• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

An amazing story told by Peter Hill-wood about Wenger's man

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 19
  • Views 926
A

Anonymous

This is found in the book "A Fan for All Seasons" by Laurence Marks.

Hill-wood told him that during the first double season, there was a row in the tabloids that Anelka was shouting off about Overmars never giving him the ball during the game. Hill-wood confirms the tabloids' story is true. So what did Wenger do?

Wenger, who speaks no Dutch, called both players together in the dressing room to get the problem out in the open. He told Overmars, who speaks no French, in English that he would have to speak to Anelka in French to get to the root of the problem. Overmars agreed.

Wenger asked Anelka in French what was his problem and what did he think of Overmars. Anelka went on and on about how selfish Overmars is, how he dislikes him and went into a chain of French expletives. Wenger sat perfectly calm, finished listened and then asked Anelka, "Do you feel better having got that off your chest, Nicholas?" Anelka nodded.

Wenger then turned to Overmars and told him in English that Anelka was extremely sorry to have caused Overmars any problems and that he thought Overmars was a wonderful player and perhaps he could consider giving him the ball more as Anelka is sure they will play well together.

Overmars was happy. Anelka was relieved and happy. Wenger is simply brilliant.

No wonder Peter Hill-Wood said in the book that it was the best decision, hiring Wenger, that he had ever made as Arsenal Chairman.

beaney

GENIUS!!!!!

pure genius, the man just KNOWS what hes doing.

we are soooooo lucky to have him.

PolishGooner

Great, wenger is a great manager who can cope with any problems

Where I can buy that book? And not amazon.co.uk, they dont send to poland, i coudlnt find that book on ebay :roll:

A

Anonymous

Warning: much of the rest of the book is complete ****. Borrow it or something, don't make the same mistake like me.

A.Hussain

hah, simple and sweet. the man is a walking piece of intelligence and calm. (i know these things are not exactly tangible, but still, a simple solution to life's most complex footballers.)

Andrew

May I be another one on the long list to say that Wenger is class. Genius... Wish he could stay with us for ever.

quattro

neebz said:
whatz so genius about that?
thats the logical thing one would do at that time.

nEEbz 8)
oh please... and you would've done better? :roll:

great grasp of the situation and a wonderful head for solutions. wenger is the man.

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom