• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
The same was said when we couldn't create any chances, "just play Özil"! There you go, still no chances created! It looks like football doesn't work like that :)
Literally still shots of Özil in the match thread doing everything to create opportunities and his team mates passing it backwards. Go look, they're there...

uriazu

Torreira and Douzy are not good, but Xhaqa is awful.
It would have been worst with him there yesterday.
Please please god take him and Emery away from our team

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I’m not sure if this is well understood here but we have both systemic and individual quality issues.

Our midfield has zero athleticism outside of Willock, and we don’t press effectively from the front.

That has little to do with Xhaka individually being one of the worst regular midfielders we’ve had. Wouldn’t get near Ndidi and Tielemens.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
No, Emery football doesn't work like that .
Ye that's fine but when people know how Emery likes to play why do we still expect Özil to create chances? You know he will have to chase shadows for 90 min and will get 5 touches. It doesn't make sense to play him at all if that's the case, better play Martinelli who is happy to run 90+ minutes and chase the ball.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Ye that's fine but when people know how Emery likes to play why do we still expect Özil to create chances? You know he will have to chase shadows for 90 min and will get 5 touches. It doesn't make sense to play him at all if that's the case, better play Martinelli who is happy to run 90+ minutes and chase the ball.

I actually don't expect Özil to create a lot of chances in this system , he looked like he was playing furthest forward in this system , often making runs off the ball past the defenders which no one seemed to notice.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
"When my shirt number lit up on the board of the fourth official and then broke jealous jubilation of their own fans, that hit me very much and stirred up," Xhaka told Swiss newspaper Blick.

It was very painful and frustrating. For me, this reaction is still incomprehensible, especially in this vehemence and how extremely hostile I was here. Since I can remember, the fans are an integral part of my sport. And I have a lot of respect from the beginning for the commitment and hardships fans take to help us players. Justifiable criticism of them makes you grow as an athlete. And the power and energy that they put into the game makes every athlete love football even more. I feel like part of a big football family.

But when you get scolded by this very footballing family in times when you are already being attacked massively, it hurts a lot. By that I do not mean that I can not stand criticism. If I and the team do not play well, we have to listen to it and work on it. But if you offend and insult your own captain, bring restlessness and bad mood into the team you actually support. That makes no sense to me and weakens the cohesion."

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Emery and Xhaka are perfect for each other. They should leave this unjust club and look for more appreciative pastures

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Ye that's fine but when people know how Emery likes to play why do we still expect Özil to create chances?

We still don't know if Emery knows how Emery likes to play, do we? What have you seen so far that has convinced you that Emery has a strategy, formation, and preferred style of play? The man makes excuses and throws our players under the bus when they under perform due to not having a clue as to what Emery wants to do on a weekly basis.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Xhaka is right to feel the way he does.
That doesn't make sense. There is no 'right' way to feel about anything. You feel how you feel. Is it ok if he feels like that? Sure. Anyone would feel pissed, sad or upset if they thought the crowd were on their backs. Yeah, he was justifiably upset if he took that way... Nobody would argue that :lol:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Which is all he needed to say, without blaming all sorts of other ****.
People who can't admit they're wrong will try to take another route rather than just getting to the point.

He finally makes a valid excuse. The abuse he and his wife got had nothing to do with Arsenal fans in the stadium. Do Rashford, Pogba and Abraham blame their fans for the racism they get from people online? No. Because they can see the difference.

The jeers he got in previous games got to him, and he connected that to the abuse he got online. He started feeling sorry for himself and then did this. Natural selection, I feel bad for him but he's not captain material here.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

Seem Xhaka was more angry when fans were happy that he'll be subbed off

Of course he was.

Wonder if those booing **** will celebrate subs now that we're still sh!t and even worse without him?

Not to mention the clueless lot on here chatting sh!t as per usual and saying stuff that we'll be better off without him. How's that working out. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom