• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Ill timed injury, hopefully he is back asap.

Think this impacts EL more than PL. I have faith in Nelson stepping up there but who plays upfront in the EL for Frankfurt away? Would have to hope John-Jules steps up well.

I'm equally excited and disappointed. Disappointed for Laca - one of our strongest players - now hurt for this next run but excited for the opportunities now available for our younger talents.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Wonder if there are any regrets about loaning Eddie?

I thought the loan move for Eddie was a good one. He’s started well and will benefit from the experience. But I remember saying, the fact we only had 2 strikers was a worry.

If we lose Auba now who plays up front? Hopefully Laca comes back ASAP and Auba is micromanaged throughout September.

Reactions: A_G

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Ill timed injury, hopefully he is back asap.

Think this impacts EL more than PL. I have faith in Nelson stepping up there but who plays upfront in the EL for Frankfurt away? Would have to hope John-Jules steps up well.

I'm equally excited and disappointed. Disappointed for Laca - one of our strongest players - now hurt for this next run but excited for the opportunities now available for our younger talents.
I'll be extremely disappointed with Emery if he plays Auba against Frankfurt

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Just seen the news. A bit gutted but he’ll only miss a few league games with another international break not far away. I’m interested to see what Emery does with the team now.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Wonder if there are any regrets about loaning Eddie?

I thought it was a big call but needed a loan tbf. I still think the club should’ve tried to get a deal with Welbeck if it didn’t want to replace Iwobi.

He’s really useful as a rotational player, and was doing a great job before his injury last year.

Also the main problem for me now is wing depth, Emery clearly doesn’t rate Özil so Nelson is essentially nailed for a major role and he’s got to pick up the levels of his performances.

Reactions: A_G

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
I thought it was a big call but needed a loan tbf. I still think the club should’ve tried to get a deal with Welbeck if it didn’t want to replace Iwobi.

He’s really useful as a rotational player, and was doing a great job before his injury last year.
Stop pining for players that are just failures.

Laca is out for 2 to 3 weeks, let's chill out. If the young lads are as good as people keep telling me they are, what is the point of hanging to absolute plodders?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I'm pretty sure Welbeck wanted new challenge rather than be a bench player at that age. Plus he would have been expensive bench player.

We have 4 possible young wingers now. You would think at least one can perform.

People would have attacked Emery for sure if he had played even Iwobi ahead of them. Not to speak about Welbeck or Mkhi.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Laca is out for 2 to 3 weeks, let's chill out. If the young lads are as good as people keep telling me they are, what is the point of hanging to absolute plodders?

If he’s out three weeks that means he’s missing the Old Trafford game.

People saying for sure these kids are wrong aren’t speaking from fact, until they actually play first team football it’s all guesswork.

Welbeck wasn’t great but was a decent option last year, if PEA goes down injured for even a few matches we’re totally f*cked.

pacstud

Something about cake and eating it...not sure.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity

People saying for sure these kids are wrong aren’t speaking from fact, until they actually play first team football it’s all guesswork.

Welbeck wasn’t great but was a decent option last year, if PEA goes down injured for even a few matches we’re totally f*cked.
We might well have offered Welbs a contract if he could stay fit which he can't. He would have got injured again and people ask why we kept him.

There is still some work left to do on the squad. Keeping hold of proving crocks is not our way forward and you should know that.

I'll make a deal, i'll retract my Steve Smith comments if you let this go.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

It's a shame but take the time to go get fit. Means Nelson is likely to start.

drippin

I agree but do you think Welbeck would have been cheap, and he would want to continue being bench player?

This is a thing where the club or Emery cannot win easily. Keep these players most want out and play them because of their wages. Or sell them and take the risk with youth, which many seem to want.

And hindsight will show the wisdom later.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Also ESR an option for LW while Auba gets his CF position. This is fantastic news. It's not serious so Laca will be back soon but hopefully Emery sees in the meantime that we're better off without him starting.

GunnerUK

Not to worried about this Laca gets the rest he needs and Nelson comes in on the right while Abua goes Centre. If we want to recapture the form Nelson showed in Germany last season he has to play.

drippin

Also ESR an option for LW while Auba gets his CF position. This is fantastic news. It's not serious so Laca will be back soon but hopefully Emery sees in the meantime that we're better off without him starting.

Injury to your favourite team's second best scorer and player of the year last season is fantastic news? This is the kind of stuff that makes people think if you're a Sp**s fan or something. :facepalm:

No, injury to any player is never fantastic news. It makes rotational options lesser and makes it more likely that Auba can get injury too from playing too much in a row.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'll be extremely disappointed with Emery if he plays Auba against Frankfurt
He will probably take it seriously and do just that. What will frustrate me is if Auba starts all 3 of our next games rather than played in 2, rested in one. Auba doesn't seem like the type of player to pick up niggles but why tempt fate. This is the platform with which to test our youngsters if we are to be a team that gives them a proper opportunity to impress.

I will laugh if we see a back 3 or a diamond c Watford on Sunday - with no Willock or Nelson. It's an away game so I wouldnt put it past Emery. He isn't as brave or foolhardy as Wenger often was.

Club actually wanted to keep Nketiah for the season, as everyone at the club know he is elite talent!

Its also sensible to have 3 strikers like I have been trying to tell people million times but they still wont listen and want to play Auba and Laca on the field at the same time together.

But losing Lacazette is not a big deal like hopefully we will see next summer when we sell him... 2-3 weeks. Our better striker is fit and don't have to play on the wings. I'm very positive about the situation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom