• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey (Out)

CannonBals

No why? I don’t get it, why keep him? He just takes a squad spot while being injured, he’s on 200k a week and never plays. The club should pay him off.

There’s not one argument for keeping Partey.

Loving the logic here.
To save his wage we should pay him off...

I think 2+2 really does equate to 22 at some places on earth.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So what? We’ve paid off better players than him before. We actually need players in who can give us valuable minutes.

As I said, Jorgi has been far more important in our title race than Partey.

We were paying players off when the squad was an unbalanced mess and we had to make drastic changes, which isn’t comparable to the situation now.

How does it benefit us loosing money and the player? It would be a case of cutting your nose off to spite your face.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What makes you think we need to pay him off?

I’m pretty sure he’d have takers on a free. Proper clubs as well not Saudi and them man.

@OnlyOne has my sword for this fight. You guys are just gluttons for punishment man.

He’s over 30, on massive money, has a history of injuries with all of the other stuff surrounding him. I can’t see many clubs willing to give us a decent offer for him. The time to sell him was last summer.

If we get a reasonable offer for him then this is a different conversation, but this is Arsenal, we are hopeless at selling.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
He’s over 30, on massive money, has a history of injuries with all of the other stuff surrounding him. I can’t see many clubs willing to give us a decent offer for him. The time to sell him was last summer.

If we get a reasonable offer for him then this is a different conversation, but this is Arsenal, we are hopeless at selling.

I’m not saying we get a decent offer…

I’m saying they will take him for free - and we should accept.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Don’t see how loosing him for nothing benefits Arsenal on the pitch.

That’s fair, I mean it’s not really “on the pitch” that’s driving my point.

Still, even on the pitch he does represent £10m a year in salary- that’s basically a mil a game coz I don’t see him managing more than 10 starts these days.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I mean, the line coming from the club is not starting cm unless he is moved, so yeah... Need to hope that changes somehow.
No starting CM unless he is moved? Surely in that scenario you would let Jorginho go despite him being the more reliable player.

I highly doubt we start next season without a big CM signing, it’s the most important aspect of the transfer window for us.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Loving the logic here.
To save his wage we should pay him off...

I think 2+2 really does equate to 22 at some places on earth.

Where have I mentioned I want to save money you patronising idiot?

I want to get rid of a creep who hasn’t attributed at all to our campaign because he’s always injured.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Why? Because he’s value for money if he’s available for half a season. He hasn’t been this season but he likely will be next.

Selling him would be outright dumb.

Why is he likely next season? There’s zero evidence to say this guy will stay fit.

Everyone will be upset when Partey breaks down and suddenly our CM’s have to stay fit or else it’s a disaster.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

We were paying players off when the squad was an unbalanced mess and we had to make drastic changes, which isn’t comparable to the situation now.

How does it benefit us loosing money and the player? It would be a case of cutting your nose off to spite your face.

It’s a wasted squad spot, we’ll lose some money who cares? We also lose money when he’s missing every game.

We don’t need Partey to mount title challenges we’ve seen that.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Yeah, I would have. We probably could have got more for him than that from Saudi.
How do you sell him to Saudi when he made clear he doesn't want to go there at this point in his career? Do you understand that it's impossible in that situation?

Partey was known injury-prone at the time, with a bad reputation. I doubt Arsenal would have got even 15 million. Arsenal got 21.5 million pounds for Xhaka, who is a very durable player. The fee would have likely been 5-10 million.

You can't get a title challenging midfielder for any amount of money that Partey would have fetched. So the club made a sensible choice, just very unlucky with the worst injury of his career.
I was one of the first to want Havertz at 9 as well. I’d have liked to seen us be more aggressive in last summers window, but I understand why we made the decisions we did.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I want to get rid of a creep who hasn’t attributed at all to our campaign because he’s always injured.
Did you watch Arsenal last season? Partey played 2485 out of 3420 total possible minutes in EPL.

That's 73%, and the reason why Arteta rather kept him than sold him for peanuts. We have once again recently seen what a top midfielder Partey is when fit.

Any sensible person would have expected Partey being able to play at least 50% of EPL minutes, like he has every season before.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
If any club is willing to take on his wages you should accept any deal IMO, his spot in the squad is volatile as **** as he's on massive wages which keeps potential new signings from coming in. Not to mention the off-field stuff which continues to put a cloud over everything you're doing right now.

Let Partey go, bring in a new starting midfielder + a squad player and you're good. The problem with Partey's availability is you probably have to bring in two midfielders even if he stays.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

If any club is willing to take on his wages you should accept any deal IMO, his spot in the squad is volatile as **** as he's on massive wages which keeps potential new signings from coming in. Not to mention the off-field stuff which continues to put a cloud over everything you're doing right now.

Let Partey go, bring in a new starting midfielder + a squad player and you're good. The problem with Partey's availability is you probably have to bring in two midfielders even if he stays.

You can’t just let him go. You have to pay him off as well. It makes zero sense to extend Jorginho who looks finished. But as usual people can’t see a finished player until he stares them in the face. It took Arteta Bayern disaster to realise he has to play Partey ahead of Jorginho. Had he used Partey we may still be in the CL

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
You can’t just let him go. You have to pay him off as well.

8g7yS3U.png

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

I don't agree with that. We've managed fine with Rice and Jorginho. If you have Guimares and Rice as starters and Partey and Jorgi as rotation options you should have more than enough. Obviously if Rice and Guimares both go down you have a problem, but Rice seems to have a great record with injuries. Even if that happens we have Havertz, Vieira and ESR

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I don't agree with that. We've managed fine with Rice and Jorginho. If you have Guimares and Rice as starters and Partey and Jorgi as rotation options you should have more than enough. Obviously if Rice and Guimares both go down you have a problem, but Rice seems to have a great record with injuries. Even if that happens we have Havertz, Vieira and ESR

This is the problem IMO. Jorginho is getting up there and looks slower and slower, Partey is likely to miss half the season if not more which means once you go past Rice/Bruno/Øde you're likely looking at Vieira or ESR, neither who'd be anywhere near capable of doing what Rice or Bruno does/will do.

Even if you kept everyone right now I think a cheap holding midfielder squad player is needed. Sure there are numbers on the bench but the vast majority of them can't play as a deeper midfielder and those who can are injury prone beyond belief or getting up there in age.

Guess it all depends on how much faith you have in Vieira and ESR. Once you start talking about using Havertz in midfield again you create a different problem up top so you're essentially just changing the problem area.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

No I think we have to keep Partey as a depth signing for next season, We've got to sign another top CM for next season anyway. We sign another main CM for the next few seasons but I won't mind Partey as depth until he retires.

StefanB

100% agree. We should keep Jorginho and Partey for depth/rotation. If everyone gets injured you're gonna be in a crisis, you cannot have 10 established players in every position in case of a injury crisis as you say.

Ødegaard, Rice and Bruno would be the first midfield and then we have Jorginho, Partey, Vieira, Smith Rowe, Havertz, Trossard and possibly Elneny.

Keeping Partey and Jorginho should be a priority along with bringing in a new starter for the holding position. If one of the latter leaves we'd need to bring in another midfielder imho.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]
Back
Top Bottom