• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Benatia and a striker who can be any one of Icardi,Higuain,Aubameyang,Cavani or Benzema or if we are really desperate morata.

First team:

Icardi

Sanchez Özil Iwobi

Xhaka Cazorla

Monreal Benatia Koscielny Bellerin

Cech

Second String:

Giroud

Joel Campbell Wilshere Ox

Coquelin Elneny/Ramsey

Gibbs Chambers/Per Gabriel Debuchy

Ospina

Lets go for the quadruple :D :D

Last edited:
Alternatively if we cannot find a striker,convert sanchez into a forward...he has all the attributes to be world class in that position and buy a world class winger to replace his quality in midfield aka Mahrez,Gotze,Isco,Reus etc

Easier to find a world class winger than a forward in the current market.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Anyone reckon we could get Arda Turan?

I heard rumours that we were interested but the only was in a player exchange deal where we would give up Özil and they would give us Arda + 2 others (one being Munir).

BBF

Morata just isn't prolific enough for me to justify him. If we aren't going for a top striker signing, then we should just go for Simone Zaza, he has decent height and strength and has an eye for goal. He's no slouch either and has a few tricks up his sleeve.

There is a reason that both West Ham and Southampton are after him. The managers of those clubs are no mugs.

With Zaza, Gotze and a solid CB, we'd have a great shot at the title as long as Sanchez and Özil stay. We could sell Ox/Walcott and probably have a net spend of only £30m or so.

We can't sell too many though as the homegrown rule gets in the way. People always forget this rule when they make their crazy wishlists!

Complete myth. Not only has Morata scored more career goals, he's also scored 38 top flight goals to Zaza's 29. Prolific? You're having a laugh mate.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
We need a striker who can make his own goals I feel. Our play is too predictable. I wouldn't be adverse to Sanchez as CF ut feel he'd score just as many from the wing so it would be a waste. I want a striker with good technique who can make their own goals and realistically that is Zlatan, Sturridge or Morata. Any will propel us.

Zlatan is a short-term option, Sturridge ijury prone so just pay the money for Morata!

------------Xhaka-------Santi/Nenny-------------
----Wilshere-------Özil-----------Sanchez-------
-------------------Morata--------------------------

------------Coquellin-------Ramsey---------------
----Campbell------Iwobi------------Ox-----------
-----------------Welbeck/Giroud------------------

Would we be better getting Benatia from Bayern or seeing if Roma will take him back, which could make getting Manolas easier and more realistic? Benatia has a more worrying injury record and is 5 years older than Manolas.
Thoughts?

GunnerGetYah

Established Member
A difference of 0.22? Weak argument. Morata's scored more goals in his career, and proved it. No selective Squawka stats are gonna change that.

Take that rate of goals and multiply it for 20 games:
8 goals for Morata, 13 goals for Zaza. I'd say it's a pretty strong argument.

I think the strong build of Zaza is much better suited to the premier league, Morata would get destroyed here.

BBF

Take that rate of goals and multiply it for 20 games:
8 goals for Morata, 13 goals for Zaza. I'd say it's a pretty strong argument.

I think the strong build of Zaza is much better suited to the premier league, Morata would get destroyed here.

No it's not, you're arguing through one season, and your currently argument is hypothetical. If you're arguing through last season, Morata's goal per 90 minutes is 0.54, and Zaza's was 0.38. If we go back to 2013, when Morata was playing in a more difficult league on the wing. His goals scored per 90 minutes is 2,03, whilst Zaza's is 0.71. That, coupled with an appalling shot accuracy from Zaza disproves any myth Zaza is more clinical than Morata. But the fact that Morata's scored more without this technical stats bollocks means nothing right?

I don't think you've even watched him play

GunnerGetYah

Established Member
No it's not, you're arguing through one season, and your currently argument is hypothetical. If you're arguing through last season, Morata's goal per 90 minutes is 0.54, and Zaza's was 0.38. If we go back to 2013, when Morata was playing in a more difficult league on the wing. His goals scored per 90 minutes is 2,03, whilst Zaza's is 0.71. That, coupled with an appalling shot accuracy from Zaza disproves any myth Zaza is more clinical than Morata. But the fact that Morata's scored more without this technical stats bollocks means nothing right?

I don't think you've even watched him play

Well if we are arguing based on past seasons, I can find loads of players better.. even Ballotelli looks better.

Kiwi-Gooner

I think Higuain on top of the current lot would just about secure us the league. I can't believe people were turning him down, his scoring record is phenomenal

Latest posts+

Top Bottom