• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plutarch

Think he should focus on staying fit and getting game time before moaning about where he plays for us. We have cleared a few spots in CM, he will get his chance both in the middle and out wide.
Indeed. It's an odd time for him to be talking about where he plays at Arsenal. He doesn't play anywhere, he's never on the pitch. Get fit, play some games, then worry about your favourite position.

MJustice

It's ****ing bullshit playing Wilshere and Ramsey on the right. I get that we have a lot of midfielders but its just not their position. I hate that we keep doing this.
Wilshere fair enough but Ramsey's too much of a liability to play in the middle. Can't pass can't dribble can't shoot etc.

adpree

Wilshere fair enough but Ramsey's too much of a liability to play in the middle. Can't pass can't dribble can't shoot etc.

Ok, honestly he isn't that bad. Just needs to cut the Hollywood nonsense and focus on the basics and build up again. A good player does not become bad over night.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I get Ramsey playing on the right for the sake of balance but Wilshere should have a defined position as a holding midfielder. Forget about his dribbling, when our game has already moved forward, he can step up from behind the midfield with his skill and find passes at all angles. In the defensive phase he can dribble us out of it.

Wenger should make that clear to him and tell him to focus.

cloista

I get the feeling with the potential arrival of Xhaka, that Wenger has pencilled Jack in for the RW role, especially as he has openly stated he sees him as an attacking player, and we have seen him be effective coming in off the flank.

Gegen Pressing

I get the feeling with the potential arrival of Xhaka, that Wenger has pencilled Jack in for the RW role, especially as he has openly stated he sees him as an attacking player, and we have seen him be effective coming in off the flank.

..or more likely realize that coq and Elneny are not cutting it , that we need long passing from deep for fast counters or we will predictably stuck with slow buildup and limit our game to passing around the box .

cloista

As a pair, I agree, 1 of them plus Xhaka should give us a much better balance which will free Jack up to play in the final third, which is where Wenger has said before he sees him as most effective.

Sykes

Jack needs to play 10-15 games before he can talk about positions. Fact is Santi is a MUCH better cm than either one of Ramsey or Jack. There's also no way on the world are we shifting someone out of position or replacing them just to fit jack into the first 11 at this moment.

cloista

Sykes, that's kinda my point in a way, our only truly open spot is right wing. Jack's already proven he can play there and he certainly can't be any worse than Theo, Ox and Rambo have been this season. Infact his tendancy to get stuck in would help protect Bellerin defensively, and his tendancy to come inside would open up more space for Bellerin offensively, plus he's already proven he can be effective there with both his passing range and his ability to beat a man with skill and his love of little one-twos would add some much needed variation up top. He could also swap positions with both Özil and Alexis for even more variation. It'd then allow us to use someone as an out and out winger if we need to stretch the play laterally off the bench as a plan B.

Last edited:

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Walcott, Ramsey, Ox and Wilshere is two maybe three too many. I'd say keep Wilshere and maybe Ramsey and sell Walcott and Ox.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Jack should shut up tbf. He hasn't been fit enough long enough to be complaining at where he plays.

I don't think he was complaining to be fair I think he was just answering a question about his preferred position.

You're right though players like him are in no position to make demands about playing in centre midfield. If you're building your team you need midfielders who are dependable and who stay fit. Hence why it's good we now have Xhaka, Elneny, Cazorla and Coquelin outwith Wilshere and to a lesser extent Ramsey who you can't be overly reliant upon.

Don't get the problem with Wilshere playing wide either, it's not like he's forced to hog the touchline he gets to come in onto his stronger foot. A lot of his better performances have come from the right hand-side over the past 3 season. In fact you think back to the 13/14 first half of the season run with him either on the left (with Walcott on the right) or a lot of the time he was on the right and as a team we were much better for it. Compare that to the 14/15 first half of the season where we were very poor while he was playing centrally. It also seems Wenger only plays Wilshere centrally as part of a 3 and almost doesn't really trust him as a CM pairing with another player. Apart from the 10/11 season and a few England performances against nothing teams he's done nothing of note playing deeper in midfield. I think his absolute best position is number 10 but we've got Özil there so he'll have to just make do with the opportunities he gets out wide for me.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Evan-Peters.jpg

Fassbender is Jack's dad.

NEhJjCdKIsCNlj_2_b.jpg

Food for thought.

Reactions: A_G

carlito'sway

Established Member
Jack should shut up tbf. He hasn't been fit enough long enough to be complaining at where he plays.

Indeed....What about trying to stay fit and be less reckless for a full season? That way you can show you are worth starting in the middle.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Nothing wrong with the interview he did. Was probably asked his favoured position and he rightly said midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom