• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,744
  • Views 1,154,789

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
@Aevius

Not man of the match... U-18 I think have lost last two games.

Malen did though feature in our u23 win over Derby as a sub. He still has a lot of time on his side!
He got a goal and an assist in our last game, we won 3-0.

Yeah, that was a nice little game to watch. AMN had an impressive midfield performance, Jeff was good in parts but a bit self-indulgent at times in possession.

Nelson had a fantastic first half then faded a bit in influence in the 2nd, although he was still dangerous. Willock was decent in the first half and got better in the 2nd. Mavididi had also had a decent first half with some good moments then put in a MOTM display in the 2nd. Some of his dribbling and links with his fellow attackers was highly impressive, and he also got the pivotal goal that gave us back the momentum. His strength, speed and powerful running really caused problems and he was as diligent as he was hard working. He continues to play like that and he'll need to play first team football, maybe on loan.

Felt bad for Akpom, he was really poor and lacking in match fitness. Nketiah came on and immediately showed the initiative, movement and intelligence needed up front. Got a goal and an assist. He's well on his way to becoming top dog in that attack.

Goes without saying, Bielik and Sheaf were pretty untroubled and dealt with most threats. Bramall and Johnson were perhaps a bit less secure. Bramall looked out of sync with his teammates but I expected that.

Jeff and Maitland-Niles were solid in the midfield.

It was about time Jeff was moved in that position. I think he could flourish there given time! He is not a goal scorer and given modern game I don't think he should be tried out as a winger anymore.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Jeff and Maitland-Niles were solid in the midfield.

It was about time Jeff was moved in that position. I think he could flourish there given time! He is not a goal scorer and given modern game I don't think he should be tried out as a winger anymore.
He's terrible in front of goal IMO, he's better using his dribbling and passing in deeper positions.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Are none of the u-23 lads going on loan? Willock, Mavidi, bielik ?
No idea. Wenger seems to want to keep them here, and I can see why given how terrible some of our loans have been of late.

Mavididi and Willock absolutely need to play first team football. Willock's done all he can at U23. Mavididi too, in fact his last game he was outstanding. He's physically ready at least. Bielik definitely needs a loan too. A lot of our U23s are performing beyond the level. Probably the only ones who probably should stay is Nelson and Nketiah (although I wouldn't be against a Nelson loan if they find the right team). They are both still 17 and while the former doesn't have much to prove at this level now, they still need a bit more experience at U23 level.

More importantly, the right teams need to be found for a suitable loan. Especially a talent like Willock.

Jack the lad

Why so long until next match, im itching to see it. I was hoping willock, mavidi and Nelson would go on great loans and be ready next season :(

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

A few clips of Mavididi's general play so far this season.

Wenga speaks highly of Bennacer:

http://dailycannon.com/2017/01/wenger-arsenal-youngster-isnt-spectacular/

I had thought he had gone under the radar, but the bossman seems to have kept track
Yeah, Wenger will like Bennacer. He's tenacious, and a good technician. He's not big or strong but he's got fight and he's more than competent on the ball. He's a bit like Verratti in style.

Why so long until next match, im itching to see it. I was hoping willock, mavidi and Nelson would go on great loans and be ready next season :(
I am hoping that there are some loans. It's not like there is a lot of U23 football to be played - no more EFL games and the next FA cup game is against Southampton. No Youth Cup (Nelson getting sent off definitely did not help that cause) and no UYL. These guys need more than sporadic U23 games. Mavididi and Willock in particular have nothing to gain other than minutes. Nelson........well, he and Nketiah might benefit from staying but even Nelson looks advanced at U23 level. Nketiah has only just broken into the U23 team. With Mavididi going, he gets much needed minutes at that level and he can then continue to display good form for the U23s.

16114622_10154625167702713_3421390577390926776_n.jpg

Top Bottom