• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: He came, he saw, he conquered

Status
Not open for further replies.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
it's a feckin' sweater & a bloody awful one at that too. Who in their right mind would buy that awful crap.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal's Mesut Özil relishing No. 10 role - 'I don't need goals for my ego'

"I am an absolute team player. I don't need goals for my ego," he told Sport 1. "Whoever is positioned best in front of the goal should shoot. But I understand that I need to try to score myself from time to time. I do that now."

"On top of it all, that I have my position as the No. 10 in midfield now. And you should also not forget that we've got a super team, and get along really well.

"We all know how the others play, and you also predict the running path of a teammate in a situation."

When asked whether his good run of form could make the difference in the title race, Özil said: "Not because of Mesut Özil, but with Mesut Özil.

"We've twice won the FA Cup, and won the Charity Shield this summer too. We definitely want to improve that. Should we continue like that, and become just a tiny bit more consistent, it can work out. But the others don't sleep."

http://www.espnfc.com/arsenal/story/2728618/mesut-Özil-relishing-no-10-role-at-arsenal

Do the usual with umlaut for the link to work.

Reactions: A_G

ipgs

Özil is now top dog in our team. Don't think Wenger will tinker the No. 10 position so long as Özil is here.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Can you win a league or CL with 2/3's of your midfield being Cazorla and Özil? I would say a resounding no. Too soft, lightweight, lack of interest in other sides of the game.

Putting Ramsey wide changes things a bit though, as opposed to having attackers wide aswell.

say yes

forum master baiter
Can you win a league or CL with 2/3's of your midfield being Cazorla and Özil? I would say a resounding no. Too soft, lightweight, lack of interest in other sides of the game.

Putting Ramsey wide changes things a bit though, as opposed to having attackers wide aswell.

Put a decent CF/team around those two and I'd argue you could definitely win the PL in its current state.

ipgs

Tbh it was one of Wengers craziest moves to buy the best playmaker in the world and then play him on the wing - wtf...

Not the first time Wenger did that, and won't be the last time. Besides injuries, Wenger's deployment of Rosicky out wide was also a critical reason why Rocisky could not achieve more. When he joined us, he was known as the little Mozart. That's not a nickname people could use lightly.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Well phrased. Made your point, and that of a few other people no doubt, but carefully constructed it to avoid fully reigniting an argument that is fast becoming retro.

I disagree fanatically and implacably with your assessment of the "old" Özil, but your point here is valid and, at least by me, taken.
I'm not sure you're properly informed of that assessment, because if you were, I don't think you'd disagree so emphatically.

You do acknowledge he's changed, right? People do acknowledge he's changed, right? Does that not mean something in light of how turbulent this thread was due to criticism of Ozils contribution?

After all the finger pointing and accusations the minority had to endure in this thread, I don't think it's entirely fair that people can acknowledge Ozils progression into potential game winner, and yet still insist we (others and I) were still wrong and were just 'hating', or didn't understand football!

Still, I know how forums work, and I wont be expecting to be met even half way on the issue.

GDeep™

League is very weak

You can get away with in a league where Chelsea haven't turned up and City are flaky.

Europe though, is a different ball game.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Özil has adapted his game a lot more now. He got used to just being a facilitator at Madrid because that's all he needed to do and he's more than willing to do that.

He has changed as a player since joining us. Taking more responsibility in the final third and using his understanding of space to really impact matches rather than just helping others to impact games. He's evolving as a player, which is just as well for us! If he can keep up this level of performance and notch some goals while he's at it, we could see his performances get even better.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You were saying we should swap him + 25M for Eriksen, that's all the information we need tbh.

Fair to say that you were wide of the mark.
No, what I posted was I'd take Erikson plus £25m for Özil. Get it right, flotsam. I know it's hard for you.

Back then it would have been a no-brainer. I'm not sure I'd say no even now. Financially, if anything, it would still make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom