• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Generic Scottish football thread

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
David Moyes being linked with the Celtic job. Good move for him to get some trophies on his CV and rebuild his reputation.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
**** move by Rodgers.

Leicester look pretty safe & just over a month left in SPL isnt it? Why not wait.

Looking forward to see him in the PL without Suarez though.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

David Moyes being linked with the Celtic job. Good move for him to get some trophies on his CV and rebuild his reputation.

Lennon's been named interim manager and barring something disastrous I can imagine he'll probably be given the job permanently.

Reactions: A_G

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Lennon's been named interim manager and barring something disastrous I can imagine he'll probably be given the job permanently.
I really hope he isn't. Personally I'd be after big Sam. Celtic are good enough to dominate Scottish football but need to be a bit more street wise in Europe. Rodgers for all his brilliance just wanted to attack against as opposed to making us difficult to beat.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I really hope he isn't. Personally I'd be after big Sam. Celtic are good enough to dominate Scottish football but need to be a bit more street wise in Europe. Rodgers for all his brilliance just wanted to attack against as opposed to making us difficult to beat.

What's Celtic actually aiming for though? Because getting into the CL group stages seems the best they could possibly achieve which Rodgers did twice. I mean domestically they lack serious competition and they don't seem to spend a lot of money. The Edouard signing seems as big as I can remember for them as they mostly seem to do loans, frees or unknowns for very small prices. Most of the time they'll be stuck in with two top teams especially with the way the seedings work now so it seems to me like CL group stages is their ceiling and even then getting there is tough work due to the amount of qualifiers.

I remember they did getting to last 16 under Lennon but to me something like that seems like a once off. For me surely they're better following a model of appointing a young manager for the long term and investing heavily in youth, bargains and selling them on for big fees. I mean they could be getting £30 million for Tierney soon which would be good business.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

What's Celtic actually aiming for though? Because getting into the CL group stages seems the best they could possibly achieve which Rodgers did twice. I mean domestically they lack serious competition and they don't seem to spend a lot of money. The Edouard signing seems as big as I can remember for them as they mostly seem to do loans, frees or unknowns for very small prices. Most of the time they'll be stuck in with two top teams especially with the way the seedings work now so it seems to me like CL group stages is their ceiling and even then getting there is tough work due to the amount of qualifiers.

I remember they did getting to last 16 under Lennon but to me something like that seems like a once off. For me surely they're better following a model of appointing a young manager for the long term and investing heavily in youth, bargains and selling them on for big fees. I mean they could be getting £30 million for Tierney soon which would be good business.

I think they should try and follow an Ajax type model, lots of young home grown players whilst being a gateway to bigger clubs for younger talent like they did with van Dijk and Wanyama.

They’ve got a proud history, they’re a European Cup winning team and while that’s obviously unlikely they’re still a big name within football.

@bingobob agree on finding a more pragmatic manager, I remember against PSG when they hammered you. He seemed to insist on playing a passing game against them when another manager would’ve realised that was suicidal.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
To be honest I don't blame Rodgers for jumping on this opportunity. I think most managers could succeed Celtic considering their resources and team, but clearly in Europe they can't compete with the likes of Valencia let alone the elite clubs. Succeeding at Celtic doesn't necessarily increase your reputation all that much outside of Scotland.

Leicester don't really have much chance to break into the top 6 but IMO the PL is a much bigger challenge for a manager, and they'll always have an outside shot at the cups. If he can regularly get them ahead of the likes of Everton and Wolves then maybe a bigger club will give him a chance.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Sorry but I really don't get any criticism of Rodgers here, all seems perfectly fine to me. I was watching a Paul Machin video where he was talking as if it's too soon for Rodgers to return to the PL and that he should manage f*cking Club Brugge or someone, as if he committed a mortal sin and must do penance. Like ok, his time at Liverpool ended badly but he's obviously a decent manager ffs.

He's managed 169 games at Celtic, in the f*cking Scottish league, and people are saying he's gone too soon? Christ, they should be grateful he stayed that long. In the real world, Leicester are a far bigger club than Celtic, with lots of good young players and a very acute recruitment policy. It's a no-brainer. Good move for him, good move for Leicester.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

@Tir Na Nog we don't spend huge amounts and Edouard was the record signing breaking the record previously held by Sutton. I know most supporters I've spoke to and comments read online all agreed if Rodgers walked in the summer he'd have gone with people's blessings. And by all accounts Leicester were happy to wait for him. It's tough to take when he says he is a fan it's a dream job he is here for the 10 and then does that.

@Rex Banner I think that model will continue . Tierney came through the academy as has McGregor and Ajer all of whom could move on. Then there are pints on guys like Ntcham and Edouard with the idea of moving them on when the time is right.

I think in my eyes the next steps is getting us back at a respectable European level. Teams never liked coming to Celtic Park. Didn't matter if it was Barcelona or United they knew they were in for a tough time. Rodgers lost that. To an extent Delia did as well but he isn't at the same level as Rodgers. It's a tough gig. But if we do that then we have a history of finishing second and making the last 16 or we drop into the Europa and have a platform to progress. The squad is good enough to do so.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Sad news from Parkhead. Billy McNeill was a giant of the game in Scotland. A real Celtic man. The first British player to lift the European Cup in 1967 with the Lisbon Lions. Celtic player (over 800 appearances), manager and an extremely likeable man.

RIP Cesar.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
They are, as much as I slag of Celtic fans and the bubble they live in Rangers fans are just horrible horrible ****s. Completely backward a lot of them.
I would not be suprprised if 99% of them are decent.
Always the asshoiles getting heard.

Top Bottom