• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Bayern Munich 1 - 0 Arsenal | Wednesday 17th April | KO: 20:00 BST | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
GLYokuGXsAAWxB0

No nostalgia. No crying. No excuses.

Let’s just go out there and ruin someone’s night particularly Harold’s one please:

74828579-0-image-a-13_1693306103943.jpg

Martinelli G.Jesus Saka
Jorginho Ødegaard
Rice
Tomiyasu Gabriel Saliba White
Raya​

Bayern 0-2 Arsenal (Teta Luck remontada word to @Makingtrax )

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Both PSG and Dortmund came from behind to win their respective ties, I thought both these teams were going to be eliminated. I now have some hope we can cause an upset in Munich.
We came from behind to level it after gifting Bayern 2 goals. We absolutely can win if the players have picked themselves up after Sunday and Arteta has abandoned his instinct to tinker and be clever when a clear solution is before him. If the proper XI plays(with Tomi in place of Kiwi) I think we'll win convincingly. If there are stupid deviations or boneheaded individual mistakes, we'll be out.

Fabregasm

Both PSG and Dortmund came from behind to win their respective ties, I thought both these teams were going to be eliminated. I now have some hope we can cause an upset in Munich.

Trader will tell you the probability of upset has all been used up in the 2 matches ;)

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
It's not really an upset as bookies odds favour us. We are still the 2nd fav to win CL.

If we play to our normal usual standards we are stronger than Bayern. If we choke then...

NZgunner

It's not really an upset as bookies odds favour us. We are still the 2nd fav to win CL.
once the initial market is set, bookies odds are mostly a simple mathematical function of where the betting then goes - not any impartial assessment of who is going to win

in other words, more people bet on Arsenal, whether they are expert sports forecasters or not, Arsenal's odds shorten and they *look* like favourites

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Our solid defense structure needs to stand up in this game, it’s important we give them nothing in behind, and use press to destabilise them at the right moments.

This game requires a mix of the performances of Liverpool and City away games. Perform at that level, without many mistakes and we win this game.

I’m sticking with my 2-0.

Also, if tonight is the night we bow out, it’s been a great return to the competition. Lessons have been learnt and I think we’ll take those lessons into next season, both in how we play, and how we need to prepare (recruitment, game management, etc).

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

TLDR: Bayern are poor with the ball at their feet, they need to create opportunities for transition to be effective. Either by high turnovers, direct passes from deep or moments of space creation (carrying the ball and releasing to an open player).

We need to force them to hold the ball more and pressure their first line into making mistakes trying to get out.

Artemis

Our solid defense structure needs to stand up in this game, it’s important we give them nothing in behind, and use press to destabilise them at the right moments.

This game requires a mix of the performances of Liverpool and City away games. Perform at that level, without many mistakes and we win this game.

I’m sticking with my 2-0.

Also, if tonight is the night we bow out, it’s been a great return to the competition. Lessons have been learnt and I think we’ll take those lessons into next season, both in how we play, and how we need to prepare (recruitment, game management, etc).
You're absolutely right yeah. If we play to the standards of Liverpool/City away, then we comfortably win this.

Losing tonight is unthinkable in my mind honestly. I can't even think about. It'll take me a while to get over it (if at all). If we can't beat a severely weakened Bayern side while we are the most in-form team in Europe, then I'm not sure how anyone can expect more next season. Especially after Bayern strengthen.

If they get through, Bayern will get thrashed in the Semis. There's no question about that.

So I really think Arteta's European credentials is on the line here. I really thought he might be the one to finally bring a European cup home, but all the evidence indicates that - for whatever reason - he struggles badly in Europe. Our narrow victory against Porto was alarming. Even when we clearly have the superior side (like Europa League Semi-Final loss or the Europa League Second round loss).

Emery went to the EL final rampaging his way through established teams like Napoli & Valencia in his very first season! I honestly think he could win us CL if he was given this squad. Klopp certainly could. His Liverpool team thrashed a much stronger Bayern team than this.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
once the initial market is set, bookies odds are mostly a simple mathematical function of where the betting then goes - not any impartial assessment of who is going to win

in other words, more people bet on Arsenal, whether they are expert sports forecasters or not, Arsenal's odds shorten and they *look* like favourites
Yeah correct, but they get updated at the very beginning. It was set for us to be 2nd favorites, and also slight favorites for an away leg in munich. That says a lot about how people view our strength.

Over the past 3 days after we lost to Villa, our odds increased dramatically as many punters is betting on Bayern now. I was talking about the initial odds.

Grandolph

Our team just cant handle being favourites. The pressure is a bit of now away from home, and city leading the PL. A positive experience tonight is the perfect way to give us a boost and the belief before a very difficult run in

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable

TLDR: Bayern are poor with the ball at their feet, they need to create opportunities for transition to be effective. Either by high turnovers, direct passes from deep or moments of space creation (carrying the ball and releasing to an open player).

We need to force them to hold the ball more and pressure their first line into making mistakes trying to get out.
They looked pretty damn composed in playing out from the back to me. Even their ****** goalkeeper took the piss.

We shouldn't do our relentless press. We should do a mid-block and let them come onto us a bit.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member

Agree for the most part. Bayern have struggled when they've had to dictate play and break teams down this season. They are much more of threat in transition when the likes of Sane and Musiala are running at the defense in open space.

They don't have much creativity in midfield (although we need to be wary of Kimmich's lofted balls and crosses from the right), and while Goretzka and Laimer were effective as workhorses in the 1st leg, they are not a midfield pairing you want when in possession. Pavlovic is perhaps their most technical midfielder for their pivot, but he's young and inexperienced so doubt Tuchel starts him for such a big match. Guerrero might be played in midfield, but with Davies suspended, they'd then have to play Mazraoui at LB (which isn't out of the question tbf, considering he has played there before at times).

We should be more willing to concede possession like we did at the Etihad and look for opportunities on the counter, especially since their backline won't be the quickest (assuming de Ligt and Dier start). If we play a more patient game and pick our moments, I'm confident we'll go through. However, we can't be making the same silly errors we did in the 1st leg or we're going to be in for a long night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom