• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
As usual, bullshit opinions from you. A player is good because he wore the captain's armband at Arsenal?:lol:
Do you even follow Arsenal? We had 5 captains last year and three this year. One of the three is Özil who no one has heard about for quite sometime. And you still take the captain's armband seriously?

But I have to say. It is insulting to see this clown being called captain of my favourite club:

Wtf are you even on about. What has all this bollocks you're spouting to do with your joke post above where you said our Captain was accommodated for a loanee starting his second game? :rofl:

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Wtf are you even on about. What has all this bollocks you're spouting to do with your joke post above where you said our Captain was accommodated for a loanee starting his second game? :rofl:
And I said that captaincy is a meaningless title at Arsenal. You just proving time and again that you are blind.

Furious

And I said that captaincy is a meaningless title at Arsenal. You just proving time and again that you are blind.

Xhaka is a regular, when he's fit, he always plays.

Ceballos is a loanee, who was just starting his 2nd game for us at AM again, ironically the same position he excelled in against Burnley, when Xhaka didn't play.

So again, I ask you, how the f*ck do you come to the asinine conclusion that Ceballos played AM(again) to accommodate Xhaka, who always plays?

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Xhaka is a regular, when he's fit, he always plays.

Ceballos is a loanee, who was just starting his 2nd game for us at AM again, ironically the same position he excelled in against Burnley, when Xhaka didn't play.

So again, I ask you, how the f*ck do you come to the asinine conclusion that Ceballos played AM(again) to accommodate Xhaka, who always plays?
I know that you don't watch matches. Looks like you don't even check the lineups on internet. In the Burnley match, our midfield three was Ceballos-Gendouzi-Willock. Forward 3 was Auba-Laca-Pepe.
In pool match, our middle three was Xhaka-Willock-Gendouzi. Forward three being Auba-Pepe-Ceballos. Strength of Ceballos is to carry the ball from the back. So he is more useful in a midfield three.
I said that Ceballos was moved to play im the front to let Xhaka back into the team. Of course, it is stupid of me to think that you will understand my post. Unrealistic expectations have bitten me before.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I know that you don't watch matches. Looks like you don't even check the lineups on internet. In the Burnley match, our midfield three was Ceballos-Gendouzi-Willock. Forward 3 was Auba-Laca-Pepe.
In pool match, our middle three was Xhaka-Willock-Gendouzi. Forward three being Auba-Pepe-Ceballos. Strength of Ceballos is to carry the ball from the back. So he is more useful in a midfield three.
I said that Ceballos was moved to play im the front to let Xhaka back into the team. Of course, it is stupid of me to think that you will understand my post. Unrealistic expectations have bitten me before.

For large parts of that game we lined Up with a 4312

And later shifted due to the pressure of the pool fbs

Furious

For the Burnely match player positions on whoscored show Dani as the most advanced in a 4231. Transfermarkt also have us in 4231. Anyone watching the game would tell you the same, but yeah I didn't match the match apparently. So, yeah, Dani played AM in both games. Had nothing to do with Xhaka.

But then again you're the one who thinks Emery has something against Lacazette and Torreira because he didn't start them vs Pool. Asinine logic as per usual.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
For the Burnely match player positions on whoscored show Dani as the most advanced in a 4231. Transfermarkt also have us in 4231. Anyone watching the game would tell you the same, but yeah I didn't match the match apparently. So, yeah, Dani played AM in both games. Had nothing to do with Xhaka.

But then again you're the one who thinks Emery has something against Lacazette and Torreira because he didn't start them vs Pool. Asinine logic as per usual.
In the Burnley match, Ceballos was operating from behind the line collecting ball from defence and GK often. Ceballos role was different in Pool match. Yeah. Don't watch the match and look at transfermarkt for details. Typical you.

Furious

In the Burnley match, Ceballos was operating from behind the line collecting ball from defence and GK often. Ceballos role was different in Pool match. Yeah. Don't watch the match and look at transfermarkt for details. Typical you.

That's his way of playing, he wants to be on the ball all the time. Even against Pool he tried to be a lot in the ball, and failed miserably with for example the pass to Mane. But obviously you know nothing about the player, so it's just another instance, where you're clueless. Common stuff.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Ceballos's main strength is to carry the ball from defensive half to attack. Playing him in the front just behind Auba and Pepe was of no use. Even Ramsey was useless in that position. Ceballos should have been played in the middle-3 and not the forward-3.

Ceballos is still better as the most advanced midfielder compared to the other available players, and Emery has always used a player in that role. He was the obvious choice.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Henderson wasn't the prime cause in any of those wins, he was just a cog. You're kinda making my point for me. And lol at the 'gerrards successor' bit, Henderson isn't half the player gerrard was.
Maybe not but he’s been involved in some of Liverpool’s resurgence. I don’t rate Henderson but he’s a much more positive asset for Liverpool than Xhaka is for us. So I can say this with my chest Hendo > Xhaka

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Ceballos was the advanced mod against Burnley. He and Willock naturally rotated in that game and Emery confirmed that after. So yeah Ceballos isn’t being moved to accommodate Xhaka.

I don’t mind easing Ceballos in as a number eight or ten who can choose to drop deep and dictate. If he can replace Xhaka that’s brilliant (but also pointless if he goes back to Madrid).

TakeChillPill

Established Member
With Luiz being able to ping cross field balls from deep there really isnt a need for xhaka. we don't need a CM to play like a quarter back, Luiz can do that job. This in essence makes xhaka's role redundant. Wilock, Ceballos, torrieria and even Douzi are all more mobile, can play quick 1-2s and beat the press.

I really don't know what special things Xhaka can offer to the team, aside from his long shots.

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
Hugely important player and having one of his mould is vital to the way the biggest teams operate. A deeper midfielder tasked with combining good ball distribution and show decent defensive capabilities.

Yes he has made mistakes but these are not major structural impairments in his game, these are easily rectifiable. The fact remains he is still our best performing midfielder, as he was last season. An awful lot is asked of players in Xhaka’s position and with his skill set (think of the responsibilities Busquets, Pjanic, Kroos/Casemiro, Fernandinho etc are tasked with). Getting the midfield balance right is our biggest challenge at the moment. For me, it’s best to go with a flat 3 midfield:

Ceballos-Xhaka
Torreira

This 3 offers great balance and I think will bring the best out of all of them collectively. Puts a lot of responsibility on the front 3 to make things happen with a midfield playing slightly deeper but we have enough talent there that I believe the setup will work. Days of 4231 are slowly coming to an end at the top level. You need a full 3 in midfield to compete

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
Not sure how I could forget that one tbf.. I always love a goal vs United. Still I feel his shooting isn't what it used to be. I was led to believe this was like a super power of his when really it feels like it is an absolute hit and hope half the time.

He has scored more than enough goals from distance to show his capabilities are more than just “hit and hope”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom