• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Fekir was the bloke who we literally couldn't get the ball off in pre-season eh? Remember the hype on Lacazette but thinking Fekir was so impressive.

Sykes

Xhaka/Rabiot, Isco and Yarmalenko/Griezmann. A striker would be ideal, but i don't see wenger spending over 50m on Higuain or PEA. Batshuayi would be a good option too.

Sykes

we should get the runt Nasri back
Speaking of Nasri, Fekir reminds me a bit of him...not in playing style, but how Nasri was just as highly rated as Fekir before he got that injury which sort of slowed him down. He never seemed to fully recover from it.
I hope Fekir doesn't suffer the same faith...doesn't seem to be a **** like Nasri.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Speaking of Nasri, Fekir reminds me a bit of him...not in playing style, but how Nasri was just as highly rated as Fekir before he got that injury which sort of slowed him down. He never seemed to fully recover from it.
I hope Fekir doesn't suffer the same faith...doesn't seem to be a **** like Nasri.
nice, but he looks too puny for the PL

Proof

Established Member
I would take a punt on Sofiane Feghouli or Éver Banega. Their contracts expire at the end of the season.

Sykes

I would take a punt on Sofiane Feghouli or Éver Banega. Their contracts expire at the end of the season.
You know i've always wondered why no big club has ever snapped up Banega. I think he's going to inter this summer.

emilursin

We are a 75 point team. That is our limit. We need some serious quality to push us up into 85+ point territory.

Benzema £30m
Yarmolenko/Isco for the RW £30m-£40m
Gundogan £20m (last year of his contract)
Stones £40m (play with Kos, Chambers full time RB)

Alot of people will be like "woah, thats too much and too unrealistic". This is similar to what Chelsea did the summer before they won the title when they brought in Matic, Costa, Fabregas, Filipe Luis and Courtois over one summer. And City when they brought in Aguero, Silva, Toure, etc.

This is what it takes. But we already know we won't get it done.

Courtois has been at Chelsea for years, he was just out on loan to Atl. Madrid.

But I see what you're getting at with the money spending, but I don't think we will ever buy 3-4 expensive players in one window.

benjamin86

Established Member
Unfortunately we don't seem to go for the next big thing in midfield nowadays, unless they're 15 years old and miles behind in their development. Can't see Elneny being world class at any point and i agree with the two midfielders you mentioned- would both be brilliant buys for us.

Wenger seems reluctant to go for semi-established central midfielders in the 19-23 range that have world class potential. Which is a shame. He's probably putting all his eggs in the Ramsey-Wilshere basket. However one is always injured and the other seems to have lost his ability to play central midfield. Don't know where we're heading in that area tbh.

Would absolutely love a new worldie in CM, shift Ramsey out to the wing (or on the bench) and buy a new striker.
Lyon were playing Fekir upfront this season until the injury. I think he'd be perfect for us to develop into a forward and able to play anywhere behind a striker.

I really hope we gamble on him, if he didn't get injured i don't think we'd have a chance he would be off to Real or Guardiola led City.

Aevi

Hale End FC
We doubt Wenger is signing a CM in the summer. The Elneny buy gives off that vibe, though hopefully Flamini's departure causes Wenger to see a need for a backup CDM.

We need a striker/RW and CB to partner Kosc more atm, as these are first team changes.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
We doubt Wenger is signing a CM in the summer. The Elneny buy gives off that vibe, though hopefully Flamini's departure causes Wenger to see a need for a backup CDM.

We need a striker/RW and CB to partner Kosc more atm, as these are first team changes.
You think we're sticking with Rozza and Arteta too?

Aevi

Hale End FC
You think we're sticking with Rozza and Arteta too?
All logic points to a massive transfer window for the club. TV deals + unchanging ticket prices + aging players + ending contracts signifies that there are going to be many ins and outs.

I am hopeful that Wenger's quiet windows as of late has been leading up to this. I'm not confident though, as I am mostly speculating.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Don't think we'll see much incoming at CM. Probably look internally at Maitland, Hayden etc.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Verratti and Reus while we are at it.

Add Sturridge to the mix too!

------------------Cech
Bellerin---Paulista--Koscielny--Monreal
-----------Coquelin---Verratti
-------------------Özil
---Reus----------------------Sanchez
----------------Sturridge

QONVIyz.gif

Massive erection just from looking at that Arsenal XI.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Get Laporte and Sturridge, and raid Leicester.

Cech
Bellerin Laporte Koscielny Monreal
Coquelin Ramsey
Mahrez Özil Alexis
Sturridge

Szczesny
Jenkinson Mertesacker Gabriel Gibbs
Kante Cazorla
Chamberlain Wilshere Welbeck
Giroud

ElNeny, Iwobi.
In Szczesny, Jenkinson, Laporte, Kante, Mahrez, Sturridge. (6)​
Out: Ospina, Debuchy, Chambers (loan), Arteta, Flamini, Rosicky, Campbell ,Walcott. (8)

Malky

Established Member
@THunter Only one I'm not comfortable with is Jenkinson as back-up RB, other than that, brilliant squad. Would love us to sign Laporte before another big club gets him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom