• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FPL (Fantasy Premier League)

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
@Aevius

Most of your points do make sense, thanks again for the heads up!

Though, I'm just not too sure about speding a lot of money on Salah or Alexis - not sure the former can reproduce his form and I strongly feel the latter is on a steep way down.
Richarlison though seems a neat option and I was thinking about him as I had him last season. Went for Son as he's been quite a solid source of points.

Leaving Kane out and getting Firmino or Aguero is seems reasonable, my first choice actually was the 'pool striker.

In midfield...I just thought Ramsey might be a neat option if he gets to scoring, Seri good value at 5.5, and Lingard also a solid, steady source of points.

Aevi

Hale End FC
@Aevius

Most of your points do make sense, thanks again for the heads up!

Though, I'm just not too sure about speding a lot of money on Salah or Alexis - not sure the former can reproduce his form and I strongly feel the latter is on a steep way down.
Richarlison though seems a neat option and I was thinking about him as I had him last season. Went for Son as he's been quite a solid source of points.

Leaving Kane out and getting Firmino or Aguero is seems reasonable, my first choice actually was the 'pool striker.

In midfield...I just thought Ramsey might be a neat option if he gets to scoring, Seri good value at 5.5, and Lingard also a solid, steady source of points.
I agree on Alexis, and personally haven't picked him. He's still interesting though considering Mourinho has said he might play striker for a game or two while Lukaku is out. Don't rate Mourinho's attacking tactics enough though.

Salah however is one I have gone with, just because I think he'll still have a pretty good season if not another great one. It's thus easy to keep captaining him, while I don't know how well other players like Hazard and Alexis will play or if certain City mids will be rotated. He's expensive, but a safe bet considering his xG and Liverpool's style of play. I have considered Mane or Firmino as alternatives though, and am still not sure if I'll make the switch or not. Salah will probably outscore them, but if that's by enough points, I'm not certain.

Ramsey is a good pick, but he's one I'd transfer in once he's fit again. Having a player of his price on the bench for 2 weeks or so isn't great.

Seri might work out but he's at an awkward price range where he's cheap but not cheap cheap, and I feel it's worth saving .5 or 1m and getting a bench player instead so you can upgrade a starter. If you've got the extra money though and don't have any good upgrades to make elsewhere, then I guess why not.

Lingard is fine, it's just that him starting is up in the air for the first gameweek or two, kind of like Ramsey.

Aevi

Hale End FC
@Toby Andrl it is your team though of course, so do as you like. You may actually be right about certain picks for all we know.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
@Toby Andrl it is your team though of course, so do as you like. You may actually be right about certain picks for all we know.

no worries!

I had some of the same ideas re Firmino, Arnautovic, Fabianski, the midfield and Burnley defenders but ended up with that team. I don't give too much on these games anyway, as I start excited but tend to loose interest as I can't keep up with it for week after week. Lost serious amounts of points just cause I don't swap injured players etc.

Still, I took some of your tips to heart and changed basically the whole team :lol:

CanadianGooner1608

Lloris--Steele

Davies--Lovren--Mee--Chambers--Lichtsteiner

Sessegnon--Jorginho--Mané--Son--Schürle

Vardy--Aubameyang--Firmino.

Definitely going to mess around with it some more (and shut up about subsequent changes), but this is what it's shaping up to be so far.

Edit: as I was writing this, I realized Davies, Lichtsteiner and Son needed to go even if temporarily. Team has changed :)

Last edited:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Major pain in the arse trying to figure out which City players to pick. B. Silva seems like a good price for the opening games but then what if he doesn't start at all. They've so much depth that it's putting me off even though they had the same last season and ended up with tons of points.

The world cup is also playing havoc. Do you go with Sturridge over Firminho given Sturridge has had a fantastic pre season and Firminho has just returned, same goes for Pedro over Hazard.

One thing for certain Alexis is my captain. No international tournament, a full pre season playing well and with no Lukaku likely to start up front while hitting all the penalties and free kicks as Pogba has just returned.

Edit
I've done some average calculation using players ranked 1 , 5 and 10 in each position.

Gk
De Gea (172) 6.0 m
Ryan (146) 4.5m
Cech (124) 5.0
Average 147

Df
Azpilicueta 175 at 6.5m
Davies 145 at 6m
Monreal 130 at 5.5
Average 150

Mf
Salah 303 at 13m
Mahrez 195 at 9m
D Silva 169 at 8.5m
Average 227

Fw
Kane 212 at 12.5m
Lukaku 162 at 11m
Perez 124 at 6.5m
Average 166

Strength clearly rests in midfield with the tenth ranked midfielder ahead of all but the top ranked striker, defender and keeper. And given Silva is 2.5m cheaper than the 5th ranked striker it screams value. On average a much superior point total and also compared to more expensive forwards cheaper. Questions of course remain will Mahrez get as many points and the knock on effect on a value striker like Vardy. But still target the midfield as best you can and try and get value elsewhere.

Last edited:

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Fabianski - (Begovic)

Walker - Otamendi - Lascelles - (Kelly - Chambers)

Salah - Son - Richarlison - Schurrle - (Niles)

Zaha - Vardy - Firmino

:bounce:

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Kane and Keita will be in my team for 100%.

Don't have a single City player in my team so far...

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
89 people in thus far, pretty good turnout considering the forum page it was in is dead. Putting it here now for exposure's sake.

Weird thing about this is that I only see like 2 names in common with usernames on this site, so it just looks like a load of randos :lol:

Mine is obvious, but only if you know The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. FC Magrathea.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I've been playing it since it started. If you really get into it you'll find yourself watching a Wolves vs Huddersfield game just to see how that obscure left back is getting on that you're thinking of picking. You'll question what you're doing with your life around then. :eek:ops:

I would watch Wolves vs. Huddersfield anyway. Sad, I know. :p

neimad

I would watch Wolves vs. Huddersfield anyway. Sad, I know. :p

:lol::lol:

I must have watched most games in the World cup this year as I found it very entertaining. They showed every game on local tv here in Ireland.

Also I have a theory that putting on 3 games a day is a social experiment to see how much football a guy can watch before his wife/girlfriend loses it with him :rolleyes:

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
:lol::lol:

I must have watched most games in the World cup this year as I found it very entertaining. They showed every game on local tv here in Ireland.

Also I have a theory that putting on 3 games a day is a social experiment to see how much football a guy can watch before his wife/girlfriend loses it with him :rolleyes:

One of the advantages of being old and retired is that you can easily make time for these things. I think I missed part of two of the early morning (here in the states) World Cup games because I needed to go out to the grocery store. Aside from that, I watched it all. :lol:

Aevi

Hale End FC
Apologies @Toby Andrl if you took Alonso out, he still seems to bomb forward loads under Sarri. I expected him to be much more conservative.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Apologies @Toby Andrl if you took Alonso out, he still seems to bomb forward loads under Sarri. I expected him to be much more conservative.
looks like the fullbacks have alternative jobs for chelsea. azpili stayed back while alonso bombs forward. bellerin has always had massive issues against this guy whenever we play them

neimad

Aubamayang is breaking my heart. Have him and Aguero up front. Thought he'd pick up some points for me at the weekend. If I sell him he's going to go on a blitz. Will give him one last chance against Cardiff:rolleyes:

CanadianGooner1608

A good first week, a disappointing second one, and a horrific third for me.
The horor of having my fpl relying on the two Utd players I picked is more than I can bear lol.

Might have to use one of either the wildcard or free hit to get back into it.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom