• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What games do you play right now?

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Would recommend anyone with an Xbox One giving EA Access a go for a month.

Managed to play Battlefield 4/Hardline, Dead Space and FIFA 16 for just £1.69. Even at its yearly value of £20 its great value if you haven’t played anyone of the games in the vault.

Can see a lot of developers going this route, stops the pre-owned market aswell.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Would recommend anyone with an Xbox One giving EA Access a go for a month.

Managed to play Battlefield 4/Hardline, Dead Space and FIFA 16 for just £1.69. Even at its yearly value of £20 its great value if you haven’t played anyone of the games in the vault.

Can see a lot of developers going this route, stops the pre-owned market aswell.
Wow. Smart idea, wish this was available on PS4.
Call of Duty Black Ops 3 for me boys.

E

Enoch

Wow. Smart idea, wish this was available on PS4.
Call of Duty Black Ops 3 for me boys.

EA approached Sony as well for the access, but Sony said it's not fair to consumers for them to pay for PS+ and another subscription on top of that.

Personally i don't have an opinion on it, but i'm not fond of their money grabbing and trying to monopolize the gaming industry. When 2k was surpassing Madden, instead of embracing competition and work harder, they bought all the exclusive rights to the NFL, 2k was forced to shut down their NFL game, despite it being the better game. NBA 2k is a huge success and when EA first brought their NBA Live game back (was cancelled for three years due to 2k's success), they went to the NBA to try and buy the exclusive rights, instead of just working harder/better, they just tried to buy their way again, thank goodness the NBA was smart enough to decline their request. They've bought many companies and killed them off, they've killed off games that were likable by a lot of people. What's sad is that PES is a great game, but because EA have a lot of the exclusive rights, PES is less authentic and therefore does not attract the consumer.

There's a reason EA were voted the worst company in the world two years running, and why they've had to change CEOs. What's funny is that i want to buy B5 because of the WWI (COD is apparently going very future this fall, no thanks!) i might just skip it though, i really don't want to support EA and their bullshit, and i don't care if they're not bothered by one person not giving them their 45 quid.

And don't get me started on ****ing Ubisoft :lol:

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

@Enoch All this futuristic trash is the fault of Activision. I think the main issue with COD right now is the supply drop system. I'm sure the older COD's will be remastered for the current gens because they're sitting on a cash cow, soon they'll cash it out. As much as I hate this futuristic COD system, Black Ops 3 is the most fun I've had playing since Black Ops 2. Even though I hate the mechanics and what not, it's actually fun. Weird. Maps are good too.

E

Enoch

@Enoch All this futuristic trash is the fault of Activision. I think the main issue with COD right now is the supply drop system. I'm sure the older COD's will be remastered for the current gens because they're sitting on a cash cow, soon they'll cash it out. As much as I hate this futuristic COD system, Black Ops 3 is the most fun I've had playing since Black Ops 2. Even though I hate the mechanics and what not, it's actually fun. Weird. Maps are good too.

Yep! Activision destroying the COD franchise, knowing that no matter how many times they ignore the fans they'll still make a profit, milking the fans. Treyarch, though bought by Activision, have made the best COD games, World at War, Black Ops trilogy, a lot of mates still get on Blops II 'cause they don't like the third as much, and although Activision still has a say in the Treyarch made games (to push the future aspect), Treyarch still have had a lot freedom to put what they want and build the game how they want, and you can tell by just comparing. COD has gone from stagnating to getting worse.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Yep! Activision destroying the COD franchise, knowing that no matter how many times they ignore the fans they'll still make a profit, milking the fans. Treyarch, though bought by Activision, have made the best COD games, World at War, Black Ops trilogy, a lot of mates still get on Blops II 'cause they don't like the third as much, and although Activision still has a say in the Treyarch made games (to push the future aspect), Treyarch still have had a lot freedom to put what they want and build the game how they want, and you can tell by just comparing. COD has gone from stagnating to getting worse.
For me mate, I could spend my whole day on CoD4. Nothing touches that game in terms of campaign/MP. '50k people used to live here, now it's a ghost town.' MWII was fantastic as well, shocked IW just turned to ****. Ghosts was awful and if this space rumour is really accurate for their next CoD, I'm done.

serenitynow

Ex-fransgooner

Player:Jesus
Anyone here a Ratchet and Clank fan? Used to play the series religiously on my PS2 back in my high school days and the new instalment on the PS4 looks insane, which is also getting incredible reviews.
Might be the game that finally convinces me to get with the times and buy a PS4...

Nyctophobia

Established Member
Anyone here a Ratchet and Clank fan? Used to play the series religiously on my PS2 back in my high school days and the new instalment on the PS4 looks insane, which is also getting incredible reviews.
Might be the game that finally convinces me to get with the times and buy a PS4...
You might want to hold off on buying a PS4 right now, there's lots of trustworthy sources claiming Sony are making a PS4.5 -kind of machine; that's more powerful.

Would be kinda **** to buy a PS4 if a better version comes out half a year or a year later, nah?

Last edited:

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think Activision are keeping COD4 remakes etc in their back pockets for when the series hit a slump. No matter how bad it gets people will always buy a COD4 remake when it eventually comes.

...Or they're just stupid. Look at the amount of people wanting the original Spyro remastered yet we'll never get it.

serenitynow

Ex-fransgooner

Player:Jesus
You might want to hold off on buying a PS4 right now, there's lots of trustworthy sources claiming Sony are making a PS4.5 -kind of machine; that's more powerful.

Would be kinda **** to buy a PS4 if a better version comes out half a year or a year later, nah?

Had absolutely no knowledge of this, looking into it now. Clearly shows how behind I am in the gaming world o_O Thanks for letting me know!

E

Enoch

I think Activision are keeping COD4 remakes etc in their back pockets for when the series hit a slump. No matter how bad it gets people will always buy a COD4 remake when it eventually comes.

...Or they're just stupid. Look at the amount of people wanting the original Spyro remastered yet we'll never get it.

The same with Crash Bandicoot, though there are rumours saying they're going to surprise us with a CB game at E3 for the PS4, they denied it after a company making the promotional stuff leaked it out, then they tried to say it's not the case, but i think it will happen and when it does it'll break the gaming forums :lol:

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The same with Crash Bandicoot, though there are rumours saying they're going to surprise us with a CB game at E3 for the PS4, they denied it after a company making the promotional stuff leaked it out, then they tried to say it's not the case, but i think it will happen and when it does it'll break the gaming forums :lol:
Same with SquareEnix, I heard they are remaking FF VII but change the gameplay.
all Square need is change the graphic to state of the art and watch their bank account rise. Instead they go with the new action RPG style for their new Final Fantasy.

E

Enoch

So Infinity Ward releases the trailer of the new COD and rumours were true, it's space themed. They said Zombies will be in this game and if you get the Legacy Edition you will receive COD: Modern Warfare Remastered. My opinion is that they did this just in case people react negatively to Infinite Warfare (which basically tells me they know what the fans want but couldn't give a s***), so good business move i suppose. Obviously a lot of people will buy this just because of the remastered edition, the Remastered version will have campaign and ten multiplayer maps.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Multiplayer and in game purchases have destroyed COD. Sadly the way it's going to be bundled I can't justify spending £60+ the replay a game.

Finally managed to get round to playing Dead Space and wow what a game. Can see why it won so many awards, the only thing that takes the edge off slightly is that the spawns are a tad predictable.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Yeah COD looks dead an buried now. One of the most disliked videos on youtube now, however, I'd probably pay £60 for COD 4 but who knows how i'll feel at the time. The space **** sucks, although Black Ops 3 was alright tbf.

Battlefield 6 trailer and info gets released tomorrow, I am actually praying to God its not future based, I can't imagine what a game like Bad Company with its physics would look like on a next gen console, could be incredible.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Uncharted 4 out next week. Lots of reviews and new videos have surfaced in the last couple of days, genuinely looking like it could be the best game released on the PS4 to date. Can't wait for this one.

Gutted Xbox. :lol:

BobP

Memri Fan
Favorite CoD was probably Black Ops, loved the post WW2, Cold War theme of the game, was relevant as ****. CoD has totally lost me with this high tech nonsense, totally irrelevant.

Give me the classic RPK to smite my opponents over some weird ass space gun.

Anyhow, what game am I playing right now? FIFA 04

Aiming to score 100 goals in one season with peak Henry.

Am currently on like 40 something in like 14-15 games.

Latest posts

Top Bottom