• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

In all fairness, I never liked Gerrard as a player but he's doing good things at Rangers - has them playing good football and a very solid record with them in Europa (they're unbeaten at home in Europe since Gerrard took over). Everyone seems to be talking about Arteta as a manager just because Pep and Wenger said he could be one but Gerrard has actually went out a proved it. Plus he would likely leave Rangers in an instant if a big English club came calling.
No he certainly hasn't done a failed job at Rangers, he has been pretty decent with them, I'd have no issues with giving him a go for a year or 2. Only thing that gets me wondering, I wonder if because he never played for us he'd even be willing to come over if we offered him a contract.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Onto managerial candidates again, I know Gerrard had nothing to do with Arsenal & most of us probably disliked him (I didn't dislike him) btw haha, would anyone consider & accept, back him to take over?

No, why on earth should we have Steven Gerrard managing us? If we are to try an inexperienced manager, at least give it to a former player.

In reality, if we go down that route, we might as well give it to Freddie as an interim manager.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Onto managerial candidates again, I know Gerrard had nothing to do with Arsenal & most of us probably disliked him (I didn't dislike him) btw haha, would anyone consider & accept, back him to take over?
He must be on alot of clubs radars. I like he took a risk as flopping first job could be a career killer for a big name player.... Just have to look at Thierry & Neville. Kind of easy sitting at #2 or an assistant.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

He must be on alot of clubs radars. I like he took a risk as flopping first job could be a career killer for a big name player.... Just have to look at Thierry & Neville. Kind of easy sitting at #2 or an assistant.
Yeah I suppose some former players that take up manager roles are not cut out for head manager roles, some might just be best as assistant & that's as far as they take it, even just head academy, reserve team head managers. Some may be cut out for manager roles but only lower teams, not big team managers.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Would you take Pochettino if he resigns/gets fired by Tottenham?
Over Emery sure but he seems very loyal.

On Barce link a few years ago.

“But I am an Espanyol supporter. I don’t think I need to speak too much. It’s like if one day [the Tottenham chairman] Daniel Levy sacked me – in a few years it would be impossible for me to manage Arsenal. In football I know it is so difficult to keep your values and to be loyal – with your heart and emotion. But for me before being a manager, before being a player, being loyal is more important. I am an Espanyol fan. I love Espanyol. It’s like Tottenham for me now. It will be impossible, one day, to move to Arsenal. It will be impossible.”

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
If Rose wins the Bundesliga chances on him?

Depends on him. From what I know of him, I don't judge him as the guy to leave a club after only one season. Also, Gladbach seem like they've finally got the last important piece of the puzzle in Rose to get back to the top. Gladbach is very much in order: good finances, outstanding DoF, alright academy, international football, decent squad. I can very much see them emulate the Dortmund Klopp era with Rose and I doubt he'd swap that for a club in turmoil like Arsenal.

It's something that I have spoken about before, but Arsenal's stock has seriously taken a hit over here. The club's a laughing stock, even in comparison to Wenger's last years - back then people would shake their heads because the club wasn't doing that well in comparison to the best Wenger days. But nowadays all of my football watching friends laugh about how **** Arsenal has become. I don't think Arsenal is that much more attractive than Gladbach to a guy like Marco Rose. Sure, there's more money, but overall Gladbach is just the way more organized and settled employer with a bigger shot at the Bundesliga title and CL footie - as things stand. Backroom turmoil and PR smear campaigns against players and staff don't really help to lighten up the image and draw of current Arsenal.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Depends on him. From what I know of him, I don't judge him as the guy to leave a club after only one season. Also, Gladbach seem like they've finally got the last important piece of the puzzle in Rose to get back to the top. Gladbach is very much in order: good finances, outstanding DoF, alright academy, international football, decent squad. I can very much see them emulate the Dortmund Klopp era with Rose and I doubt he'd swap that for a club in turmoil like Arsenal.

It's something that I have spoken about before, but Arsenal's stock has seriously taken a hit over here. The club's a laughing stock, even in comparison to Wenger's last years - back then people would shake their heads because the club wasn't doing that well in comparison to the best Wenger days. But nowadays all of my football watching friends laugh about how **** Arsenal has become. I don't think Arsenal is that much more attractive than Gladbach to a guy like Marco Rose. Sure, there's more money, but overall Gladbach is just the way more organized and settled employer with a bigger shot at the Bundesliga title and CL footie - as things stand. Backroom turmoil and PR smear campaigns against players and staff don't really help to lighten up the image and draw of current Arsenal.

Bleak. Could we get Lowe at least?

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Bleak. Could we get Lowe at least?

giphy.gif

dbig

Should be selling the club and vision to Erik ten Hag in preparation for next summer. United should do the same but we won't.
Can he organise a defense, though? We did all this tippy tappy fancy passing attacking stuff under Wenger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom