• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

A Bald Fraud's Chester City

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
If you believe that I’ve got a bridge I can I sell you.

Seems pretty serious for City, actually.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48296885

City denied any financial wrongdoing, but it emerged in the New York Times this week that members of the investigatory chamber of Uefa's financial watchdog - the Club Financial Control Body (CFCB), which is effectively the 'prosecution' in this process - were pushing for expulsion from the lucrative Champions League for at least one season.

Uefa has not confirmed this or revealed whether former Belgian Prime Minister Yves Leterme - the chief investigator - has agreed with his colleagues and recommended such a sanction, but the BBC understands that he has.

The adjudicatory chamber will now consider whether to apply such a punishment.

Very few cases relating to Uefa's break-even rules end up being referred to this body, with most being concluded with a settlement, so it is perhaps significant that it has reached this stage.

[...]

Uefa has been known to bare its teeth with a ban. FC Dynamo Moscow were kicked out of the Europa League in 2015 for failing to comply with the FFP rules. Galatasaray received the same punishment. But it is rare.

[...] In fact, the adjudicatory chamber has been known to apply a stronger sanction than the chief investigator has suggested, and to deviate from his stance. For instance, last year a case against PSG was dropped by Leterme. Rodrigues disagreed and sent it for review to the adjudicatory chamber.

There has sometimes been an assumption that ultimately, Uefa - mindful of the wishes of sponsors and broadcast partners - would be loathe to ban a club as strong as City from its flagship club competition. But there is also now a sense that they need to show that their FFP rules - which some critics dislike and see as a clumsy way of protecting the status quo, rather than encouraging financial stability - cannot just be flouted.

[...]

And it is thought that Uefa's investigators feel more confident that they have a solid argument this time. That may be because this case is unusual in that City stand accused of misleading Uefa's investigators, rather than simply a conventional FFP breach of inflating the value of a sponsorship deal and failing to break even. It has been noted by some at Uefa that City are insisting they have provided evidence that proves that the "accusation of financial irregularities remains entirely false", but in their statements they do not refer to the more pertinent allegation that they may have misled investigators. [...]

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Seems pretty serious for City, actually.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48296885

City denied any financial wrongdoing, but it emerged in the New York Times this week that members of the investigatory chamber of Uefa's financial watchdog - the Club Financial Control Body (CFCB), which is effectively the 'prosecution' in this process - were pushing for expulsion from the lucrative Champions League for at least one season.

Uefa has not confirmed this or revealed whether former Belgian Prime Minister Yves Leterme - the chief investigator - has agreed with his colleagues and recommended such a sanction, but the BBC understands that he has.

The adjudicatory chamber will now consider whether to apply such a punishment.

Very few cases relating to Uefa's break-even rules end up being referred to this body, with most being concluded with a settlement, so it is perhaps significant that it has reached this stage.

[...]

Uefa has been known to bare its teeth with a ban. FC Dynamo Moscow were kicked out of the Europa League in 2015 for failing to comply with the FFP rules. Galatasaray received the same punishment. But it is rare.

[...] In fact, the adjudicatory chamber has been known to apply a stronger sanction than the chief investigator has suggested, and to deviate from his stance. For instance, last year a case against PSG was dropped by Leterme. Rodrigues disagreed and sent it for review to the adjudicatory chamber.

There has sometimes been an assumption that ultimately, Uefa - mindful of the wishes of sponsors and broadcast partners - would be loathe to ban a club as strong as City from its flagship club competition. But there is also now a sense that they need to show that their FFP rules - which some critics dislike and see as a clumsy way of protecting the status quo, rather than encouraging financial stability - cannot just be flouted.

[...]

And it is thought that Uefa's investigators feel more confident that they have a solid argument this time. That may be because this case is unusual in that City stand accused of misleading Uefa's investigators, rather than simply a conventional FFP breach of inflating the value of a sponsorship deal and failing to break even. It has been noted by some at Uefa that City are insisting they have provided evidence that proves that the "accusation of financial irregularities remains entirely false", but in their statements they do not refer to the more pertinent allegation that they may have misled investigators. [...]

Yeah I think sh*t’s about to hit the fan, I still don’t think UEFA will kick them out of the CL necessarily but I think they’re going to come after them hard.

There’s rumours of a transfer ban coming down the river, Pep has always been a good politician, think he’s jumping ship at the right time.

Toby

Yeah I think sh*t’s about to hit the fan, I still don’t think UEFA will kick them out of the CL necessarily but I think they’re going to come after them hard.

There’s rumours of a transfer ban coming down the river, Pep has always been a good politician, think he’s jumping ship at the right time.

Agree. CL ban will take too much of a backbone, but am sure they will do something this time. City is beyond ridiculous and UEFA slowly get the feeling they have to do something about FFP.

And it's just so fitting for what we know about Pep if he'd jump ship now. Don't think it's completely random that once things start to get serious for City, and he himself is under scrutiny for extra payments, that Juventus rumours are getting louder and clearer.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This is pretty incredible, Valdes saying he had no idea about build up play prior to Pep. It's incredible because of how good Valdes ended up being with the ball you'd have thought he learnt from a young age.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser

This is pretty incredible, Valdes saying he had no idea about build up play prior to Pep. It's incredible because of how good Valdes ended up being with the ball you'd have thought he learnt from a young age.
What he did with Neuer, Boateng and Lahm was incredible as well. Lahm was a seriously good footballer already but with Boateng's passing going up to that level was crazy. I remember saying when it was announced that Pep would have an impact in the evolution of German football but he managed to go beyond that. I will always agree that he failed to an extent for not winning the CL with that team but what he did tactically with them and the improvement in the player was next level stuff.

Toby

What he did with Neuer, Boateng and Lahm was incredible as well. Lahm was a seriously good footballer already but with Boateng's passing going up to that level was crazy. I remember saying when it was announced that Pep would have an impact in the evolution of German football but he managed to go beyond that. I will always agree that he failed to an extent for not winning the CL with that team but what he did tactically with them and the improvement in the player was next level stuff.

Bollocks and idol making. Don't talk smack on the grounds of a couple of CL games seen and online articles you've read.

Neuer, Boateng and Lahm were on the exact same level under Heynckes already. Guardiola just dialed it up to 11 with his style, in turn failing in the CL consecutively.

Guardiola tweaked Bayern's football to be even more dominant and he made them play some great tiki taka footie, but let's not get overboard.

His influence on German football is by now a) highly debated and b) highly criticized in terms of what effects in had on virtually every other team. E.g. since he's gone the football of other teams has gradually gotten better again.

Said it not long ago somewhere else, probably in this thread, along Klopp he's the most influential manager of the last decade in football, and rightly so, but he's neither invented the wheel nor has he been some absolutely glorious figure everywhere he went. Bayern fans nowadays long for the attractiveness, distinctiveness and dominance of Guardiola's football, but Heynckes is still the bigger and better manager for most of them.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Bollocks and idol making. Don't talk smack on the grounds of a couple of CL games seen and online articles you've read.

Neuer, Boateng and Lahm were on the exact same level under Heynckes already. Guardiola just dialed it up to 11 with his style, in turn failing in the CL consecutively.

Guardiola tweaked Bayern's football to be even more dominant and he made them play some great tiki taka footie, but let's not get overboard.

His influence on German football is by now a) highly debated and b) highly criticized in terms of what effects in had on virtually every other team. E.g. since he's gone the football of other teams has gradually gotten better again.

Said it not long ago somewhere else, probably in this thread, along Klopp he's the most influential manager of the last decade in football, and rightly so, but he's neither invented the wheel nor has he been some absolutely glorious figure everywhere he went. Bayern fans nowadays long for the attractiveness, distinctiveness and dominance of Guardiola's football, but Heynckes is still the bigger and better manager for most of them.
What? I watched them plenty. Lahm is one of my all time favorite players too. I think you're too biased here against Guardiola which is very apparent in whatever you have to say about him and clearly the one taking that overboard.

Sorry but that's just bullshit by Germans criticizing him for their own incompetence in running their clubs which is what it really is rather than being Pep's fault. That's ridiculous. He had a direct impact on German NT because he made those players better-which he absolutely did without question- and that tactical evolution helped Germany win the WC. No doubt about it.

Of course, Heynckes won them the treble. Its normal. The avid Bayern fan I know still pining for Guardiola though and I know who he'd prefer to be managing them right now. Though that doesn't mean much.

Toby

What? I watched them plenty. Lahm is one of my all time favorite players too. I think you're too biased here against Guardiola which is very apparent in whatever you have to say about him and clearly the one taking that overboard.

Sorry but that's just bullshit by Germans criticizing him for their own incompetence in running their clubs which is what it really is rather than being Pep's fault. That's ridiculous. He had a direct impact on German NT because he made those players better-which he absolutely did without question- and that tactical evolution helped Germany win the WC. No doubt about it.

Of course, Heynckes won them the treble. Its normal. The avid Bayern fan I know still pining for Guardiola though and I know who he'd prefer to be managing them right now. Though that doesn't mean much.

Have your opinion and keep it that way, I value it mostly. But you know very few about German football. E.g. his influence on the German NT is seen highly critical regarding the outcome of 2016 and 2018, in which Low basically tried to copy him. Seriously pronounced Guardiola ball only came into play later than 2014. Guardiola has nothing to do with Germany winning the WC. That's mostly down to player material, as we've seen countless times. And that 2014 team wasn't tactically based on Guardiola at its best. If you were so knowledgable you'd know that, but I don't blame you for not knowing the intricacies of that. In fact, the team got better the moment they ditched those ideas. Not Guardiola or Low won that tournament, but Lahm and Schweinsteiger by taking over from an inept manager, incidentally by e.g. moving Lahm back to rightback where he felt most comfortable, instead of being shoehorned into DM by Low copying Guardiola.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Have your opinion and keep it that way, I value it mostly. But you know very few about German football. E.g. his influence on the German NT is seen highly critical regarding the outcome of 2016 and 2018, in which Low basically tried to copy him. Seriously pronounced Guardiola ball only came into play later than 2014. Guardiola has nothing to do with Germany winning the WC. That's mostly down to player material, as we've seen countless times. And that 2014 team wasn't tactically based on Guardiola at its best. If you were so knowledgable you'd know that, but I don't blame you for not knowing the intricacies of that. In fact, the team got better the moment they ditched those ideas. Not Guardiola or Low won that tournament, but Lahm and Schweinsteiger, incidentally by e.g. moving Lahm back to rightback where he felt most comfortable, instead of being shoehorned into DM by Low copying Guardiola.
Yeah, the players he improved. But yes they did better after switching positions but they were still playing through those players. I have serious doubts Low has much idea about how to set up a team and play that way.

However, Guardiola having a negative impact on other German clubs is total bullshit.

Toby

However, Guardiola having a negative impact on other German clubs is total bullshit.

It's not. He made every game into Spainvs Russia WC 2018. He had an overall detrimental effect on how teams set up and tried to play, not only against him but against each other which resulted in less tempo, less goals, less initiative, less bravery and ultimately a more boring, less daunting, slower league. It's no surprise other German teams dropped off internationally, too, once he came here.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
It's not. He made every game into Spainvs Russia WC 2018. He had an overall detrimental effect on how teams set up and tried to play, not only against him but against each other which resulted in less tempo, less goals, less initiative, less bravery and ultimately a more boring, less daunting, slower league. It's no surprise other German teams dropped off internationally, too, once he came here.
That's really overreaching. Its just apart from Pep and Klopp and after they left there not many good managers while the level of the quality of players had dropped.

I think at the time the big missed opportunity was for the teams like Schalke, Leverkusen, Wolfsburg etc with a good core of players and resources to go out after some of the influential foreign managers available. That's where they really screwed up. At the time there was a fair bit of talent that could have been helped in developing/evolving and it would have helped in attracting some better foreign players. Of course, they couldn't afford overspending but up to a point they surely should have invested.

The style of playing and tactics of other teams when they weren't playing against Bayern....its very hard to pin it on Guardiola.

Funny thing is, I'm not even a fan of him but you can't deny his work. Reinventing the wheel or stuff like that is media narrative which he can't help but he in terms of tactics and coaching players he is arguably the best there is out there.

And I personally rate Klopp higher and think he is the best manager around because he hasn't been given similar resources.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Guys, I don't know if anyone's noticed this yet, but uhhh City have quite a good squad...

Ederson, Walker, Stones, Sterling, Gundogan, Jesus, Aguero, Zinchenko, Laporte, Rodri, De Bruyne, Sane, Silva, D. Silva, Mendy, Fernandino, Mahrez, Otamendi, Foden, Angelino, plus decent internationals like Bravo, Danilo, Mangala, Delph.

It's completely f*cking ridiculous.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Guys, I don't know if anyone's noticed this yet, but uhhh City have quite a good squad...

Ederson, Walker, Stones, Sterling, Gundogan, Jesus, Aguero, Zinchenko, Laporte, Rodri, De Bruyne, Sane, Silva, D. Silva, Mendy, Fernandino, Mahrez, Otamendi, Foden, Angelino, plus decent internationals like Bravo, Danilo, Mangala, Delph.

It's completely f*cking ridiculous.
Imagine almost getting beat by liverpool. Great work from klopp

Latest posts+

Top Bottom