• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL | Arsenal v Basel | 28th of September at 19:45 (GMT)

What will the result be for the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

I wouldn't be surprised to see the same team that played on Saturday except Ospina will definitely start. Potentially room for some changes though.

I'd hazard a guess at Ospina, Bellerin, Mustafi, The Boss, Gibbo, Xhaka, Elneny, Walcott, Özil, Iwobi, Alexis.

We can't take this lightly. One of their main strikers is 6'5" and their two centre backs have 3 goals between them in 9 games which isn't bad either. Theyve won all 9 of their league games and face a difficult trip to PSG immediately after us so they might feel this game is a better chance to recover some points after their slip against Ludogorets.

This is a potentially dangerous tie but we should win provided we show up with tenacity and desire. A professional job is needed.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Think we'll see Xhaka - Eleneny with Gibbs on the LB and Ospina on goal. Looking forward for Perez in the second half.

Reyes no.11

-----------------------------------------Cech

Bellerin----------------Mustafi-----------------Gabriel---------Monreal

--------------------------Elneny------------------Xhaka

Chamberlain------------------------Özil--------------------------Iwobi

---------------------------------------Giroud

Subs: Ospina, Koscielny, Gibbs, Cazorla, Walcott, Sanchez, Perez

haha_arsenal

I want Xhaka and ElNeny to play against their former club,
for every players, it'd feel so good to score against your former team.

Xhakabooooom

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Have to win this, its a home game against a lower seed, anything but a win would be a set back. A few changes but not too many. Would love to see Perez get a chance but think he'll come on later.

Much as I like Giroud, our attack is very effective at the moment and he would slow it down.

Keep a strong team for this and play Ox, Cazorla, Giroud/Perez vs Burnley next Sun.

------------------------------------Ospina

Bellerin--------------Mustafi----------------Kos-------------Monreal

------------------------Elneny------------------Xhaka

Walcott----------------------------Özil---------------------------Iwobi

------------------------------------Alexis

Subs: Cech, Gabriel, Gibbs, Cazorla, Ox, Perez

Last edited:

africe

-----------------------------------------Cech

Bellerin----------------Mustafi-----------------Gabriel---------Monreal

--------------------------Elneny------------------Xhaka

Chamberlain------------------------Özil--------------------------Iwobi

---------------------------------------Giroud

Subs: Ospina, Koscielny, Gibbs, Cazorla, Walcott, Sanchez, Perez
Giroud is suspended for this one

berric

Established Member

------------------------------------Ospina

Bellerin--------------Mustafi----------------Kos-------------Monreal

------------------------Elneny------------------Xhaka

Walcott----------------------------Özil---------------------------Iwobi

------------------------------------Alexis

Subs: Cech, Gabriel, Gibbs, Cazorla, Ox, Sanchez, Perez

Oh, what would we give for this... :D

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Must win :)

I think Wenger will make some changes. Ospina, Gibbs, Xhaka and maybe Ox can start from Chelsea game.

As Cazorla is not getting picked up by Spain anymore, I think Wenger will play him again and for Burnley next weekend. It shouldn't affect his performance by having 3 matches in 8 days. So Xhakorla midfield will do

Ospina
Bellerin - Shkodrani - Koscielny - Gibbs
Graniti - Cazorla
Walcott - Özil - Ox
Sanchez
It will be an emotional reunion for Grait and Elneny, but especially for Granit who plays against his brother Taulant yet again.

3-1

berric

Established Member

I think this side is very likely. We know Coq is out, Giroud is suspended, so if all players are fit, Wenger will make minimal changes.

I meant having two of Sanchez in the squad, the way you accidentaly wrote. :D

Otherwise your squad is probably the one that will play, bar maybe Gibbs getting his minutes.

Token Yank

Wouldn't mind seeing Bellerin rested at some point. The guy is a machine down the flank and I would hate for him to pick up a muscular injury.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I'm really excited to see how we perform. I'm looking for validation, confirmation, a pinch on the arm, so to speak.

Would not want Ox to start. Would not want to see Ox in the squad except in EFL matches.

Last edited:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We have some reasonably easy fixtures on paper coming up so I think we'll see the rotation there

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I'd go with :

Ospina
Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny Gibbs
Xhaka Elneny
Walcott Özil Iwobi
Alexis

GT2006

I do agree 3 points is a must here, but i would rotate a bit and not risk injuries/burnout. Plus it's not like the ones coming in are too weak.

Ox had a poor game against PSG but I expect him to be more confident/opportunist if given the chance against Basel.

I dont rate Gibbs too highly but would give him a shot in this game, more importantly giving Monreal a breather.

Ospina

Bellerin
Koscielny
Gabriel
Gibbs

Xhaka
Elneny

Sanchez
Özil
Ox

Perez

Status