• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Raya: Throw Your Hands In The Air If Yous A True Raya

GDeep™

League is very weak
Id say he won that award in spite of his keeping rather than because of anything he did. He has the back 4 really to thank for that award. Bailed out by VAR after a clanger today.

Keeper needs to be looked at if we are gonna become an elite team.
You don’t win anything with these GK’s.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He has to be better next season in some of the situation we want someone better than ramsdale but the last tow games Raya really wanted be like ramsdale.

He get away with one today but was foul

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
He had another near bozo moment after the disallowed goal. If he keeps making these on a regular basis, no amount of catching high balls is going to separate him from Ramsdale

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Rays accepting his golden glove award today...

tenor.gif

...MY keeper :applause:

Topside

Are we obligated to buy him at the end of the season? Seeing mixed reports online.
Yes we are, loan with obligation.

We were on the brink FFP, Brentford happy to compromise the player wanted move to Arsenal with 1 year left on his Brentford contract,loan made possible by extending his Brentford deal by a year to obviously ensure he wasn't out of contract.

gunner1

Maybe he has to start scoring goals before he will be liked. Clean sheet today. After watching the replay, convinced that if he was not pulled in the hand he can catch the ball.

Thrice

Are we obligated to buy him at the end of the season? Seeing mixed reports online.
Probably makes no difference because I'm sure Arteta has already made up his mind. Raya is his guy. I mean, he has to be. Otherwise why go through all this trouble and drama by benching Ramsdale.

Good on him he won that award, I guess. But let's face it, he wouldn't have won it in any other team. These clean sheets were a team effort.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
First Arsenal goalkeeper to keep a clean sheet in a win at Old Toilet with fans, since Invincible Jens Lehmann in 2006.

He is protected by an amazing defence can't lie, but feel he plays his part...his brilliant ability at claiming crosses really settles the backline down I feel.

StefanB

When he plays like today he has a real calming aura to him. His field work with catching and anticipating crosses is probably among the best in the league.

Just wish he was a couple of inches taller so he would have a bit of extra range, but overall I was skeptical to him being signed. He has convinced me he's a better keeper than Ramsdale. Upgrading on him will be no easy feat.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Was involved a lot today, in playing out from the back. I don't think any other GK bar Ederson can do it like him.

Elite at claiming crosses as well

Malky

Established Member
First Arsenal goalkeeper to keep a clean sheet in a win at Old Toilet with fans, since Invincible Jens Lehmann in 2006.

He is protected by an amazing defence can't lie, but feel he plays his part...his brilliant ability at claiming crosses really settles the backline down I feel.
100% he’s a huge factor in that. Look at the calming presence he had towards the end - came out, claimed the crosses and slowed it down. Now go back and watch Ramsdale flap at crosses and look like a bag of nerves. It’s pretty obvious who our defence is more comfortable infront of.

Malky

Established Member
This guy has an error or two in every game. Not somebody with whom you can consistently challenge for top honors.
And yet we’re still in with a strong chance of winning the league with him in goal - golden glove and apart of the team with the most away clean sheets in a single premier league season.
City have managed to keep challenging, and winning, the top honours with Ederson?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
100% he’s a huge factor in that. Look at the calming presence he had towards the end - came out, claimed the crosses and slowed it down. Now go back and watch Ramsdale flap at crosses and look like a bag of nerves. It’s pretty obvious who our defence is more comfortable infront of.
Remember how Ramsdale was rattled like everyone was Ben White on corners and we used to concede because players just surrounded and bullied him? Raya is shorter but still commands his area far better. We're in a race for 3rd with Liverpool at best with him instead of Raya. Raya will also get better with a full preseason with us and full understanding of what's required under his belt.

I don't think people are giving him enough credit (or even really talking about it at all) for moving from a team with Brentford's low level of expectations to team competing with City for the title after the season had already begun and managing the pressure of that as well as he has. He doesn't even have the experience of last year to draw upon unlike most of his teammates.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom