• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2016/17 season

Where will Arsenal finish this season?

• Total voters

Optimistic

No way we suddenly change into a team capable of steamrollering our way to the title. Does anyone actually expect us to go to Stanford Bridge and win?
Did anyone expect Swansea to beat Liverpool at home? Did anyone expect Arsenal to spank Chelsea 3-0?... Did anyone expect Leicester to win the league last year?!

We all know it's unlikely. We all know it's Chelsea's title to lose and to stand a chance we're gonna have to play uncharacteristically well for the remainder of the season.

But until such a time comes that we mathematically cannot win, I for one am going to remain... unpessimistic.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The xG hipsters reckon what Chelsea is doing isn't sustainable and they'll suffer a major drop in form/results sooner or later.

Though the same crowd had us winning the title last season at this stage.

Sir Bump

Unhealthy obsession with Aaron Ramsey
We beat them a few months ago. Law of averages tells you we won't do it again.
Especially not with a Coq-Ramsey midfield and Giroud up top.
My view is we will get outplayed pretty convincingly.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
The xG hipsters reckon what Chelsea is doing isn't sustainable and they'll suffer a major drop in form/results sooner or later.

Though the same crowd had us winning the title last season at this stage.

I do believe Chelsea will drop somewhat. The problem is that we won't win the games we need to win to capitalize. Nothing I've seen recently (or for the last couple of years for that matter) has shown otherwise.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
It's simple.We need to perform well in big matches now,that's the only way to win the EPL.Chelsea also didn't play well against top 6,but they still took more points than us until now.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The worst thing about the Chelsea game is that Cazorla won't be there to coach us to victory like he did the time we beat City away.

Sir Bump

Unhealthy obsession with Aaron Ramsey
We are the only team that has to play all 5 left.
If we don't beat Chelsea, we are not winning the title, it's our only way of at least staying in touch.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
We were so **** at Bridge in recent years.Always played so bad.I can't remember some good game from Arsenal apart from that 5-3 victory when fraud Boas was manager.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
So tough to predict how the top 6 will finish, other than 1st, which will be Chelsea. This is my current prediction. Sp**s have got a lot of the toughest fixtures out of the way, so if their less deep squad can hold up they should knick second from Arsenal. They'll need to play their second 11 in the FA Cup and Europe though, or get knocked out early. The other three teams are extremely difficult to predict but Man Utd don't have a rubbish defense and have the momentum.
  1. Chelsea
  2. Sp**s
  3. Arsenal
  4. Man Utd
  5. Man City
  6. Liverpool

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
So tough to predict how the top 6 will finish, other than 1st, which will be Chelsea. This is my current prediction. Sp**s have got a lot of the toughest fixtures out of the way, so if their less deep squad can hold up they should knick second from Arsenal. They'll need to play their second 11 in the FA Cup and Europe though, or get knocked out early. The other three teams are extremely difficult to predict but Man Utd don't have a rubbish defense and have the momentum.
  1. Chelsea
  2. Sp**s
  3. Arsenal
  4. Man Utd
  5. Man City
  6. Liverpool

Liverpool 6-th ? Don't think so mate.Apart from City,they have all tough fixtures at home.They'll maybe lose one game at Anfield in those matches.City and United out of top 4 for me.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
Liverpool 6-th ? Don't think so mate.Apart from City,they have all tough fixtures at home.They'll maybe lose one game at Anfield in those matches.City and United out of top 4 for me.

Like I say, it is very hard to predict. A lot depends on how they react to having Mane back from AFCON. Also, maybe if they get a left-back in the transfer window? I haven't been keeping up with the transfer gossip. Utd have the momentum and Liverpool, right now, look like they're stumbling. A couple of weeks back I thought Pool looked like they could finish second.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Like I say, it is very hard to predict. A lot depends on how they react to having Mane back from AFCON. Also, maybe if they get a left-back in the transfer window? I haven't been keeping up with the transfer gossip. Utd have the momentum and Liverpool, right now, look like they're stumbling. A couple of weeks back I thought Pool looked like they could finish second.

Yes,Mane will miss a few games now.The thing is that United already dropped a lot of points against small sides at Old Trafford and i don't think that they will beat some of the big sides.They also have to play Europe.Liverpool can smash a lot of teams at home.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Yes,Mane will miss a few games now.The thing is that United already dropped a lot of points against small sides at Old Trafford and i don't think that they will beat some of the big sides.They also have to play Europe.Liverpool can smash a lot of teams at home.

Swansea were supposed to be on the end of a supposed thrashing & look how that turned out. There're no easy games in this league, but the top 6 are somewhat consistent against the tables remaining occupants so it's a necessity to win the mini league to come out on top.

Win at Stamford Bridge by any means & we're in the thick of it again with renewed vigour, but it's all moot if we manage to **** it up against Watford.

Last edited:

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Swansea were supposed to be on the end of a supposed thrashing & look how that turned out. There're no easy games in this league, but the top 6 are somewhat consistent against the tables remaining occupants it's a necessity to win the mini league to come out on top.

Win at Stamford Bridge by any means & we're in the thick of it again with renewed vigour, but it's all moot if we manage to **** it up against Watford.

Bad days can happen.United had that bad row of draw matches at Old Traffod,otherwise they would be close to Chelsea now.We'll see at the end of the season where will teams finish.

That can be tough task tbh.Chelsea always finds a way to beat us there and count our **** game in most big matches.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Bad days can happen.United had that bad row of draw matches at Old Traffod,otherwise they would be close to Chelsea now.We'll see at the end of the season where will teams finish.

That can be tough task tbh.Chelsea always finds a way to beat us there and count our **** game in most big matches.

True, they've had our number for the last few seasons, but I'm somewhat optimistic that they're at home & Conte is not as cautious as Mourinho is when it comes to formulating a game plan.

He'll come at us to attack which can be to our advantage if we manage to adapt a bit of pragmatism and try to catch them on the break. They've the players to hurt us but we can do similar damage if we've got our tactics spot on. It's too early to dwell on this as we have Watford first & I don't want us looking at Chelsea & shrugging them as a guaranteed 3 points, such arrogance never pays off for us :lol:

Polar Bear

If we want any chance of the prem title then its vital we beat Chelsea, we can't even draw against them, a draw is a loss at that stage, we will have to win and get the 3 points. I am concerned about how slow we start games and Chelsea will be very hard to score against, we must be right on it from the first second.

Watford and Hull are nice games before the Chelsea game, BUT we still have to show up and play 100%, even if you think Watford and Hull are crap. We must beat them both because anything less than 6 points and we must as well forget about the Chelsea stuff.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Our tails may be up at the moment, but I still cannot see us winning the league this season.

I think we could compete for second place however.

Fourth most likely for me though. Liverpool and City/Sp**s are going to remain in the mix, despite our sprint for the final spots. This could be the year that Sp**s out do us as well.

For me; personally I am after 80+ points. That would be an achievement in itself.

Top Bottom