• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu Gaspar

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
An invincible, a visionary and these certificates he's racking up a scholar as well :applause:
These guys just need a lot of scapegoats for Arteta’s inability to turn a really expensive team into title winners. I predicted injuries would be recycled yet again like the bozo is only manager who gets them.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Who is scapegoating Edu? He just won an award for being elite. If Arteta didn’t coach up his signings he wouldn’t have earned this meaningless trophy. Arteta is the reason why he can afford the patio gas for his BBQ.

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
Really only Elneny and Cedric left isn't it?
Yeah, while the rest was either sold for peanuts or the contract was terminated :)

It has been a problem for ages, but I can't remeber the last time we sold a player for good money...

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Yeah, while the rest was either sold for peanuts or the contract was terminated :)

It has been a problem for ages, but I can't remeber the last time we sold a player for good money...

Depends if your expecting decent money out of the players who've went out the door. Most of them where players who weren't being used anyway.

MauveGunner

Depends if your expecting decent money out of the players who've went out the door. Most of them where players who weren't being used anyway.
If you see what other clubs get for their deadwood, it's just sad to see.

If wel sell Nelson for example, we might scrape 20M. If he was at Chelsea or Liverpool they would get around double the amount. That's my issue with the sales.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

If wel sell Nelson for example, we might scrape 20M. If he was at Chelsea or Liverpool they would get around double the amount. That's my issue with the sales.
40 million for Nelson? He was free few months ago and no one really pushed for him

MauveGunner

40 million for Nelson? He was free few months ago and no one really pushed for him
If he played for another club than ours they would push it, yes. Our record sale was Anelka for 18 years untill Ox.

Even more recently, the Balogun sale. 30M is a joke. City sold Palmer for 47M, with what credentials? Even with British Tax, it's redicoulous.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I'd imagine tying down the likes of Nelson was partly to protect his value. When he's not played much though it's a bit unrealistic to expect big money out of him for me. If we sold a Saka or a Saliba then I'd expect massive money but hopefully there's no reason for us to have to do that anymore.

I'd say Edu's has moved on those who weren't wanted, brought in most of the players Arteta was after, barring maybe Mudryk unless I'm missing anyone? Young squad as well. Done what's been asked of him really.

MauveGunner

I'd imagine tying down the likes of Nelson was partly to protect his value. When he's not played much though it's a bit unrealistic to expect big money out of him for me. If we sold a Saka or a Saliba then I'd expect massive money but hopefully there's no reason for us to have to do that anymore.

I'd say Edu's has moved on those who weren't wanted, brought in most of the players Arteta was after, barring maybe Mudryk unless I'm missing anyone? Young squad as well. Done what's been asked of him really.
Incomings are okay. Sales are abyssmal for ages at our club. Other clubs sell their deadwood much better than we do, and it bugs me to hell. Always has.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Incomings are okay. Sales are abyssmal for ages at our club. Other clubs sell their deadwood much better than we do, and it bugs me to hell. Always has.

I'd agree, it is frustrating but that's been like that for years, the Fabregas sale a prime example.

Also depends if someone came in for a Nelson, haven't heard anything yet. For example Villa wanted Smith-Rowe and where prepared to pay good money, understandably we wanted to keep him at the time though. Maitland-Niles to Wolves a similar example.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

If he played for another club than ours they would push it, yes. Our record sale was Anelka for 18 years untill Ox.

Even more recently, the Balogun sale. 30M is a joke. City sold Palmer for 47M, with what credentials? Even with British Tax, it's redicoulous.
He doesn’t play for us. When was the last time he started a league game? Nelson is not like Curtis Jones or Harvey Elliot who are legit part of the first team.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

I think we got 3 WC players and 2 players that are close. Interestingly, with this many elite players we win no trophies. Half our outfield players in the team are characterized by our fans and larger football world as World class or close to that level; yet Mik wins no trophies. Makes you wonder.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom