• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gullit on Arsenal

IW8

seanconvey66 said:
He didnt bring 1 player with potential thru. Infact hes the man who nearly destroyed Shearers career.

Shearer's career was ruined when he damaged his knee.

Then why not just hold on to the player with constructive reasons than using his arse to air out views

Since when has any Manager been constructive about trying to hold on to one of his prize players?

johe

:x He's trying to tell Van Persie that he'll never get the chance if he joins us!! Tbh he wasn't all that as a manager :roll:

Arjan

Pat's missing Gerbil said:
Ruud never gave a toss about youth or young players when he managed here! scared of losing his player me thinks.

Sorry, but Ruud Gullit now is the coach of the dutch under 19 squad, so I guess he does give something about youth players....

Obvioulsy he is trying to keep Feyenoords biggest talent, basicly Van Persie is the only reason why fans go out to see Feyenoord, the rest of the squad, except Ono, are crap!

tox

aint seen much of this van persie, but i was watching dutch football on tv the other night and feynord were playing terrible. maybe a good time to get him on cheap i suppose.

IW8

Pat's missing Gerbil said:
Ruud never gave a toss about youth or young players when he managed here!

I agree with those that say Gullit was/is an average Manager, and there are few that would disagree with the arguement that he was a great player. However, there seem to be several people who are letting facts get in the way of a good arguement! Gullit was the Manager who picked up the pieces after the diabacle that was Kevin Keegan. One of the first things he did whilst Manager at Newcastle was to reinstall the youth system that was dismantled by Keegan.

Infact I will go one further and say that there are many people on this forum who have thrown the charge "of not giving youth a chance" at AW!

Arjan

Let us not forget that Arsenal and Feyenoord do not have a good relationship. Ever since we made Feyenoord wait for like 6 months to offer for Jery Dudek, feyenoord are still a little frustrated by that, so that would explain this backstab by Gullit. But it is 100% sure Van Persie will leave now or in the summer. It is up to Arsenal to match Feyenoords asking price.

orion

Well there's no doubts about his merits as a player, but in management Mr Gullit hasn't proven him self. It all started well in Chelsea, but he had it all made for him self there, he was all ready familiar to the surroundings and all he needed to do is spend the cash that was given to him. He did make some excellent signings though, in that respect he did a much better job than Vialli who never really had a clue.

After being sacked because of some of the following reasons; greed, stress, relationships, results, everyone can take their pick, he was given a job in Newcastle, which proved to be a bad choice for both the club and the man himself. This was a club in turmoil after Kenny Dalglish (another player come manager) and it's in these kind of cirmunstances that a manager is really put to the test. It's so easy to stand at a club that is on an upward spiral and seam to be the best man for the job, but when you face a task of turning the ship around and building from the ashes that's when your credentials to be a great manager are really proven.

It's been a case with many players who have stepped straight into managing the club they were playing for, it all goes well for a while as you're simply keeping the wheels turning, but when you are faced with a prospect of building a new team you just fall short of the requirements.

This is why Wenger also belives that managers should start with small clubs and eventually gather the needed experience to manage at top level.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom