• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's not his strengths. He's not a creative player, he's an in the box player that wants to be looking for goals. Lacazette isn't a 'false 9' or a supplementary striker, he''s a player you create for not vise versa.
Poor Laca, he's only scored two goals in three starts this season! Why not 6! Why!:facepalm:

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Yeah, I have said that I think Firmino is a bit better than Lacazette, but stats in earlier page are quite interesting in that regard. And nowhere I have said that Firmino is bad or anything like it, because I can see what he brings Liverpool, similarly as to what Lacazette brings Arsenal.

The stats & graph suggest they are very similar quality strikers, and similar strenghts too. Dunno if you can get much more identical in a graph with two strikers, eventhough it's not totally identical of course.

I'm not sure if you're agreeing with me or not? You think those stats that Preacher posted in the graph + Lacazette's points per minute being quite a lot better than Firmino's don't tell things?

People here back up Mourinho's (of all people! Archenemy of Wenger, who surely has no intention to compliment Arsène's judgement & investment of strikers.) statement that Lacazette is not even near Firmino's quality, which is clearly nonsense based on what Preacher posted + points per minute.

I was agreeing with you. I have been impressed by Laca's all round game. Last season he pretty much done the same kind of job for us as Firmino does for Liverpool, only difference was that Firmino was flanked by two world class players in Salah and Mane.

As for Mourinho, it seems he doesn't want to admit he made a mistake when he decided not to go for Laca and instead went for Lukaku. Saying that he felt Laca lacked physical impact and wasn't a big game player. https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...Manchester-United-Arsenal-Alexandre-Lacazette

Now it has been proven he was talking nonsense, instead of letting it go, he double down. Having a sly dig at Laca at every opportunity, desperately trying to convince people he was right all along.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I was agreeing with you. I have been impressed by Laca's all round game. Last season he pretty much done the same kind of job for us as Firmino does for Liverpool, only difference was that Firmino was flanked by two world class players in Salah and Mane.

As for Mourinho, it seems he doesn't want to admit he made a mistake when he decided not to go for Laca and instead went for Lukaku. Saying that he felt Laca lacked physical impact and wasn't a big game player. https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...Manchester-United-Arsenal-Alexandre-Lacazette

Now it has been proven he was talking nonsense, instead of letting it go, he double down. Having a sly dig at Laca at every opportunity, desperately trying to convince people he was right all along.

I was surprised at the stats Preacher put, would still be interesting to see what is the time-frame there. Earlier I put one share where they were comparable in half of last seasons stats, but could not find more.

Liverpool also has pretty great full-backs now that A-A is established. So adding that to the winger situation last season, it's pretty amazing how Lacazette performed.

We had Jenkinson/Lichtsteiner starting EPL games ffs. Had to check, they played combined total of 1104 minutes in EPL last season. That equals 12,27 games. Horrible to think how many lost points Bellerin's injury resulted in.

Good point with Mourinho's choice in Lukaku and motives because of it. Basically United lost 20 million euros and Arsenal gained at least 20 million euros. Seems like Mourinho cannot admit mistakes, so no wonder he eventually dropped from the heights.

And who knows if Lacazette even wanted to go there. Seems a lot brighter than that...

JoaoFelix

What Ceballos said about Lacazette, Aubameyang, Pepe:

“We’ve got a very good, compact side and the three up front really make the difference. You can compare [Pierre-Emerick] Aubameyang to Cristiano [Ronaldo] when he was at Madrid in the sense that he plays close to the goal he lives for scoring. He’s very important for us, fundamental. [Nicolas] Pépé is very direct. And [Alexandre] Lacazette, for me, is the best player: he understands the game perfectly and, if he’s 100%, he’s going to give us so much.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

You just described some of the most avid
posters in this thread.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Even if Lukaku had a year out of favour / got out of shape for a period he was a hard player for United / Mourinho to pass up on in 2017. A young target man hitting 25 league goals domestically is gold dust. Even in average form he reached 16 & 12 league goals with United.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Even if Lukaku had a year out of favour / got out of shape for a period he was a hard player for United / Mourinho to pass up on in 2017. A young target man hitting 25 league goals domestically is gold dust. Even in average form he reached 16 & 12 league goals with United.

Most people could understand why Mourinho would go for Lukaku. After all he was a young striker hitting very high numbers every season.

What was ironic was that he mentioned stamina and physical impact as reason for not trying for Laca. Lukaku is probably the worst player to go for if those two attributes are important for you. But the most hilarious claim was that Laca isn't a big game player. Again if that was important to you, why the hell would you go for Lukaku?, who is well known as a flat track bully? Both for the clubs he played for and also for the Belgian national team.

I saw a stat after Man utd played Chelsea in the first game of the season. It said that Daniel James who only played just 16 minutes in that game on his debut already matched Lukaku's United record against the top 6.

Actually reading that, now I can understand why Mourinho seems so bitter about Laca. He had to keep watching Lukaku fire blanks against the top 6 while Lacazette was scoring against all the big teams.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Most people could understand why Mourinho would go for Lukaku. After all he was a young striker hitting very high numbers every season.

What was ironic was that he mentioned stamina and physical impact as reason for not trying for Laca. Lukaku is probably the worst player to go for if those two attributes are important for you. But the most hilarious claim was that Laca isn't a big game player. Again if that was important to you, why the hell would you go for Lukaku?, who is well known as a flat track bully? Both for the clubs he played for and also for the Belgian national team.

I saw a stat after Man utd played Chelsea in the first game of the season. It said that Daniel James who only played just 16 minutes in that game on his debut already matched Lukaku's United record against the top 6.

Actually reading that, now I can understand why Mourinho seems so bitter about Laca. He had to keep watching Lukaku fire blanks against the top 6 while Lacazette was scoring against all the big teams.

You seem to think transfer are black and white, it’s not like a super market where you can just choose which one you want. You have to put in a lot of work. Lacazette gets benched at all the tough away games I don’t see how he’s this big game player when he can’t play away.

The money Man Utd spent they could’ve got a striker better than both Lacazette and Lukaku. They’re just useless in the transfer market.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
You seem to think transfer are black and white, it’s not like a super market where you can just choose which one you want. You have to put in a lot of work. Lacazette gets benched at all the tough away games I don’t see how he’s this big game player when he can’t play away.

The money Man Utd spent they could’ve got a striker better than both Lacazette and Lukaku. They’re just useless in the transfer market.

I don't think tranfers are simple, I never claimed it was black and white. I highlighted a particular comment from Mourinho in which he says he is looking for a specific attribute and then buys a palyer with the opposite. Which to me says he is talking nonsense or he never was looking fore those attributes.

There are a variety of reasons why Laca got benched at a lot of the tough away games, mainly that we have a world class striker in Auba ahead of him.

Just because a player isn't selected to play against the big away games doesn't mean he isn't a big game player. He can't select himself so that is outside his influence. Whenever he does get selected he shows he is a big game player. What more can he do? Score while on the bench?

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I don't think tranfers are simple, I never claimed it was black and white. I highlighted a particular comment from Mourinho in which he says he is looking for a specific attribute and then buys a palyer with the opposite. Which to me says he is talking nonsense or he never was looking fore those attributes.

There are a variety of reasons why Laca got benched at a lot of the tough away games, mainly that we have a world class striker in Auba ahead of him.

Just because a player isn't selected to play against the big away games doesn't mean he isn't a big game player. He can't select himself so that is outside his influence. Whenever he does get selected he shows he is a big game player. What more can he do? Score while on the bench?

Well your previous post was saying Mourinho was bitter he chose Lukaku over Lacazette and you worded it like it was his choice. Like he chose to buy brown bread instead of white in the supermarket. It’s way more complicated than that.

I mean if he is such a great big game player wouldn’t you play him in big games? Playing against big teams at home scoring then getting subbed isn’t really a big game player to me. How many times has he completed 90 mins in big games? Where was he in the Euro final?

drippin

Well your previous post was saying Mourinho was bitter he chose Lukaku over Lacazette and you worded it like it was his choice. Like he chose to buy brown bread instead of white in the supermarket. It’s way more complicated than that.

I mean if he is such a great big game player wouldn’t you play him in big games? Playing against big teams at home scoring then getting subbed isn’t really a big game player to me. How many times has he completed 90 mins in big games? Where was he in the Euro final?

Last season in EPL Lacazette played in 10/15 of top 6 matches. In those 5 other matches he was likely injured. These can be considered as big games, as those clubs have clearly most expensive squads and are direct rivals for UCL spots.

He played 530 minutes in those games according to Transfermarkt, with points 3+3=6. This totals a point per 88 minutes. Better than his whole season's total which was 119 minutes per point.

In addition to this, he scored most game-winning goals along with Salah in EPL last season. 9/13 goals of his were those. This suggests towards nerves of steel, which is related to performance in big games.

As you yourself said, things are not so simple. Lacazette might have had some injury comeback games to play less minutes.

Aubameyang is also tactically a lot better in counter-attacks against big teams. Another player can be more defensive, and simultaneously you can give Lacazette rotational rest. Rotation is very much needed in EPL to avoid injuries and keep performance levels better in a long season.

It's pretty clear why he is not always played in big games. I have suggested this, that it would be good to rest him against bigger teams away, being impact sub if losing at the end of game. Smaller not so much as he is quite good at playmaking and holding the ball like the comparison to Firmino suggests.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Laca given a rest until October so his ankle injury won't get worse according to the medical team.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Laca given a rest until October so his ankle injury won't get worse according to the medical team.

Problematic. Said it was a mistake selling Iwobi without replacing and this is going to really test the squad depth.

Guess we’re rolling with Martinelli up front in the Europa League games.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Problematic. Said it was a mistake selling Iwobi without replacing and this is going to really test the squad depth.

Nelson Martinelli and Smith-Rowe will have step up it's good chance for them even for 2-3 weeks.

drippin

Yeah, a risk and bad situation. Still it's something many would have wanted, to give the youth a chance. It might pay in not losing those assets now or in future. Having possibility to buy great prospects because they see Arsenal as a path.

I understand the risk they took. We can address it in winter if guys like Nelson, ESR, Martinelli and Saka don't perform.

drippin

"Alex has been playing through this injury for several weeks."

Not bad, 2 goals in 3 EPL games while being injured.

It also seems they sold Iwobi to be able to call Laca Alex.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

Wonder if there are any regrets about loaning Eddie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom