• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBL

Established Member
Like him as a player and he has been in excellent form recently. Would be a shame to lose him, personally wouldn't be selling him/Özil for at least one more season.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Like him as a player and he has been in excellent form recently. Would be a shame to lose him, personally wouldn't be selling him/Özil for at least one more season.
if we get top 4 and/or win EL I would like to see Emery continuing with most of the current squad, in hopes the improvement continues, whilst gradually bringing in the best of the youngsters

we seem to play best when the squad is more or less stable, so why risk it by adding mediocre players, when we can improve the ones we have

Mustafi excepted

HBL

Established Member
if we get top 4 and/or win EL I would like to see Emery continuing with most of the current squad, in hopes the improvement continues, whilst gradually bringing in the best of the youngsters

we seem to play best when the squad is more or less stable, so why risk it by adding mediocre players, when we can improve the ones we have

Mustafi excepted

Mustafi excepted
Yeah agreed. Not sure how much truth there is in the Özil/Mkhi out rumours, could just be lazy journalism. Don’t see how can be so desperate to cut wages with the players we already know are leaving plus a few others. Ramsey, Welbeck, Cech, Elneny, Jenkinson, Mustafi, Chambers, Ospina and Lich all likely to go. That’s surely about 600k off the wage bill between those players?

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Yeah agreed. Not sure how much truth there is in the Özil/Mkhi out rumours, could just be lazy journalism. Don’t see how can be so desperate to cut wages with the players we already know are leaving plus a few others. Ramsey, Welbeck, Cech, Elneny, Jenkinson, Mustafi, Chambers, Ospina and Lich all likely to go. That’s surely about 600k off the wage bill between those players?
Some will leave for certain but I don’t see we can offload all of them in just one transfer window.
I don’t find Özil and Mkhitaryan irreplaceable, there are many young talent out there with crazy skills, creativity and good passing.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Whilst I agree most of those will leave on frees or for nominal sums. Miki may still fetch a decent fee and remove a sizeable wage burden.

I hope we keep Chambers also. I've been hugely impressed with him this season. On his current form and team situation if he wasn't an Arsenal player already I'd want us in for him.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Hope he goes, for us and him. Never smiles, performing awfully

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Mikhi is a disgrace btw. Can’t have people hiding, guy has no fight.

Take a loss and get rid because guys like him are a cancer.

Same can be said about Özil you're right mate.
Can't have those type of player having such important wages & role at our club.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He’ll have a say.

I mean I’m willing to back this squad being totally dismantled, whoever does it.

Doubt he’s going to put the best interests of the club first.

If it comes down to a player who might be world class in five years or an average player who can produce now it’s not hard to guess who he’ll take.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
Doubt he’s going to put the best interests of the club first.

If it comes down to a player who might be world class in five years or an average player who can produce now it’s not hard to guess who he’ll take.
I don't understand why you say Emery won't act in the best interest of the club. He's employed here. Do you think his decisions this season have come from a desire to sabotage the club?

Also, he's played Guendouzi and Micki this year. Guendouzi is pretty highly rated even though many on here have been absolutely slating him lately. But he could conceivably become world class in 5 years, despite his lesser performances recently. But Micki's been totally average (at best!) and has played plenty. Emery has gone with both a little youth and average veterans. Which of the hypothetical players you mentioned do you think he'll go with? I don't find it as easy a guess as you do. Maybe I'm too dense to see it, but I'm interested in your opinion on this.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

I'm not anxious to see Özil or Mkhitaryan go, but if Emery believes others will better fit his system then I'm fully on board. It would certainly open up more wages and bring something in transfer fees. Mustafi has to go. If they do nothing else -- even if they buy nobody -- Mustafi needs to go (obviously my preference is to replace him with somebody good). I like Elneny. Good squad player. But he doesn't seem to be in Emery's plans and there are places he can go and play. It's past time for Jenkinson to move on as well.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see at least one of Monreal and/or Kolasinac go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom