• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,775
  • Views 1,157,453

Has Iwobi's cleverness IMO.

A lot of clever players coming up. Iwobi, Maitland-Niles, Nelson. I'd even add Sheaf there too.

Nelson is slowly growing into u-23 level. Won't be long until he starts doing the same damage at that u-23 level as he does at u-18 level. At the moment it is a bit harder, because we are playing at much higher reverse level as we were doing last year. We are playing against the best u-23 teams in the country now!

Impact

Established Member
Re cleverness, I think that is the product of the work of the Academy. It's similar to La Masia in that aspect. The players may not be talented enough to play for the first team but they understand the movements, strategies and roles required of them when they do. It means when we actually have a talented player, his transition into the first team is a bit easier e.g. Iwobi

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
When did he represent the first team?
vs Notts Forest
Chris-Willock-picking-a-bogey-in-Alex-Oxlade-Chamberlain-Instagram-post.jpg

Last edited:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

logic DC

trying to know more about these kids, to all you who are familiar with them, I need to know just a few things, how good is Nelson is he a better prospect than Willock, and how good is AMN, and who would yall liken him to.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Zelalem v Chelsea U23s

I raved about AMN in this game (and he was awesome) but Zelalem next to him also had a very impressive showing. What's more noticeable is that he's much more powerful and combative since coming back from Scotland.

trying to know more about these kids, to all you who are familiar with them, I need to know just a few things, how good is Nelson is he a better prospect than Willock, and how good is AMN, and who would yall liken him to.
- Reiss Nelson is probably the most highly rated youngster of his age group at the club. He's an explosive attacker with skill and technical ability. Is he a better prospect than Willock? Difficult to say, in my opinion he just about edges it but they are similar in terms of how far they can go, which is "as far as they want".

- Maitland-Niles is the dark horse, has been since his emergence. He's not gotten the hype of other youngsters but he's definitely rated highly within the club, and by Wenger (that is at least according to Jeorge Bird). If I would liken him to a player, the closest in the Prem I can think of (although possibly not very flattering depending in your opinion) is James Milner. He doesn't really have a weakness and does the job wherever he plays. He probably has a bit more flamboyance about him as a player. An Arsenal player I would say he's similar to is Ray Parlour.

As said, he really has no weakness so he can be molded accordingly, which is why he's been playing at RB and looking decent. I don't really want him there though, I think CM is where he can shine the most and use all of his abilities.

Maxim

Zelalem v Chelsea U23s

I raved about AMN in this game (and he was awesome) but Zelalem next to him also had a very impressive showing. What's more noticeable is that he's much more powerful and combative since coming back from Scotland.

Zelalem, as always, looking technically immaculate - However, I'm very interested to see what role he'd actually fulfill in a first team set up (be it here or elsewhere).

I'm not sure he's physical enough off the ball to be the defensive midfielder/deep lying playmaker and his lack of creativity and attacking drive doesn't really merit playing him further forward. It seems like he's becoming almost a Denilson type player (in the nicest possible way).

The general feedback I got from Rangers supporting mates is that at first they were delighted at the way he came in and seemed to be controlling matches and distributing the ball with ease but the more he played the more they saw that he didn't actually provide all that much except recycling possession and nice looking turns.

Hope he settles on role and begins his development into it asap.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Apparently the U19's are 1-0 to Basel in the UEFA youth league. Any links anyone?
Were no streams for this. We lost 2-1 thanks to - of all things - a goal from the halfway line and a dubious penalty :lol:.

Dragomir was the scorer for us, and Jeorge Bird indicated he was having a good game.

Coincidentally, I came across these on twitter while looking for streams/updates. Two of our 2001 born players.

chessygoal

Zelalem, as always, looking technically immaculate - However, I'm very interested to see what role he'd actually fulfill in a first team set up (be it here or elsewhere).

I'm not sure he's physical enough off the ball to be the defensive midfielder/deep lying playmaker and his lack of creativity and attacking drive doesn't really merit playing him further forward. It seems like he's becoming almost a Denilson type player (in the nicest possible way).

The general feedback I got from Rangers supporting mates is that at first they were delighted at the way he came in and seemed to be controlling matches and distributing the ball with ease but the more he played the more they saw that he didn't actually provide all that much except recycling possession and nice looking turns.

Hope he settles on role and begins his development into it asap.
I mostly agree, but we can't say Zel lacks creativity, he really has a natural talent when it comes to passing, and each time he played for the first team he showed it.

Vanfrothan

Zelalem v Chelsea U23s

- Reiss Nelson is probably the most highly rated youngster of his age group at the club. He's an explosive attacker with skill and technical ability. Is he a better prospect than Willock? Difficult to say, in my opinion he just about edges it but they are similar in terms of how far they can go, which is "as far as they want".

- Maitland-Niles is the dark horse, has been since his emergence. He's not gotten the hype of other youngsters but he's definitely rated highly within the club, and by Wenger (that is at least according to Jeorge Bird). If I would liken him to a player, the closest in the Prem I can think of (although possibly not very flattering depending in your opinion) is James Milner. He doesn't really have a weakness and does the job wherever he plays. He probably has a bit more flamboyance about him as a player. An Arsenal player I would say he's similar to is Ray Parlour.

As said, he really has no weakness so he can be molded accordingly, which is why he's been playing at RB and looking decent. I don't really want him there though, I think CM is where he can shine the most and use all of his abilities.

Zelalem has to make it at Arsenal in some capacity. Watching that video of his match highlights he looked like everyone else was in a time stream to him. All the players are sprinting around him and it just looks like he's walking in most of the clips. Little turns and feints and all of a sudden he's in yards of space again! He just sees things that much quicker than anyone else.

I'm struggling to think of a single player playing in the premier league who looks like that when they play and I can't think of anyone. Fabregas in his prime maybe? Not saying he's at that level, yet, but the potential is there.

We have to find a place for him somewhere.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
What's going on with Yassin Fortune? Is he still touted as the next big thing?

I remember that he was brilliant when he started playing for U18.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.
Top Bottom