• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I think Wenger has a lot of exceptional qualities and what he has achieved over the years with little spending (be that maybe in itself one of his issues) is something very few other could have done. But unfortunately he has a few rather large glaring problems that have mostly come from being in the same place too long with zero pressure. A proper footballing board would have solved a lot of problems. The Kroenke takeover was a disaster for the club, the ****.

Could actually live with him staying another 2 years if it meant the board could be overhauled with real football people like ex-Arsenal players - with the ability to put pressure on Wenger and perhaps enforce some staff changes.

I've thought for some time that if Wenger had a quality assistant who he listened to and allowed to take control of large chunks of training, tactical research and such - he would win things. His stubbornness has to be his Achilles heel.

Last edited:

Wenger problem is that he has another ideas and values now than what made him succesful earlier in his career here.

I always think like that he won division by going through it unbeaten that he also wants to proof that his we-are-family/keeping the squad to gether/putting extra faith in players works too.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
@say yes posted some stat earlier this season about our subs. We concede least and score most after we make subs...

Its probably not telling stat but at least something.
Proves nothing. There will be occasions where subs have come when we're comfortable and added a goal or two. We win more games then we lose, therefore the stats are going to be in Wenger's favour. Problem is, Wenger's subs come in exactly the same times in games whether we're winning or losing, playing well or not. If we can't see the problem with that, I'm officially retiring from football watching and follow bowls instead.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Would love to give @rich 1990 some of that vx nerve agent treatment.
I've no idea what that is.

I'm trying to be as objective on Wenger as I can. I don't criticise him relentlessly, I don't hero worship him. People views have become warped. People praise him between 06-13, neglecting some of the ridiculous decisions he made. I respect him but I don't get blinded by time

Preacher

Always Crying
I don't fully agree with this, but looks like, that some Arsenal fans are organizing 'Wenger Out' protest march before the game against Bayern on March 7th.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Do DT and the like really think they can enforce change of that extent. The players want Wenger and the board wants Wenger. The shortlist for season tickets will ensure the board will give zero ****s about the march.

Not saying their negligence is a good thing but I seriously doubt a march is going to do anything more than ruin the image of Arsenal fans.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Do DT and the like really think they can enforce change of that extent. The players want Wenger and the board wants Wenger. The shortlist for season tickets will ensure the board will give zero ****s about the march.

Not saying their negligence is a good thing but I seriously doubt a march is going to do anything more than ruin the image of Arsenal fans.

Look at what happened when Liverpool fans walked out of the stadium over ticket prices. The media and the football business people want you to believe that the fans have no power, that they should just shut up and throw their money onto the pitch, but the truth is that fans protesting their own club is too much of a PR disaster for the club to bear. You can't ruin the image of Arsenal fans without ruining the image of Arsenal FC. That's why we are seeing a media blitz defending Wenger, no one would have bothered wasting their time on worthless whining fans if their actions are not working, not pushing Wenger on the brink.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I don't fully agree with this, but looks like, that some Arsenal fans are organizing 'Wenger Out' protest march before the game against Bayern on March 7th.

I fully disagree and hopefully it wont happen (but knowing those guys its gonna happen)
Thing is, Those doing the march are like lot leaa then 1% of Arsenal supporters around the globe. Its a shame they have that chance while moat of us dont, and its them who are going to be heard or seen. Wenger is a smart guy, and he'll know its just a little group of fans, but still...all that makes me a bit sad. Most of fans are too blind to see the whole picture and to think deeper and smarter. If they could, they would find tons of better ways to show their disappointment

Aevi

Hale End FC
Hopefully that drives Wenger and the players to show up and maybe pull a crazy comeback out of the air. What better way to prove them wrong...

Not a fan of the march though, the tie isn't over. We could pull out a solid victory at home to restore some dignity, or even actually win over two ties, who knows... if that happens, the march will be humiliated to no end and "Wenger Out" will lose a lot of credibility. I'd be better to wait and see what happens first.

OShea's2010

Are you talking about for your boy OShea? Or Arsenal?

Is that the season when Eduardo leg got snapped off by some orc? Gallas crying because Clichy gave away some stupid penalty.

Think that i s where something went wrong with our mentality and hasn't been fixed since then.
Yeah, was a great season until it derailed. thought the players would have been fired up trying to win it for Eduardo but it went the other way for some reason

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
if it's true that Özil, Sanchez and others want Wenger to stay, this sort of demonstration will not help to persuade them to sign new contracts - it will just sow further doubt and confusion all round

I would be up for a change of manager - though my first choice would be to give Wenger one more year and chuck a ton of cash at him, and insist he spend it - but I'm beginning to think it would be better all round if a decision either way is announced now, to end this media frenzy

bagel70

Hopefully that drives Wenger and the players to show up and maybe pull a crazy comeback out of the air. What better way to prove them wrong...

Not a fan of the march though, the tie isn't over. We could pull out a solid victory at home to restore some dignity, or even actually win over two ties, who knows... if that happens, the march will be humiliated to no end and "Wenger Out" will lose a lot of credibility. I'd be better to wait and see what happens first.

The protest shouldn't even be done on matchday. It should be on Mondays or Wednesdays at the corporate offices to let the board know we are serious. Block Gazidis' car from entering the car park to let him know we are fed up with Arsenal being just a "successful business model" to them (Wenger included). Protest outside the Arsenal store to let their profiteering we are still fans not just customers.

FreakySami

This whole season the media have been after arsenal even when we were doing well. They were always after arsenal during all of Wenger's tenure. The board didn't give a **** about media coverage then and they won't care now. In any business, you have measurements to see if you performed and under performed. They will do the analysis objectively and not subjectively like moody fans do.

This man can stay as long as he wants and nobody can say anything. Fans will moan but they have no facts except 12 years of mediocrity which is bullshit because we were expecting to not perform for at least 10 years. In that regard, we improved greatly and overachieved.

Last three years were good too. Better than most ever thought at the beginning of each season. If we took every pundit and fan, we wrote down their initial prediction and looked at the end of the season, we would see that we performed well and that's the problem.

People make predictions at the beginning of the season then act like total ... Idiots instead of supporting the team. Entitled pieces of... I'll stop here because it disgusts me.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Would love to give @rich 1990 some of that vx nerve agent treatment.

??
1224.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom