• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Özil aint going out like that.

giphy.gif

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
He could’ve gone there and played Champions League, win a French league title, still get paid the same wages. It’s a train ride from his London base as well.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Think the fact he's getting these offers points to him leaving in the summer

progman07

Established Member
No way are we going to let Ramsey, Özil, Mkhitaryan and Welbeck during this summer.

We would be left with Auba, Laca and Iwobi for 4 positions in the first team, and 4 positions in the squad. What the actual **** would that be? We aren't going to buy 5 attackers.

I cannot imagine how we could solve Ramsey AND Özil leaving, when our attack was thin even with them. We are lucky Auba & Laca didn't get injured because I cannot even imagine what would have happened if they picked up a knock...

blaze_of_glory

If we lose Özil, Ramsey and Mikhi in one window we are going to need to sign a absolute top class attacking mid as well as a CM. And I just don't see that happening given lack of resources and the other areas that already need improving (CB, winger, RB, LB, etc).

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
All I can do is ask his die-hards this: Would you be happy with Özil being happy to play most of his football at home, in order to stay at Arsenal? Not that I think it will get to that, because I'm sure Emery will get rid of him rather than keep him on for home games.

This is a player we must keep and build a squad on. It has been proven that we are much better with him in the team than not. It will cost to much replacing him!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It has been proven that we are much better with him in the team than not. It will cost to much replacing him!
This is not true. The 'proof' says we have got better results without him, not that I personally pay any attention to the 'with him, without him' silly argument, because there are too many other factors for it to be worth anything.

progman07

Established Member
All I can do is ask his die-hards this: Would you be happy with Özil being happy to play most of his football at home, in order to stay at Arsenal? Not that I think it will get to that, because I'm sure Emery will get rid of him rather than keep him on for home games.
This is valid, but out of context though.

Context is, how do you imagine our squad if we let Özil & Ramsey (Welbeck is sure to leave as well) go?

Auba/Laca
Iwobi/LW AM/AM Mikhartian/RW
Xhaka/CM Torreira/Guendouzi

Do we realistically sign an LW, two AMs and an RW? Or do we put everything on unproven youngsters to make up the squad places? What will happen to the CM position? These are all necessary questions when we assess Özil's future.

And yes, ideally we would have replaced Özil with a different kind of player 2 years ago when he still had market value.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
This is valid, but out of context though.

Context is, how do you imagine our squad if we let Özil & Ramsey (Welbeck is sure to leave as well) go?

Auba/Laca
Iwobi/LW AM/AM Mikhartian/RW
Xhaka/CM Torreira/Guendouzi

Do we realistically sign an LW, two AMs and an RW? Or do we put everything on unproven youngsters to make up the squad places? What will happen to the CM position? These are all necessary questions when we assess Özil's future.

And yes, ideally we would have replaced Özil with a different kind of player 2 years ago when he still had market value.
We'll obviously sign players. Ramsey is gone and I cant see Emery suddenly deciding to play Özil in all our away games, like you should be able to do with your most decorated player, so he'd have to sell him. We'll need established quality and we'll go out to try and get it. If he didn't, he'd deserve the sack.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
No way are we going to let Ramsey, Özil, Mkhitaryan and Welbeck during this summer.

We would be left with Auba, Laca and Iwobi for 4 positions in the first team, and 4 positions in the squad. What the actual **** would that be? We aren't going to buy 5 attackers.

I cannot imagine how we could solve Ramsey AND Özil leaving, when our attack was thin even with them. We are lucky Auba & Laca didn't get injured because I cannot even imagine what would have happened if they picked up a knock...

Whilst I'd keep Özil I think the rest should all be shown the door. Such an overhaul is exactly what we need.

We should target one topclass winger like Zaha, the rest of those outgoings can and should be replaced with our massive talent-pool that we already have at the club.

Play them or loose them for peanuts and regret afterwards.

The central focus should then be put on getting a topclass CB, LB and CM.

progman07

Established Member
Whilst I'd keep Özil I think the rest should all be shown the door. Such an overhaul is exactly what we need.

We should target one topclass winger like Zaha, the rest of those outgoings can and should be replaced with our massive talent-pool that we already have at the club.

Play them or loose them for peanuts and regret afterwards.
As much as I'd love Nelson and the other guys to succeed, I don't see that - we don't have a Cesc Fabregas or Robin van Persie knocking on the 1st team's door, not even a Wilshere. It would be a gamble, also a gamble Emery doesn't seem to prefer based on his squad choices this year.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
As much as I'd love Nelson and the other guys to succeed, I don't see that - we don't have a Cesc Fabregas or Robin van Persie knocking on the 1st team's door, not even a Wilshere. It would be a gamble, also a gamble Emery doesn't seem to prefer based on his squad choices this year.

Let's aree to disagree.

I've rarely seen players as talented as Amaechi, Willock, ESR , Saka, Nketiah, Nelson.. coming through our ranks. It's incredible.

Can see at least half of them becoming a mainstay for many years to come in the first team, if we finally learn to integrate talents in our team again and dont block their chances by mediocre backups like Perez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom