• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Transfer Madness- Summer 2016

Will the #madness happen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dysphoria

Established Member
I suspect we may not have as much cash as we are led to believe. Our last 3 most expensive players took 3 seasons to buy. With one coming in per season and very little business in thesame year. This time around we got Xhaka and I doubt we got enough available for a top defender and top striker. I suspect a defender was never in the cards and Pers injury has forced our hands. The club is forced to deep into the budget. Which makes it even tougher for us to pay top fees for any player. Wenger likes Lac Mahrez etc but we may just not have that amount of money to spend on a single window considering Xhaka is already here. Lets consider we have money. Why can we not secure Mahrez or Lac etc..these are not top tier players moving for 60m plus. At least a club like ours should be able to pull this off if we have the money. I would have been confident if we had not spent on Xhaka ...then one of Lac or Mahrez woulf have swallowed the bulk of the budget. Same when we got alexis and Özil.

Why wouldn't we have the cash reserves that have been tabulated by the likes of swiss ramble? Or are you insinuating that substantial portions of our disposable cash reserves which should be available for transfer fees are being held back by upper management or the owner himself? Either way, it's all pure speculation but i suspect the truth is somewhere along the middle ; kronke is siphoning funds from the club AND wenger is reluctant to spend on players because his evaluations are not similar to prices being demanded. Either way, they are all short changing us and deserve the vitriol once it all goes tits up.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Just seen Gomez is apparently signing for Dortmund, so that's another off the list.

So Dortmund will have at attacking line up of:

----------Auba---------
Reus-Dembele- Gotze

Backed up with Gomez, Schurle and Kagawa. They might give Bayern a run for their money.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Calm down folks - it won't go tits up. It's not like a dude that has navigated 20 years of CL football and managed at the very top level for that long doesn't have a scoobie as to what he's doing.

He wants to buy top players but wants to get them at a fair price and is doing his thing - look at the top players he bought over the last 3 years and you see the type of quality Wenger wants to buy and is willing to spend BIG money on.

I feel we will get someone big & it won't be the ones we've been linked with all summer - just watch. He'll pull something off just like that.

dysphoria

Established Member
Just seen Gomez is apparently signing for Dortmund, so that's another off the list.

So Dortmund will have at attacking line up of:

----------Auba---------
Reus-Dembele- Gotze

Backed up with Gomez, Schurle and Kagawa. They might give Bayern a run for their money.

They've sold their better players and continuously come back just as strong if not stronger. We on the other hand are useless inept ****s who can't seem to get much right. **** kronke, gazidis, wenger and **** law.

redanddread

Exactly. He is happy for the fans to think we have money and we can buy the best players. Indeed we can but we have a bracket we cannot cross. We can also buy from a certain pool. Top players who have fallen down the pecking order at top clubs. Like Özil and Alexis. When that chance comes by then we make a move. The move can happen once every summer since it always takes the bulk of our budget. Remember Arsène always says when the right player is available we will make a move. He always waits to see what the top clubs do and see who becomes pushed to the sidelines. Then he pounces. Offers a better wage and game time. When it comes to top players.....He is not keen on knocking the door to buy what he wants. It means spending over the top. We just have to understand the summer is not about what we need. Its about who becomes available thats fits into the stratedgy. That is why we have never gone into a season addressing all our needs.
It's always about who we need but it's also about who's available at the right price. In light of the wads of ca$h that have gone up in smoke over the last few years Wenger should be given a medal for getting the likes of Özil & Sanchez at the prices he got them for.

redanddread

And there's the Wenger rub. :lol: Bargain basement it is, then.
Xhaka, Sanchez & Özil aren't some basement bargain buys but purchases of top WC stars at an extremely good price. These bargains are not found on every ****ing corner though.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
Calm down folks - it won't go tits up. It's not like a dude that has navigated 20 years of CL football and managed at the very top level for that long doesn't have a scoobie as to what he's doing.

He wants to buy top players but wants to get them at a fair price and is doing his thing - look at the top players he bought over the last 3 years and you see the type of quality Wenger wants to buy and is willing to spend BIG money on.

I feel we will get someone big & it won't be the ones we've been linked with all summer - just watch. He'll pull something off just like that.

Clearly, the Pogba to Utd deal has stalled as Madrid are trying to pony up the cash for a hijack by selling Benzema to Arsenal.

Notice how Karim has been 'injured' all pre-season? Coincidence? I think not.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Surprised to see Wenger talking about PL fees when we currently have the most expensive player this window.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Clearly, the Pogba to Utd deal has stalled as Madrid are trying to pony up the cash for a hijack by selling Benzema to Arsenal.

Notice how Karim has been 'injured' all pre-season? Coincidence? I think not.
No. No. No
I'm not doing this again.
It was painful last time.
I wake at night thinking about it.
No.
I cannot do this to myself again.

wigner

I cannot understand why Mahrez would not want to force his way out to Arsenal.

Note,
  • He is French
  • He is what Arsenal have been missing.
  • If he has a similar season like last, he will become become undroppable at Arsenal
The only possible reasons for him not coming to Arsenal are
  • Arsenal are not actually interested, or they won't pay a £35+ fee for him
  • He thinks he is going to Barcelona next year
  • He is afraid he will get benched at Arsenal

Finesse

I cannot understand why Mahrez would not want to force his way out to Arsenal.

Note,
  • He is French
  • He is what Arsenal have been missing.
  • If he has a similar season like last, he will become become undroppable at Arsenal
The only possible reasons for him not coming to Arsenal are
  • Arsenal are not actually interested, or they won't pay a £35+ fee for him
  • He thinks he is going to Barcelona next year
  • He is afraid he will get benched at Arsenal

All the points noted above are not the primary motive for a move. It is a right salary and game time. Once that is in place then those little sways can cement it.

The possible reason may be we are intrested but dont have enough to go all out and buy Mahrez or Lac. Simply because it will be paying top money and it may leave us short considering we need an experienced defender. Hence the low ball offer for Lacazette. So we are just letting time run to see if time will force the player or club to move. I may be wrong but thats my theory.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Regardless of what we do we're probably going to be short going into this season...again.

That's what hurts. Don't lose your **** about Mahrez, that always had the vibe of media BS.

Goon_si

So a few days ago, we were getting our hopes up at the thought of Mahrez and Lacazette. Both now ruled out. Yedder or whatever that Toulouse striker is, is going to Sevilla. And Mustafi was supposedly available for 25M euros, but now the price is suddenly 25M pounds + 10M in addons. Yeah I dont see us paying that either.

Happy days.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Looks like Ranieri has spoken this morning wishing Mahrez to stay, so it looks as if he hasn't signed a new contract. We could be still in with a chance, who knows.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
Riyad Mahrez will continue talks with Leicester City over a new contract but Claudio Ranieri insists he will stay for at least one more season.

Mahrez is in negotiations over a new £100,000 a week deal andLeicester remain convinced he will not be leaving the King Power Stadium this summer.

The Algeria international has three years left on his current contract and Leicester say he has given no indication that he will not re-sign.

But Ranieri is refusing to panic over the situation and claims there will be no problem if the issue is not resolved before the start of the season.

“If he wants to sign a new contract it is ok. For me it is important that this season he stays with us,” he said.

“He is very happy. I see him every day and he has never talked to me about something strange. I am confident with him. This is experience."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...-mahrez-continue-talks-over-new-contract-but/

Sebben

I'm still thinking we'll try a sneaky bid for Jese Rodriguez hes pretty strong and versatile think he'd fit in really well with us although it looks more likely psg will get him

Axel_Gunner

suddenly our away-kit looks good :lol:

ComnfiLW8AABLXP.jpg

little mistake of puma. i did a short correction.

8kt5tuj4.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom