• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

22/23 Season Review

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Sure:

Player of The Season: Ødegaard
Young Player of The Season: Saka
Goal of The Season: Partey vs. Sp**s
Signing of The Season: Zinchenko because of his fit in the tactical setup, Jesus if we're talking pure value for money.
Most Improved: Xhaka
Biggest Disappointment (player): Partey.
Lowest Point of The Season: Partey actually playing.
Best Team Performance: 2-0 win away at Newcastle, given the narrative in the build up and the stakes at play for both clubs.
Best Individual Performance: Jesus at home vs Leicester in a 4-2 win. 2 goals, 2 assists, was completely unplayable, glided around every defender.
Favourite Moment: Rice mugging Partey after having to listen to how awful and overrated Rice is for months :lol: From an Arsenal perspective, obviously the Nelson goal.
I was gonna go through West Ham’s 20+ losses to find all of times Rice was mugged off last season but there was just too many examples would’ve taken way too long because there were also moments in the wins and draws too.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Reading all the great replies and remembering all the great moments I cannot help feel bitter that we didn't win the league! 😢 This last month or so really stings! 🤬
Wonder why we actually collapsed so badly because I’m not sure it’s just on Holding. Like Ramsdale was awful vs Southampton for example or all of Partey’s bad games.

I think you can point fingers at the manager because it was two seasons in a row we collapsed at the end but then the question is if we were performing above our level anyway.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Wonder why we actually collapsed so badly because I’m not sure it’s just on Holding. Like Ramsdale was awful vs Southampton for example or all of Partey’s bad games.

I think you can point fingers at the manager because it was two seasons in a row we collapsed at the end but then the question is if we were performing above our level anyway.
I have put my theory, for the late season slump, forward before. I think it was a combination of key injuries, several players loosing a bit of form, team overall running out of steam combined with City winning out and us (team, fans etc.) loosing faith. Add to that the PL referees adding their secret sauce, the media wanting us not to win etc. it was all but too steep a hill to climb.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom