• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fabio Vieira: The Portuguese Project

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Dunno he seems to use certain players for a while and he persisted with Vieira a lot and then sometimes just freezes them out. Similar to Eddie who he played so much even when he wasn't performing then all of a sudden doesn't trust him at all. Think it's a different case here as we've got more options at CF than in midfield especially when it comes to creative midfielders.

For Vieira specifically probably just sees him as too erratic and doesn't do enough of the things he likes off the ball justify persisting with him because of what he could potentially do off the ball. The reason he persisted with someone like Havertz is because of his off the ball stuff and duel winning ability which Arteta values really highly above all else. I think in general Arteta doesn't want to change the dynamics of the team too much. Currently the model is set with Rice-Jorginho and Ødegaard more advanced with Saka right, Havertz usually CF and Lw currently a toss up between Martinelli, Jesus and Trossard. Then he's got the immediate backup option of Rice lone 6 with Zinchenko coming back into the side at LB so he can invert and then Havertz back into midfield at left 8. Vieira doesn't really fit into these two setups unless it's a straight swap for Ødegaard and there's a serious drop off with so many things.

In the first setup to play left 8 he'd have to replace Rice's role and obvious there's a huge difference there and it's just not viable in Arteta's eyes. The 2nd setup he'd replace Havertz but Havertz has this weird specific role which Vieira wouldn't fill like for like anyways.

This is a long winded way of basically saying there's no specific place for Vieira and Arteta doesn't like changing the dynamics of his setups too much which would come with playing Vieira. Last season although Xhaka offered different things it was more of a straight swap.

I would like to see him start in a first 11 environment. Generally his starts have come with the second string in cups. He came on for a cameo a month or so ago and looked lively, and then we've not seen him since, other than the 1 minute vs Brighton.

I feel we should have used him more to give Ødegaard a rest, especially when leading by 2 goals. This will be almost 2 seasons with him now, surely you have to throw him in at some point, adaptation period is over. I think he's had some lively cameos off the bench, i want to see more, especially if we play with Tomi or Kiwior LB.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Looked quite lively when he came on, almost scored and made some good passes. Hopefully he can contribute more next season. It would be nice if Ødegaard would maybe share his inhalers with him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I don't like him as RW but if this the only position that available for him then Arteta has to give him chance specially if we again don't buy RW.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Looked good but then it was against an already beaten Chelsea. But even then Jesus & Nelli didn't do well but Fabio did. So credit to him.

Thrice

I like the beard. He doesn't look like a meth addict anymore.

It's tough for him coming into the team now. Expectations are sky high and every game is must win.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady
Top Bottom