• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain: Less Ox, More Snake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Not a bad performance, but not that great either. Still some suspect decision making and shocking failed assist on Walcott. But overall a rather positive display of someone I've practically given up on. In my mind this is his last chance to show a positive run otherwise bin him.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Get the feeling he knows he is done here & looking to put in the performances for a summer or January sale. The Goals on Sunday comments so early in the season were telling. If Ibe went for 15.3m Ox could reach 20m.

Iwobi just gets it, Welbeck will be back soon, the youngsters behind him improving every day & with the Alexis switch there are alot of options to add a top class wide player... They dont cost the ridiculous striker money either.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I think he might start against Sunderland. Hope he starts against Ludogorets away next week, that game is perfect for him, considering how they played at the Emirates.

carlitobrigante

If Ox and Theo both finally live up to their potential this season, and keep up this kind of form, then it really is a game changer for our team and our title chances.

Both of them have the raw ingredients to dominate this league, they just seemed to always be missing the confidence or the footballing IQ, to play the way they could be capable of.

The Ox running with the ball in full flow when he is on form is a devastating sight, that we have only ever had occasional glimpses of. not Not many defenders can cope with that mix of so much pace and power and he needs to exploit it more.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I couldn't watch the game, but from the arsenalist highlights of our Reading win, Ox seems to have wasted so many good chances, despite scoring a brace.

How was he, does he look like improving as he's not near to first XI, or he still have decision-making issues in game ?

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I couldn't watch the game, but from the arsenalist highlights of our Reading win, Ox seems to have wasted so many good chances, despite scoring a brace.

How was he, does he look like improving as he's not near to first XI, or he still have decision-making issues in game ?

He played at say 50% efficiency and still came up with a match-winning contribution. Positive signs I'd say.

Toss up who starts between him and Iwobi atm, both have serious claims. Will be interesting to see what Arsène does on the weekend.

SeppWurzl

You've Been Wurzl'd
He played at say 50% efficiency and still came up with a match-winning contribution. Positive signs I'd say.

Toss up who starts between him and Iwobi atm, both have serious claims. Will be interesting to see what Arsène does on the weekend.

Ox was and is a player who just can't use his head! Iwobi is a player who lives using his head.
If you play Ox you know he will waste a ton of balls and opportunities, Iwobi does not have his pace or shot but he does not give the ball away, instead plays ridiculously good passes and through balls for such a young player.
Ox is way behind Iwobi.
Ox also has been at Arsenal for a very long time and did not improve his "football brain" much imo.
He is the same as Walcott.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I really like that low, driven with power, accross the goal shot that he does.

I also thought his off the pitch chemistry with Jenko really showed on it. He knew where he was going to be, and made some clever plays with him.

Found a video

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
He looked lively, but then he should look lively against a team like Reading. Championship opposition is more his level.

He played decent though. Both quality goals.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Not an outstanding game from him bar his two goals who were great of course, but he is a player that can bring something different. His shots from outside the box are dangerous and he's one of the few to even try that. Gives us something else over that tippy-tappy that we usually do.

He'll get another game soon vs. either Sunderland or Ludogorets, let's see if he can pick it up again.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I'm very pleased for Ox, still not sure he has it in him to be a top player but he's currently having his best spell since being at the club AND there's lots he can improve on, so that's got to be good. His Dad and Wenger always said he was a confidence player, well scoring goals is the best thing a player can do for his confidence. His over all game is probably not as good as Iwobi but he's scoring, and that wins games. I just hope he continues to get games because he has something that can't be taught, pace!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom