• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I dont have too many bad words for any of the players today except maybe AMN because other than his assist he had a game that rivals his horror show v Everton. They weren't good but they were hamstrung from the start IMO.

The structure of our attack and defense in equal measure is seemingly being lost in translation or is just not strong enough. In attack, I thought our moves were static and predictable and luckily our second goal was a rare occasion where we put it together nicely and it resulted in a finish.

The wingers dont seem to know whether to stick wide or cut in, midfielders are structured poorly in possession and only Auba and Özil were doing any significant moving around. So much of our play revolves around full backs but due to their inconsistency in the final 3rd it doesn't seem right to persist with this while Bellerin and Tierney are still injured.

He also took off virtually every player capable of holding the ball under pressure. I have no qualms with the subs made but they should have taken off different people. Watford were up for this but we did not play smartly at all and I think that's down to Emery ultimately. I'm fast losing patience with him in many respects. That he is seemingly finally giving some minutes to the younger players is his only saving grace for me but even then, I dont think his tactics are really bringing the best out of them right now.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think either way even we finished top 4 but the performance still being defensive and mistakes still there we will make the change. He need to fix up quick Raul edu help him to have good team or he could lose the job.

Even tho these kind of managers don't change they stick with thier philosophy.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Got to remember that Raul & the other guy got promoted a level above after Ivan jumped ship.

This is not their manager & if we fail to achieve goals its either a new manager or CEO above them at some point. Whats in their interest?

I actually believe that Emery was Rauls option when they discussed possible managers.

JoaoFelix

Imagine seriously suggesting Simeone, Mourinho or Wenger. As always the players seem to be getting away with a lot, no problem with the criticism of Emery as it's definitely warranted but the lack of effort the players showed at times was embarrassing. Our full backs, midfield and forward players were consistently jogging back instead of sprinting. We made Capoue/Doucoure look like a Vieira/Gilberto partnership.
Lampard has an average team and you can see they have a clear style of play. THEY SHOT 31 TIMES. We are talking about Watford Football Club, not liveprool. Yes, we should blame the players too but emery, lol. No style, no identity, wrong line up, keeps playing xhaka, nothing.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

We weren't bad. Are you ****ing kidding me? We were ****. Thanks to Auba, cause we weren't even offensive. It's always the same thing with that stupid coach. He makes the team play like we are stoke. We conceded 25 shots against Watford. We conceded more than 15 shots against burnley. What are his tactic? What is he trying to do with that team? His philosphy?

Yep, everyone just ****s themselves because we let Watford have possession and a few shots. Second half was a disaster, I've said that.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
He gets time till Holding, Bellerin and Tierney return. If the football/results dont improve then its time to say goodbye Emery, thanks for no memories.

JoaoFelix

Yep, everyone just ****s themselves because we let Watford have possession and a few shots. Second half was a disaster, I've said that.
That's not emery's fault?

How do you explain this then?

Arsenal attempts on goal vs. opponents attempts on goal this season:
Newcastle 9-8 Arsenal
Arsenal 15-18 Burnley
Liverpool 25-8 Arsenal
Arsenal 26-13 Tottenham
Watford 31-7 Arsenal

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
He gets time till Holding, Bellerin and Tierney return. If the football/results dont improve then its time to say goodbye Emery, thanks for no memories.
Oh yeah! The FB football revolution! Fullbacks are the new football creators! So we won’t need the midfield! That’s why Emery doesn’t even care the midfield!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Tactics when we went 2-0 up were baffling, we didn’t really look to play on the counter at all until Watford had equalised.

He’s so passive as a manager, we seem to go a goal or two up and pray we don’t concede. We were lucky to hang on in the first two games and come away with wins.

Finishing top four was the minimum expectation this season. It would be a disaster if we don’t get it. Utd and Chelsea are basically tanking ffs so him getting us there shouldn’t make his job safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom