• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers: Here or Where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I think Chambers could be a very good CB. He has shown in patches that he has the ability. I think Wenger needs to tell him he's a CB and get him focused on being a CB. Play him in pre-season as a CB and see where it goes. We will still have time to buy if required but I think Wenger could move him a step forward simply by believing in him and tell him he's a CB. It wont take much for him to be better than Gabriel as he's far more intelligent, and Mert is on a downhill slide towards career end.

If I thought we would spend properly on a CF & a goalscoring winger, then I would be happy to stick with the CB's we have and give Chambers his chance.

Aevi

Hale End FC
The movements of a master leaves amateurs baffled.
latest

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Why?

Is he good enough to play for a PL winning team yet? I doubt it.
And a PL winning team is what we should aim to be.

Koscielny is our main man. Mertesacker and Gabriel is a level below, and a upgrade is possible. I think Wenger should look a the possibilities. Especially with Mertesacker with only 1 year left, Gabriel still needs to convince people.

So, keep what we have, buy a good new guy, and give Chambers a loan spell. Without that, I doubt he will be a future Arsenal first team regular.
We won't know unless he plays.

And I don't believe in the loan system for our young players anymore. Chances are, Chambers will flounder on loan no matter how good he is and potential will be lost. He's better off playing here. Who's to say Chambers isn't capable of outperforming Mertesacker and Gabriel?

Aevi

Hale End FC
We won't know unless he plays.

And I don't believe in the loan system for our young players anymore. Chances are, Chambers will flounder on loan no matter how good he is and potential will be lost. He's better off playing here. Who's to say Chambers isn't capable of outperforming Mertesacker and Gabriel?
Wenger apparently. I get the argument about giving time, but given this season's circumstances, it's weird how he has had very limited starting opportunities let alone a spot on the bench now.

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

For sure - I just don't believe a loan is the answer. Most of our loans do not work.
Think we might benefit from European loans. The playing style of teams becomes too different to ours as soon as you drop below mid table in the premier league let alone the championship.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wenger apparently. I get the argument about giving time, but given this season's circumstances, it's weird how he has had very limited starting opportunities let alone a spot on the bench now.
Or maybe Wenger read your post and thought, sh*t he's only 1m 82 :D

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He's probably better than Per and Gabriel already. Give him the similar amount of game time to Zouma for Chelsea last year, get another CB to start and make Calum 3rd option who can also fill in a lot.

eye4goal

Established Member
Maybe a two year loan working with Koeman would be good for Chambers. Wenger and young CBs isn't the best combination.

Gabriel is very solid on the ground, and playing him is less risky I'd say at this stage. It was abit stupid selling Sagna who was also 4th choice CB, and then spending £40m on Debuchy, Chambers and Gabriel.

alboots101

Established Member
I want to see this fella play and I want him playing here with us, we have to start playing our young players the only way these lads can improve is by playing and after this seasons p*ss take I can see no reason why they shouldn't be playing at the Grove, f*ck me it comes to something when you look at them muggy c*nts up the road and can't fail to be impressed withe way Pocc has integrated has blended yoof with experience.

I'm pretty sure a different manager would've played Chambers much more than grandad has.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Sometimes a player not playing doesn't mean he's out in the cold, especially a young guy.

With guys like Bould, a former Cb, and a developer like Wenger, you can bet Chambers is working on things behind the scenes and will be thrown in when deemed ready.

Fans know very little about such things.

legendhenry_14

He will start to play alot again next season when the season is fresh but look for him to fade out again at the end of the season if were chasing the title by then with more experience players getting the nod. Unless he does a Bellerin and consistently play very good every match.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I want to see this fella play and I want him playing here with us, we have to start playing our young players the only way these lads can improve is by playing and after this seasons p*ss take I can see no reason why they shouldn't be playing at the Grove, f*ck me it comes to something when you look at them muggy c*nts up the road and can't fail to be impressed withe way Pocc has integrated has blended yoof with experience.

I'm pretty sure a different manager would've played Chambers much more than grandad has.
Which would you prefer? Playing our strongest line up and challenging or throwing the children in to get exp? We can't have it both ways. I for one am sick of projects. Play them when they're ready to step up. If it's as young as Bellerin I'm not fussed but I want good reason for a player below 22 on the pitch

LordBump

This will become another story of missed potential.

We buy a young player that is performing and improving well at their club. We then give them great training but little or no game time.
Player stagnates instead of improving with real game time in those critical years and we lose that curve.

Why can't we buy and leave them at the club until they mature more and can really challenge for a first team spot at Arsenal ?

Chambers will be another Chamberlain.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
This will become another story of missed potential.

We buy a young player that is performing and improving well at their club. We then give them great training but little or no game time.
Player stagnates instead of improving with real game time in those critical years and we lose that curve.

Why can't we buy and leave them at the club until they mature more and can really challenge for a first team spot at Arsenal ?

Chambers will be another Chamberlain.
Great point but consider the fact that other clubs also sniff around early. In some cases the club has to take a gamble before a player becomes out of our reach. That same window Saints lost several starlets to big clubs. I suspect We fart arsed around and splashed the cash on Calum for fear of missing out. Hit and miss of course. ... and it is starting to feel like we're missing more than we're hitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom