• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EFL Cup | Arsenal vs Reading | 25th of October at 19:45 (GMT)

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doom

I've said it before but that team tonight shows the depth of the squad we have this season.

Lucas and Giroud wouldn't look out of place in many a top half-PL team and have played the equivalent of about 4 games between them and it's nearly November.

When the pitches turn heavy their rotation into the starting lineup is going to give the attack a real boost.

The young players I don't think will do much this season but it was great to see the back-up back 4 play well and offer something going forward too.

I'd love if Jenko got a DVD of Cafu's highlights for Christmas. He's an amazing athlete.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
This is going to get used to the death this season
-ElqBU.gif

That's a 'Promise';)
What's he meant to be doing here? It's not the old "Eiyyyyyyy FIRE!" thing some of us did as kids, is it?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I get that confident feeling when I watch us play now, we will not lose.
Its funny, because I dont. I know that feeling having witnessed all our best sides of the last 20 odd years, and I don't get it at all. Still, what's it worth when defeats always come out of the blue anyway? :lol:

Uncle Good-Advice

Citeh might not even be there......we can have City in the semi's. Lets get another nice home draw, so that we can see the yutes again.
Sorry I can't see any other outcome tomorrow than Jose's defeat :) I guess we're gonna see young guns in QF anyway. Sure, probably it's better to play at home against Leeds but on the other hand the magnitude of match against City could be a really important experience for some of our best youth.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arsenal's last 23 games across all competitions
WWDDWDWDWLDWWDWWWWWWWDW
Goals: 53
Conceded: 16
Clean sheets: 14

NIIIICCCEEEE!!!
Indeed nice :lol:

We had the most clean sheets last season and we're leading again this season. We've lost once in the last 23 games.

To say that other managers can easily set their teams up to beat Wenger is a gross miscarriage of punditry.

Ewarwoowar

What's he meant to be doing here? It's not the old "Eiyyyyyyy FIRE!" thing some of us did as kids, is it?

Not sure, not quite a "Eiyyyyyyy FIRE!" is it?

He is a reacting to Ramsey hitting the post in the 4-1 v West Brom last game of the season match.

Coquelin is a peach, not sure whether his reaction is cos' He got busted picking His nose, jealous of the attention Wenger is paying Ramsey, or perturbed at Wenger going all urban stealing His cultureo_O inquiring minds would like to know.

Stumbled on it at pundit arena,, catch the title-

http://www.punditarena.com/football...-Arsène-wenger-goes-full-proper-ruuuuude-boy/ :lol:

Took this video from youtube to make the gif

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Not sure, not quite a "Eiyyyyyyy FIRE!" is it?

He is a reacting to Ramsey hitting the post in the 4-1 v West Brom last game of the season match.

Coquelin is a peach, not sure whether his reaction is cos' He got busted picking His nose, jealous of the attention Wenger is paying Ramsey, or perturbed at Wenger going all urban stealing His cultureo_O inquiring minds would like to know.

Stumbled on it at pundit arena,, catch the title-

http://www.punditarena.com/football...-Arsène-wenger-goes-full-proper-ruuuuude-boy/ :lol:

Took this video from youtube to make the gif

See, like I said, it's a rude boy ting! Wenger doesnt even know where it came from :lol:

EDIT: Hang on, he's skanking here
Dance.gif

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I unexpectedly had work so I had to stream whole game after.

I thought our youngsters, while impressive at times, were a tad overeager - particularly Maitland-Niles in the 2nd half. Too many indulgent passages of play over the course of the game.

There were positives though: Jeff had some really excellent dribbles and passes and I also thought AMN did very well defensively, even better than Elneny IMO, and did participate in good passages of play. Zelalem came on and showed great awareness and moved the ball around more securely in his brief cameo than anyone else.

Willock was a bit overawed when he came on, just felt like he could have played with a bit more composure. Holding was mostly untroubled but I dont want him faffing about too much when he is getting pressed.

carlitobrigante

Good result condiring the team we put out. We look so solid at the back these days, no matter which mix of GK and defenders we line up with. So very pleasing to see, considering defence was seen for a long time as our main weakness. Wenger and Bould really deserve some praise for the way we have rebuilt this back line.

Things i took from the game:

Holding - incredible bargain. I see little difference between a 2m Holding and a 40m Stones.

Martinez - We have the best 3 goalkeepers in the league. All of them could be starters for us. Our 3rd choice defender for me, ahead of Gabriel and Mert.

Jeff - So obviously very talented, but he is getting a few chances to impress this season and he doesnt seem to be taking them. We haven't yet seen a goal, or even a decisive pass. He has a languid lazy style of play and it doesn't look like he is busting a gut out there. Considering the competition he really needs to do more if he wants to make it here.

Jenkinson - Useful backup for us to have, but i dont think he is quite at the standard to be starting for us yet. The fullback positions are the only ones i feel need new signings, as we need better backup for Monreal and competition for Bellerin.

Niles - Still looks like it is a little too early for him. Has looked a little overawed everytime i have seen him in the first team.

Ox - I had written him off, but like Theo he seems to have been reborn this season. Needs to carry on like this now. If we can get Ox to finally deliver on his potential, then he has the physical attributes to rip this league apart.

RUS arsenal

Established Member

Amazing from Giroud. How he saw Ox I do not know, and that bouncing ball, like he wanted Ox to hit that on the half volley... and he did it without getting his beard tangled up what a guy
Özil-like awareness, he knew if he rolls that ball to Ox on the ground, a lucky fan in the nosebleeds will end up with a souvenir :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom