipgs

They have several quality players from back to front. But under LvG, all the risk-takers are either sold or subdued. The performances have been tame at best and dire at worst. Big chance we could complete a double over this lot this season.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Man U are so boring that I fell asleep watching the 1st half of the match.
I'm watching the highlights now, and calling them highlights is stretching the meaning of word to its outer limits.

As I said before and will say it again, the players are not the problem, LvG is. We are like 2 attackers away from having a superb team. LvG is that safety first kind of guy. How much I was hoping we could get Klopp:(. Anyways, we need to take Rooney and Mata out of that attack, get two attackers in and hope Memphis performs.

Rosso

AM's Resident United Fan
He banked on winning our home games and now it's blown up in our faces. I like Van Gaal, he has done good work and is a team builder but his in-game management is poor. At the weekend after Herrera's injury he strangely decided to switch to the awful 352 system which let Watford back into the game. And yesterday subbing off Schweinsteiger was wrong, we lost all composure in our passing. Finally the plan B Fellaini tactic simply doesn't work, he is better then that and should move on to be a starter somewhere else.

Van Gaal has to get it spot on now for the must win game in Wolfsburg

As I said before and will say it again, the players are not the problem, LvG is. We are like 2 attackers away from having a superb team. LvG is that safety first kind of guy. How much I was hoping we could get Klopp:(. Anyways, we need to take Rooney and Mata out of that attack, get two attackers in and hope Memphis performs.

You spent 250 millions on your squad and you are like 2 attackers from having a superb team. :confused:

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
If it weren't for Van Gaal Man Utd wouldn't be in this position. The team is fine but the biggest failure I would say was not signing another CB and a worldclass or potential worldclass no.10 in the summer. Someone like De Bruyne and Otamendi. That would have allowed for better football. Now, they don't have a choice but to look for results first.

Imo, they should be all in for a top CB, Tielemans, a wide attacker and striker/playmaker.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
We are like 2 attackers away from having a superb team.

1433222606678.gif

You spent 250 millions on your squad and you are like 2 attackers from having a superb team. :confused:
It wasn't exactly 250 million. If you see the people who have left over the past 2-3 seasons, you have to replace them. The whole starting backline from the last Fergie season is gone. We have managed to replace that and if the defence remains as good as it is right now, we do not need a new CB. De Gea not going was a blessing in disguise as well. In midfield, I believe we have some good options but the system is bad. Schweinsteiger, Carrick and Schneiderlin should never play together. It should be one of them + Herrera (or Pereira if we can adapt his game to play deeper). In attack, we have lost many players like Welbeck, Chica, RvP, di Maria, Falcao, Nani, Zaha and even Valencia (who is converted into a defender now). We have only bought Mata, Memphis and Martial to replace them. As we all know, Rooney is past it and needs to be replaced as well. While I hope Memphis and Martial is a part of the front 4 in the future. Mata was a panic signing by Moyes and he cannot play in a single position perfectly. Mata is too slow to play on the right. He is easily bullied of the ball in the central position. So him and Rooney needs replacing from the front 4. So we have bought Fellaini, Mata, Herrera, Shaw, Di Maria, Blind, Falcao, Memphis, Darmian, Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin, Romero and Martial post Fergie. I had say that 7 out of those players will be major parts of the starting 11. That is good business and removing the dead wood was necessary.

Post Fergie it was never gonna be easy but we will be back (once we sack LvG I guess).

Latest posts+

Top Bottom